talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Discussion

football forum

Definitely cause for hope this season. Maybe the Zaha thing wasn't such a bad thing, I just think anything Arsenal produce is bound to be bollocks so I'm very doubtful on Iwobi. I'd like to be proven wrong. I rate silva though so think it'll be a better season than last, I really hope he takes the league Cup seriously and goes all out. Also, just best Liverpool once. It's been fucking 10 years. 

9 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Definitely cause for hope this season. Maybe the Zaha thing wasn't such a bad thing, I just think anything Arsenal produce is bound to be bollocks so I'm very doubtful on Iwobi. I'd like to be proven wrong. I rate silva though so think it'll be a better season than last, I really hope he takes the league Cup seriously and goes all out. Also, just best Liverpool once. It's been fucking 10 years. 

I think its definitely possible this year....

If only Origi turns up :ph34r:

• Subscriber

I've never seen the issue with all this plastic flag stuff. They're flags. There's a group called The Originals trying to do something about the atmosphere at Goodison and if this gets a small slice of the crowd more engaged and enthusiastic fair enough. They seem to be getting a lot of stick for it, if you don't want to wave a flag because you feel like a kid doing it then don't wave one.

Yer da just wants to sit with a piping hot brew and scream TERN at 21 year old academy products and hurl dogs abuse at them when they don't score a hat trick from left back every other game.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I've never seen the issue with all this plastic flag stuff. They're flags. There's a group called The Originals trying to do something about the atmosphere at Goodison and if this gets a small slice of the crowd more engaged and enthusiastic fair enough. They seem to be getting a lot of stick for it, if you don't want to wave a flag because you feel like a kid doing it then don't wave one.

Yer da just wants to sit with a piping hot brew and scream TERN at 21 year old academy products and hurl dogs abuse at them when they don't score a hat trick from left back every other game.

It just feels a bit forced. If people want to get involved let them do it off their own backs

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

It just feels a bit forced. If people want to get involved let them do it off their own backs

They can wave flags if they want to, they can ignore the flags and get involved off their own backs if they want to, or they can sit and enjoy the game and not get overly involved at all. The net result of the flags is that some people will enjoy it so it should lead to a better atmosphere even if only a little.

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Bit weird if they were all different colours though isn't it when the club colours are blue and white.

Obviously they'll be the colours of the club but the exact same flag on every seat looks proper shite. I suppose no one else in England knows how to do it like Liverpool:whistling:

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Obviously they'll be the colours of the club but the exact same flag on every seat looks proper shite. I suppose no one else in England knows how to do it like Liverpool:whistling:

You are not alone in your opinion. This group of fans called The Originals though, are just that, a group of fans, this isn't a team employed full time by the club to try and get the place rocking. Nobody can expect them to make the mixture of flags. This is a good gesture and effort from them. If nothing else it says, look what a small handful of us have been arsed to do to support the club, please join in.

End of the day, it is the team that will get the place rocking and has failed to do so consistently since Martinez' first season.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

The Originals being unoriginalxD

A fan running onto the pitch and injuring your backup goalkeeper when your first choice goalkeeper is already injured is a pretty original way to support your team, so yeah I guess we have some catching up to do in that regard. Maybe one day we'll even reach the heights of thousands of grown men cheering on a fat guy masturbating on a fountain in time too.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Bit unrealistic that mate

Now who's original.

This smells of an LFCMike on the ale conversation to me, I thought I'd give you a bit of a bite as a courtesy but that's about all I've got in the tank.

I will however draw @LFCMadLad's attention to this exchange as you'll probably get a couple of rep points for dessert, to show what an upstanding forum member I am.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Now who's original.

This smells of an LFCMike on the ale conversation to me, I thought I'd give you a bit of a bite as a courtesy but that's about all I've got in the tank.

I will however draw @LFCMadLad's attention to this exchange as you'll probably get a couple of rep points for dessert, to show what an upstanding forum member I am.

Nothing better to do when at a family do. What better way to pass the time than wind up Evertonians?

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Obviously when he's there a while he can sort a defence out. He was synonymous with goals going in everywhere with us and Watford. Even though our record was massively skewed by the last 2 games when we were effectively down. 

He has clearly instilled some confidence into Keane and Mina after both had a less than straightforward start at the club.

It was always going to take some time to adapt. The first half of last season looked like groundhog day at times with us conceding the same goals repeatedly.

My belief wavered at times but it was always going to take some time for the team to transition from Allardyce's route one clearances and traditional man marking into using the back four to keep possession and move on the pitch while starting with zonal marking at set pieces as well.

Still work to be done. Palace had two great chances last week which Pickford had to save, and Watford had one today as well. Keane and Mina have made a good start together but you can't coach pace and we're likely to be exploited when we come up against the Rashfords and Salahs of the league if we don't adapt our tactics to sit deeper. This is where we lose out by not having Zouma or another similar player as another option.

• Administrator
On 17/08/2019 at 00:46, LFCMike said:

Obviously they'll be the colours of the club but the exact same flag on every seat looks proper shite. I suppose no one else in England knows how to do it like Leicester:whistling:

I agree mate :ph34r:

cu94bntwuaatus1.jpg?w=960

1617-arsenal-home-b.jpg?w=584

94596e43edb8e8d931437e68a920f6bf.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoSzAipXlgxSjG_1j4hGg

np112.jpg