talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Discussion

football forum

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The main issue with Walsh still is the lack of clarification over his role. Who decided to bid for Walcott and Tosun? Because whether it's Sam or Walsh one of them deserves mild credit for that.

I think he's heavily involved in all first team player acquisitions. Manager and DoF decide what's a priority, they both have their ideas and come to an agreement. Obviously some are heavily backed by one of them, Klaassen from Koeman, Lookman from Walsh for example. 

Walsh wanted Allardyce from start after Koeman was sacked (that's enough for him to be sacked) and pushed for it. 

He travels for discussions with teams and players, as well. He actually does a fair amount but Moshiri is rightfully wanting more value for money and that's why we've looked at other people to step in. 

Walsh wasn't even our first pick for the job, Moshiri wanted Monchi. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I actually don't want to see us make big signings this summer. Much prefer it if we clear out the ones that need clearing out and just replace them with young, decent players. Then just need to find a manager who can grow the club by developing players rather than splashing out on "stars".

12 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I actually don't want to see us make big signings this summer. Much prefer it if we clear out the ones that need clearing out and just replace them with young, decent players. Then just need to find a manager who can grow the club by developing players rather than splashing out on "stars".

Ideally, yeah. I think whoever is DoF and manager this summer is under a lot of pressure to have a good summer window which is why I can't see many 'unknown' players coming through the doors. Success rate this window has got to be high. 

10 hours ago, HK85 said:

Ideally, yeah. I think whoever is DoF and manager this summer is under a lot of pressure to have a good summer window which is why I can't see many 'unknown' players coming through the doors. Success rate this window has got to be high. 

I thought you lot won the ‘Transfers Of The Summer Award’ last season? 

58 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I thought you lot won the ‘Transfers Of The Summer Award’ last season? 

We didn't do much business last season. Williams, Gana, Bolasie. Stekelenburg for a minimal fee, DCL for £1 million, Valencia on loan. 

Don't think any one said we done well. 

1 hour ago, HK85 said:

We didn't do much business last season. Williams, Gana, Bolasie. Stekelenburg for a minimal fee, DCL for £1 million, Valencia on loan. 

Don't think any one said we done well. 

Maybe I should have put it up in lights for you? 

Last summer mate, last summer :D

• Subscriber

It would be funny if we were deluded and thought we had a great summer while everyone else called that we'd fucked up but most people were generally impressed with the business we did aside from not replacing Lukaku. Obviously we were wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/11316202/psv-technical-director-marcel-brands-to-join-everton?__twitter_impression=true

Marcel Brands on his way to Everton, surely to replace Steve Walsh. This means that the Fabra link that was posted yesterday is more likely to have some truth to it as Brands has a reputation for bringing South Americans to PSV. 

If this is all true it gives me faith that the new regime will be in place sooner rather than later, sans Big Sam, Little Sam and Shakespeare.

Yeah that letter is on the fucking money.

You blueshite have been sold so many promises over the decades about ambition from your board, but never really kicked on.

Granted, in recent history the best time you've had to do that on the pitch was in the Moyes era, but Kenwright would never give Everton the financial backing to challenge because the club didn't have the resources. And Leeds is a good example of why you don't go into financial ruin in the chase of glory... of it fails it could be a disaster.

But now you've got investment and can splash more cash, Everton fans absolutely have a right to demand better.

Especially better than this season. I've enjoyed it, because I support Liverpool, but there's absolutely no reason for Everton to have had the season they're having. And everyone but the board (who did give good financial backing) and the fans (who are just fans, once again disappointed due to their club underperforming). Walsh made huge errors over the summer and has built a very unbalanced squad, Koeman it appears signed off on it then couldn't get a cohesive looking team out and had them looking like contenders for the drop, and Fat Sam's general cowardice is just not what a club with ambition turns to (granted, they were seeking safety at that point).

It's another rebuild for Everton this summer. They need a new manager and the new DoF needs to work with him to identify a long term system he wants to implement on the pitch, and they need to identify players in the short term they can work towards building to that.

It's not as though Everton aren't patient. A manager that can at least get fans excited about the football on the pitch can and will be afforded setbacks in terms of results if the mentality and play on the pitch is improved.

With the shit Kenwright has put you blueshite through, and the fact you've now actually got financial weight + the ridiculous prem TV money, it's definitely justifiable to demand more ambition than you've seen from your club in the last 3 decades.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Elstone (CEO) appears to be on his way out to take over Super League. Kenwright I don't dislike as much as some Evertonians but he's long outstayed his welcome. Brands coming in to replace Walsh, Moshiri taking the reins properly and a new manager to come in and try to move the club forward will make me happy. Even if it goes tits up (again), that can happen, just want to see us try rather than treading water.

Having all these new people agreeing on what they want to see and working towards it as a cohesive unit is what will make it a success.

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Elstone (CEO) appears to be on his way out to take over Super League. Kenwright I don't dislike as much as some Evertonians but he's long outstayed his welcome. Brands coming in to replace Walsh, Moshiri taking the reins properly and a new manager to come in and try to move the club forward will make me happy. Even if it goes tits up (again), that can happen, just want to see us try rather than treading water.

Having all these new people agreeing on what they want to see and working towards it as a cohesive unit is what will make it a success.

Yeah if it goes tits up, as long as there was some financial responsibility and risk calculation... which there should be in a business that size... that's okay and it does happen to clubs who are rebuilding literally every season.

That's fine as long as there is an actual attempt to rebuild. And there's steps taken to have an immediate action plan if another manager has you in free fall - then the worst that happens after a failed rebuild and suffering through an awful season is you're back to having to start a new rebuild with a new manager.

The biggest appointment, bigger than the manager is the DoF. So if Brand works out for you, I think you'll be in much better shape in the long run.

• Upvote 1

Everton boss Sam Allardyce will sit down with Wayne Rooney this week to discuss his angry reaction to being substituted during Saturday's derby draw with Liverpool.

Rooney was taken off with just 57 minutes played in the goalless draw at Goodison Park to be replaced by Idrissa Gueye, and seemed angry with the call as he grabbed his coat with force and muttered to himself on the bench.

However, Allardyce understands why the 32-year-old former England captain was less than impressed to come off.

11 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Fat Sam was absolutely spot on hooking Rooney as Everton were much better without him on the pitch. 

Why the fuck should a manager have to explain anything to a player anyway? Just do as you’re told. 

• Subscriber
59 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Fat Sam was absolutely spot on hooking Rooney as Everton were much better without him on the pitch. 

Why the fuck should a manager have to explain anything to a player anyway? Just do as you’re told. 

Because the reason Rooney and our other midfielders were shite is down to the tactics he asks them to play.