talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Discussion

football forum

22 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Because the reason Rooney and our other midfielders were shite is down to the tactics he asks them to play.

I wouldn’t say that, in fact the tactics almost worked perfectly. 

Everyone and their mother thought we would win easily and for a long time it looked like we were going to but Everton held out and then Sam put younger, fresher legs on towards the end and almost, almost snatched a late winner. 

I still don’t get why Rooney expects an explanation from his manager? It’s not even like he’s very good. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

I wouldn’t say that, in fact the tactics almost worked perfectly. 

Everyone and their mother thought we would win easily and for a long time it looked like we were going to but Everton held out and then Sam put younger, fresher legs on towards the end and almost, almost snatched a late winner. 

I still don’t get why Rooney expects an explanation from his manager? It’s not even like he’s very good. 

Can you find me a quote saying that Rooney has demanded an explanation? Or is it just that the manager has said he'll sit down with him and now we're inventing the part where it's because Rooney expects that to happen?

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Absolute bollocks. Snatched his jacket, told Allardache (and Sammy Lee) to fuck off and stormed down the tunnel. 

Not that I blame him, pathetic substitution.

How's it a pathetic substitution though? You looked better without Rooney on the pitch from my eyes.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Abdoulaye Doucouré to L'Équipe - "Everton? No, that's not a step up for me. If I left Watford to join a club who's not better, that would be disrespectful."

:ph34r:

This is what they are up against!

Stop it... I'm gonna wee xD

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
On 17/05/2018 at 21:13, Cicero said:

Abdoulaye Doucouré to L'Équipe - "Everton? No, that's not a step up for me. If I left Watford to join a club who's not better, that would be disrespectful."

:ph34r:

They can have Schneiderlin, nice swap deal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Ashley Williams suffers collapsed lung :o 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44344933

Captain Ashley Williams has revealed he suffered a punctured lung which then collapsed during Wales' goalless draw with Mexico on Tuesday.

Williams, 33, also suffered "multiple breaks" on two ribs after colliding with Javier Hernandez and was substituted after just 20 minutes.

It was the Everton defender's first match in almost three months.

"Look forward to flying home and resting up now before the new season," Williams wrote on Facebook.

"[A] crazy couple of weeks. Great to be back in a FA Wales shirt and with the lads.

"However after coming off after 20 minutes with multiple breaks on two ribs, I went to hospital and found out I had punctured my left lung which led to it collapsing."

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Danny said:

Kieran Dowell expected to feature for Everton this season? Only seen highlights but he looks decent.

I hope he gets a chance in pre season. He looked great in pre season a couple of years back and got rave reviews from Forest in the first half of last season but appeared to fall out of favour when they changed manager. That's usually not a good sign but he gets the benefit of the doubt for me for the time being.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I hope he gets a chance in pre season. He looked great in pre season a couple of years back and got rave reviews from Forest in the first half of last season but appeared to fall out of favour when they changed manager. That's usually not a good sign but he gets the benefit of the doubt for me for the time being.

Warburton has a patchy record in management but he can get the best out of young players, not surprised Dowell done well under him.

• Subscriber

IMG_20180714_161321.thumb.jpg.49dea8abc8a40568b60b7117e9587f03.jpg

Our line-up for our first friendly of the summer. Pretty much full strength minus the World Cup players. Klaassen and Calvert-Lewin the most notable absentees though I don't know whether either of them are carrying knocks.

I've never heard of our opponents Irdning which is saying something given my weird obsession with obscure leagues on Football Manager so this could be fun for them. Baines has already scored after 5 minutes.