talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Discussion

football forum

I thought it was red. Jota could have been out for the season there. People need to realise rightly or wrongly things have changed in the game. That's no longer considered a 'fair/safe' challenge.

Anyway, don't think Everton will be fussed. That's Mina in the team Saturday. Upgrade.

Edited by Lucas

2 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Agreed it is, but in my opinion this is a red.

2f0f881.jpg

I don't know, that picture does make it look dangerous in that it could break an ankle if he's standing flat footed so if that's the case then fair play it's a red. This isn't much of an issue, but for me the biggest problem I have with the sport is the way fouls are called these days. You get fouls for contact rather than obstruction. Your hand could brush someone's arm when running next to them and they will dive and be awarded for the contact, even though there is no way in a million years that caused a foul.

I like the quality of football from abroad and how it's improved the Premier League, and I like the improved quality of tackling that has followed it. But I hate the blatant diving that is awarded simply for contact being made in a contact sport. It just creates a safe space for grown men to hit the floor and roll as if someone killed their children, it's not the same level but I've been elbowed in the face by someone twice my size in Saturday league and funnily enough it didn't stop my legs from working. Footballers nowadays get the tiniest of touches and go down, I don't like seeing players get injured but whenever someone takes diving to an extreme I pray to the gods that created Roy Keane that his spirit will take control of someone's body and they get absolutely slaughtered in the tackle.

It was great when Neymar got put out of the world cup in Brazil, karma coming back full swing. Just needs to happen to a lot more players.

But back on topic....I agree, red card xD

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I can accept the red and I don't really care whether it's 1 game or 3 because Jagielka is effectively our fifth choice centre back now, but I don't think anyone can deny that it was an honest attempt to get the ball that ended up with an unfortunate collision. That shouldn't be a three match ban when you get players who deliberately cheat be handling the ball off the line or rugby tackling a player through on goal who just get a one game ban.

For me, yes the tackle has ended up with studs in an opponent's ankle, but almost any slide tackle with a certain amount of misfortune can end up that way. Punishments should be doled out based on the intention of the player or how clumsy and dangerous their tackle was (e.g. you may go in two footed with no intention of harming someone but it's obviously not safe), rather than how the follow through contact happens to be.

Beyond that, I found it laughable how many people accused him of excessive force or going over the ball. It's frightening how many 'experts' can watch that number of replays which all show that at no point during the challenge, was Jagielka's boot above the top of the ball or even close to it. For me it was a technically very good tackle under the circumstances. Both players are unlucky to have collided that way at the end of it.

It comes back to the rules for me. The game has changed and the rules need to change with it. They need to find a way to allow the rules to be open to interpretation but also be consistent in their application. A very easy solution would be for an independent panel to meet after a weekend and decide whether a player should get a 1 match ban or 3 match ban, or whether the red card should be downgraded to a yellow card. One current referee, one former referee, one former player and one FA official or something. Probably far too sensible for football though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Michael Keane is out for 3-4 weeks at least with a small skull fracture. 

I've been his harshest critic in the past year or so but he deserves credit for the start to the season. He's stepped up into the role of senior centre half since Jagielka was dismissed against Wolves and replaced by Holgate. He's been sticking his head in where it hurts left, right and centre, setting up our first goal against Wolves, scoring yesterday and putting his body on the line late in the game.

It's too bad he can't do anything about his pace. As long as we try and play a high line with Keane in defence, it will be a weakness for us, so it's hard to see a Marco Silva side which has Keane as a long term starter, but I've been impressed with him so far this season nonetheless.

Hope he recovers soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Weirdos

51 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Funny breed them lot mate 

Go find yourselves a Norwegian translator and the joke will make more sense to you.

Everton fans have mostly given up caring about Liverpool winning the league, I've grown up watching Liverpool win the league every pre-season so I'm pretty numb to it now.

I'm more worried about the football fans across the world who can't sleep at night because all they can think about is how much they wish it was their team who'd won an entire League Cup in the last 12 years. I've heard Liverpool-related jealousy has become one of the top three causes of male suicides in the UK this past year. Scary stuff.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Go find yourselves a Norwegian translator and the joke will make more sense to you.

