talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Discussion

football forum

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

I hope they give him the keys to the fucking City :D

That's a bit much, imagine if they'd done that for Hodge-Podge.

I never thought I could think less of Fat Sam compared to before he took the job, but he truly is awful. Hands down the worst Everton manager I've ever seen, even with the very small sample size of matches.

So it'd be a bit funny if they didn't sack him. They absolutely should sack him, but with their owner who knows. They absolutely should have signed a replacement for Lukaku and not sign a shitload of #10s, yet here we are today.

And if Everton are now going to waste their new found wealth on letting Fat Sam run wild with a big warchest... well god help them.

I'd feel for them, but also think it's pretty funny. Like I do with him in charge right now.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I never thought I could think less of Fat Sam compared to before he took the job, but he truly is awful. Hands down the worst Everton manager I've ever seen, even with the very small sample size of matches.

Mike Walker was a lot worse. 

1 minute ago, HK85 said:

Mike Walker was a lot worse. 

I forgot all about him haha, probably because I was a kid and he wasn't anything to fucking remember.

I'll revise my statement: the worst Everton manager that I've seen in my life, that is actually memorable.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

42 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

AFC Everton, formed 2018. 

WHO'S WITH ME

I'd love a grassroots side that is for all Merseysiders. Reds, blues, and Tranmere too (don't forget about my side of the Mersey - although I never really liked Tranmere... does that make me a glory hunter? :( ) - would be cool, I think.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'd love a grassroots side that is for all Merseysiders. Reds, blues, and Tranmere too (don't forget about my side of the Mersey - although I never really liked Tranmere... does that make me a glory hunter? :( ) - would be cool, I think.

There's CoLFC that get a few in through the door. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Reds and Blues under one roof? Bleurgh :ph34r:.

To be fair, Liverpool as a city has always been pretty good at having a unity about it but when it comes to football I can't see there ever being much momentum behind an AFC club as a second side for both Red and Blue.

• Subscriber

Maybe I'm being harsh but this time yesterday I thought Sandro was unfortunate, a young and talented footballer who has been held back by injuries and joining a struggling club at the wrong time. However comments like this just make him come across like he's not interested in fighting to succeed at Everton (maybe you can't blame him?) but if that's the case I'm no longer arsed about seeing him come back and get another chance. No great loss after all.

Such a shame though, it seemed like we'd pulled off one of the buys of the window getting a player who was comfortably into double figures in La Liga last season for 5 million. On the other hand, low fee means we've not lost a great investment here like we have on some other players.

I don't know whether anyone else listens to the Royal Blue podcast with the Echo journalists but they compared him to Suso and Aspas (two other Premier League flops who were good in La Liga and are now Spanish internationals), not that I'm trying to have a dig at Liverpool because those are the examples they used on the podcast. It does seem strange that certain young Spanish players have a specific issue performing in England.

For the record, Sandro is hardly pulling up trees at Sevilla either, so it's debatable whether they'll even want to make the move permanent. While he hasn't had a plethora of opportunities mostly settling for substitute appearances, no goals yet and a single assist in the Copa del Rey semi final doesn't scream out "impact" to me personally.

There are a lot of players who've done well in either La Liga or Serie A, struggled in England, and then left to go on to continue positive career development though. I don't think that's anything new or surprising. Wasn't Suso also a kid when he joined us? And when he did play for the first team, you'd see moments of real quality despite never showing the end product. And then when he went to AC Milan, he looks a hell of a lot better (although Milan are a total shambles right now and have been for years). Aspas never looked ready for the pace and physicality of England, and he hardly ever got any time on the pitch with Suarez around and Sturridge staying relatively injury free that season and being in immense form - so I do think confidence may have been a factor as well. Though there's no excuse for that awful corner xD

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Danny said:

Why would you want to stay at Everton when you could go to Sevilla?

At the same time, why would we be arsed about a player who's spent half a season injured and couldn't get a game over Niasse and Calvert-Lewin when he was fit and now is on loan at Sevilla and can't get a game there either.

• Subscriber

Issue for us for the rest of the season not that we have anything else to play for now. Rooney and Gueye could play deep with either Davies or Klaassen ahead. Gives us a chance I suppose to see if Klaassen can show signs of being able to cut it in England. Anything as long as Schneiderlin doesn't end up back in the starting eleven.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Issue for us for the rest of the season not that we have anything else to play for now. Rooney and Gueye could play deep with either Davies or Klaassen ahead. Gives us a chance I suppose to see if Klaassen can show signs of being able to cut it in England. Anything as long as Schneiderlin doesn't end up back in the starting eleven.

Vlasic, please. 

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

You'd play him central?

Yep. Think he'd be our next best option there, if Rooney is to stay deeper. 

Not going to happen, though. Won't see him for again under Allardyce probably.

We'll just likely play three midfielders with no instruction for any of them to advance away from home but now and again Davies or Rooney will push on at home. 

• Subscriber
Just now, HK85 said:

Yep. Think he'd be our next best option there, if Rooney is to stay deeper. 

Not going to happen, though. Won't see him for again under Allardyce probably.

We'll just likely play three midfielders with no instruction for any of them to advance away from home but now and again Davies or Rooney will push on at home. 

Yeah don't mind that as long as we get one pushing on from midfield. As long as Coleman and Baines are fit we can afford to be conservative in midfield and try and overload out wide.

I wouldn't mind seeing Vlasic get some time in place of Bolasie but like you say, I'm not expecting to see a lot of him this season.