talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ivan Gazidis Joins AC Milan

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Panna King said:

Doesn't mean they will be good coaches or even want to Coach AC Milan!     Gattuso is not exactly doing great.

I said when he was appointed that it was a strange decision, maybe one to revolutionise the issue at that given time considering the circumstances, but nothing beneficial for the long term.

30 minutes ago, AMG said:

-Gattuso

+Maldini

Problem solved

What makes Maldini a good coach? just because he was a legend as player, he might not want his named tarnished if he fails as a coach there.     The only really legend of a player who was a good coach is Frank Rijkaard and didn't he want to go anywhere near AC Milan when he was offered the chance. 

59 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I said when he was appointed that it was a strange decision, maybe one to revolutionise the issue at that given time considering the circumstances, but nothing beneficial for the long term.

Gattuso is just a shouter,  he will be good for a team up for a relegation fight but AC Milan surely want to go on and improve after the mess they have been in for years, now they have some sort of structure in place now. 

I'll say one thing... With all of his negatives (mainly cowardice) and all, Gazidis was the closest thing resembling a football man we had on that board to do battle with mainly shareholders.  The ones that have taken his place are yes men especially Kroenke's son obviously... But then again Gazidis was ultimately a yes man and would only give off cryptic truths every time the opportunity arose at a specific moment which could be construed as just mutterings.

The structure has changed at Arsenal... It's definitely more modern but the underlay which is the most important factor remains or seems to remain, the same directive that is based on false notions of grandeur. 

On 19/09/2018 at 14:57, Panna King said:

Gattuso is just a shouter,  he will be good for a team up for a relegation fight but AC Milan surely want to go on and improve after the mess they have been in for years, now they have some sort of structure in place now. 

Post Christmas, they were the third best team in Serie A last season.

9 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I'll say one thing... With all of his negatives (mainly cowardice) and all, Gazidis was the closest thing resembling a football man we had on that board to do battle with mainly shareholders.  The ones that have taken his place are yes men especially Kroenke's son obviously... But then again Gazidis was ultimately a yes man and would only give off cryptic truths every time the opportunity arose at a specific moment which could be construed as just mutterings.

The structure has changed at Arsenal... It's definitely more modern but the underlay which is the most important factor remains or seems to remain, the same directive that is based on false notions of grandeur. 

Gazadis had been at the club for about 12 years, it clearly was not him who put this new structure together because why has it taken so long for him to do otherwise?  Wenger couldn't of been calling all the shots when Gazidis is suppose to be his boss.   There are many flaws with Gazadis and the main one was that he kept Wenger far to long at the club, which again someone else made the decision to get rid of Wenger. I always found Gazadis was so far out of touch with the fans, he always came across as smug, cocky and very arrogant. 

1 hour ago, Panna King said:

Gazadis had been at the club for about 12 years, it clearly was not him who put this new structure together because why has it taken so long for him to do otherwise?  Wenger couldn't of been calling all the shots when Gazidis is suppose to be his boss.   There are many flaws with Gazadis and the main one was that he kept Wenger far to long at the club, which again someone else made the decision to get rid of Wenger. I always found Gazadis was so far out of touch with the fans, he always came across as smug, cocky and very arrogant. 

But it was Kroenke himself that renewed Wenger when there was almost a unanimous call for him to go on his last renewal. 

• 2 months later...

Former Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis has been confirmed as the new CEO of AC Milan at a board meeting on Wednesday.

Gazidis takes charge on a deal which runs until June 30, 2020.

The 54-year-old became chief executive at Arsenal in 2008 but announced his departure in September, saying: "I know many will think this is a strange time to be leaving but I believe it is the right time for me and the club."

Archived