Everton fans have mostly given up caring about Liverpool winning the league, I've grown up watching Liverpool win the league every pre-season so I'm pretty numb to it now.

I'm more worried about the football fans across the world who can't sleep at night because all they can think about is how much they wish it was their team who'd won an entire League Cup in the last 12 years. I've heard Liverpool-related jealousy has become one of the top three causes of male suicides in the UK this past year. Scary stuff.

giphy.gif?w=392

7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Personally I'm just amazed that my comments last night have caused rattlement through the night and into the morning. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is the longest rustled set of jimmies we've had since launch. 

Good job I don't know what you're talking about innit cos I'd be proper 'rattled' wouldn't I 

44 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Literally nobody has mentioned us winning the league yet you go into a massive flap trying to convince everyone that you're not bothered about us winning the league :rofl:

Chill my friend, City will win it at a canter. 

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Literally nobody has mentioned us winning the league yet you go into a massive flap trying to convince everyone that you're not bothered about us winning the league :rofl:

Chill my friend, City will win it at a canter. 

You think that's a massive flap? Must not have seen the Champions League final this year then.

Did you just call one of the few Scousers on here a Norwegian, playing into that LFC Norwegian glory hunter crap? Because he’s Scouse.

In fact of the 3(?) people originally from Merseyside on here... do any support the so called “people’s club?” Because by my count we all support Liverpool.

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Did you just call one of the few Scousers on here a Norwegian, playing into that LFC Norwegian glory hunter crap? Because he’s Scouse.

In fact of the 3(?) people originally from Merseyside on here... do any support the so called “people’s club?” Because by my count we all support Liverpool.

Called a joke mate. Just funny how many people on here (Not just Liverpool fans) can recognise one when they write one about another team then get all defensive if anyone else writes one about them.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Called a joke mate. Just funny how many people on here (Not just Liverpool fans) can recognise one when they write one about another team then get all defensive if anyone else writes one about them.

That tweet & your post don’t seem like jokes at all. Ones a tweet about wanting to lose to City, ones about how you don’t give a fuck about if we win the league.

Usually jokes have this element of a thing called humour

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That tweet & your post don’t seem like jokes at all. Ones a tweet about wanting to lose to City, ones about how you don’t give a fuck about if we win the league.

Usually jokes have this element of a thing called humour

I didn't realise I sent that tweet? To be honest it's a bit sad that @LFCMike is spending his Saturday nights looking up what Everton fans are posting on Twitter, and a bit weird that if he had something to say in response he didn't reply to the guy on Twitter rather than come on here in a bad attempt to wind up me and @Cannabis who are now the ones at some sort of fault because we said something back? Get a grip lads honestly, thought much higher of you three than this.

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I didn't realise I sent that tweet? To be honest it's a bit sad that @LFCMike is spending his Saturday nights looking up what Everton fans are posting on Twitter, and a bit weird that if he had something to say in response he didn't reply to the guy on Twitter rather than come on here in a bad attempt to wind up me and @Cannabis who are now the ones at some sort of fault because we said something back? Get a grip lads honestly, thought much higher of you three than this.

I don’t think taking this piss out of Everton generally is the same as saying you or @Cannabis are at fault for the tweet that we’re taking the piss out of.

Lots of shit is said about our fans on here and some people say “well not you lot on here” and I think all of us know our posts well enough to know I don’t think you’re typical blueshite bellends.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t think taking this piss out of Everton generally is the same as saying you or @Cannabis are at fault for the tweet that we’re taking the piss out of.

Lots of shit is said about our fans on here and some people say “well not you lot on here” and I think all of us know our posts well enough to know I don’t think you’re typical blueshite bellends.

Just for future reference, I think you’re a massive bellend X

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Wasn't Saturday night, was Sunday morning^_^

Thought it would be interesting to see others thoughts on it. As you launched a defence of sorts I'll take that as you'll be wanting to get beat by City next week then:whistling: