talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber

My father walked out on us in 1972 so me and my youngest brother changed our names to my mother's side by deed poll through a solicitor and we have been using that name ever since, I never got on with my father anyway but Pickford's circumstances might have been completely different to me and personal to him.

The ex-United Dutch footballer Memphis Depay does not like using the name Depay but preferred being called Memphis, his father left home when he was 4-years old. 

football forum
5 hours ago, Tommy said:

I have a question, my friends. Why was Pickford's birth name Logan, or well, why did he change it to Pickford? Anyone knows this?

Would you want everyone knowing that you were really Wolverine?

football forum

Just Google'd it and it appears that his Mum re-married after having Jordan with another bloke so that explains why his name is different. 

Logan appears to be his mother's maiden name so he more than likely changed his name when she got married. Like @RandoEFC says, it's really common in the UK, a few kids in my class changed names over the years that I was there. 

• Subscriber

Yannick Bolasie: Everton winger cancels Aston Villa loan

Yannick Bolasie has returned to Everton after the winger chose to cut short his loan at Aston Villa.

The 29-year-old started only nine games for Villa after moving on loan from Goodison Park last summer.

The former Crystal Palace winger scored twice and his last appearance was Saturday's 2-2 draw with Hull.

"Yannick Bolasie is returning to Everton after the player exercised an option to return to his parent club," said a Villa statement.

"The club would like to thank Yannick for his contribution to Aston Villa during his loan spell and wish him all the best in his future career.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46950239

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Skilful but lazy and we were paying 70k a week. It speaks volumes that we’re all like “meh”

And why I'm all like oh fuck off. Honestly fuming with this, last thing we need is to be taking that 70k a week back onto our wage bill, a disgusting amount of which is already designated to former managers and players, current loaned out players and general dead wood.

A lot of people sympathise with him because they reckon the ACL injury fucked him up but to be honest he was bang average but just a bit faster before he was injured. Admittedly he had only just joined so gets some leeway for settling in time, but we really overpaid for him. Signing a streaky late 20s winger with no resale value on 100k a week is absolute vintage Koeman/Walsh era Everton and those two names will continue to haunt us for months and years to come.

Honestly. How fucking Jim Broadbent do you have to be to let Deulofeu leave, buy Bolasie who was basically an older version of the exact same player for twice the fee, and hand Kevin Mirallas a five year contract extension. Scandalous.

On 21/01/2019 at 22:19, RandoEFC said:

And why I'm all like oh fuck off. Honestly fuming with this, last thing we need is to be taking that 70k a week back onto our wage bill, a disgusting amount of which is already designated to former managers and players, current loaned out players and general dead wood.

A lot of people sympathise with him because they reckon the ACL injury fucked him up but to be honest he was bang average but just a bit faster before he was injured. Admittedly he had only just joined so gets some leeway for settling in time, but we really overpaid for him. Signing a streaky late 20s winger with no resale value on 100k a week is absolute vintage Koeman/Walsh era Everton and those two names will continue to haunt us for months and years to come.

Honestly. How fucking Jim Broadbent do you have to be to let Deulofeu leave, buy Bolasie who was basically an older version of the exact same player for twice the fee, and hand Kevin Mirallas a five year contract extension. Scandalous.

Seen some of the figures going around yesterday or the day before. That Sandro is on £120,000 per week apparently. As is Schneiderlin. Going to be difficult to get rid of those players when they're on contracts like that

40 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Seen some of the figures going around yesterday or the day before. That Sandro is on £120,000 per week apparently. As is Schneiderlin. Going to be difficult to get rid of those players when they're on contracts like that

Tbf Sandro and Schneiderlin were quality players who just for some reason didn't really work at Everton.

• Subscriber
57 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Tbf Sandro and Schneiderlin were quality players who just for some reason didn't really work at Everton.

46 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Has Sandro ever done anything outside of that season at Malaga to suggest he's a quality player? 

No, Sandro had that one good season and was a no brainer signing at the time as he'd just had a double figures scoring season in Spain and was available on a £6m release clause. Apart from that season though he was rubbish for us every time he played, wanted to go back to Spain. Take out the 16 goal Malaga season and in his other 3 seasons or part seasons even in La Liga he has scored 0 goals and made 2 assists in 33 appearances (Not all starts).

Schneiderlin was good for Southampton but for us he had one good half season then bang average. United fans report the exact same about his time at Old Trafford. Perhaps Southampton was his spiritual home or perhaps he's just one of those players who can't stay motivated after he's already earned the big move to United or the 120k contract at Everton.

On 24/12/2018 at 01:19, UNORTHODOX said:

Marco Silva surely has to be one of the most overrated managers out there, He seems to get a lot of plaudits but i fail to see why. He's done quite an average job at the 3 clubs he's managed since he came to England. Not trying to upset any of the evertonians on here i just dont see what makes him this visionary thats going to take them to the next level.

On 24/12/2018 at 07:37, The Artful Dodger said:

You don't know what you're talking about it you think he did an 'average job' at Hull. Stick to things you actually know about, if that's anything. 

Do you stand by this statement? xD

Im baffled when people say he did a good job at Hull, he had a good couple of months with them were they got a few shock results against the likes of Liverpool and then it all went down hill from there. Kinda like Carlos Carvalhal with Swansea last season.

Edited by UNORTHODOX

6 hours ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Do you stand by this statement? xD

Im baffled when people say he did a good job at Hull, he had a good couple of months with them were they got a few shock results against the likes of Liverpool and then it all went down hill from there. Kinda like Carlos Carvalhal with Swansea last season.

Of course I do. Why would anything change about his time at Hull City?

I actually saw the football matches, the improvements he made were immeasurable. I'm betting you saw no Hull City matches in full, including the Liverpool one.  Whatever else he goes onto to do in his career won't effect my view of his time with us. 

Edited by The Artful Dodger
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Pienaar actually works for the club so fair play to him for speaking out.

Saw some blokes post on reddit which nicely sums up my feelings too and I like to think most of our sensible fans:

I'm 31. I've supported this team my whole life during which the majority of the time we barely had two pennies to rub together. Yet we always managed to field teams that cared, played for the shirt and each other. Even when we lost it was obvious the players had left everything out there and I was proud to say I was an Everton fan. I think most people on here would argue the current squad of players are technically better than the likes of Carsley, Gravesen, Hibbert, Ferguson, Cahill, Weir, Stubbs, Osman and Nevilles of yesteryear, but following those teams with their heart and commitment was a pleasure because it felt like everyone was working together. Everyone cared about advancing the club forward and we started playing some amazing football, without losing what we always had... hard work and commitment.

I cannot remember the last time an Everton team walked off the pitch and it felt from the sidelines that the group of players got what the club is about. It seems over the last few years we've just thrown money at problems and hoped somehow, sometime it'll all come together and these on paper good players would turn into reality on the pitch. Things just seem so lazy now. The amount of money we have wasted on mediocre and often unproven players over the last few years is obscene and personally as a fan has taken my enjoyment away from following this club. Where's the smart scouting gone? Why can't we find bargain buys like Arteta, Jags, Baines, Coleman, Lescott, Stones, Pienaar, Cahill anymore?

Anyone in the league probably aside from City and Liverpool can go to Millwall and lose. The pitch was awful, the weather terrible and the ref questionable. It's a difficult place to go... 5-10 years ago we may well have lost today too, but those players would have tried. They would have matched Millwall for effort and I would still be proud of the team and looking forward to giving Huddersfield a good go midweek. Now... now I watch a bunch of individuals hoof the ball around for a bit, pass the buck constantly and fail to show the hunger and desire that this great club deserves and wonder how the hell did that happen...

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Stan said:

I must admit I didn't realise it is this bad at Everton until a compilation is put together like this O.oo.O

Just saw this on reddit and came to post on here, beaten by a narrow 9 hour margin.

I had to lol at this though.

• 3 weeks later...
football forum

Yeah, saw that. The people that run our social media are so oblivious to how shite we are. I've really enjoyed the last week or so, it's been bliss.