talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber

Barely a fortnight of contact training and four first team players are out injured.

Our lineup for the next game currently looks something like this:

Pickford

Coleman

Keane

Holgate

Digne

Iwobi

Schneiderlin

Delph

Bernard

Richarlison

Calvert-Lewin 

Fit players left to go on the nine man bench: Stekelenburg, Sidibe, Baines, Davies, Sigurdsson, Kean.

Amazing. Still got over a week for more injuries too.

On 10/06/2020 at 07:04, RandoEFC said:

Barely a fortnight of contact training and four first team players are out injured.

Our lineup for the next game currently looks something like this:

Pickford

Coleman

Keane

Holgate

Digne

Iwobi

Schneiderlin

Delph

Bernard

Richarlison

Calvert-Lewin 

Fit players left to go on the nine man bench: Stekelenburg, Sidibe, Baines, Davies, Sigurdsson, Kean.

Amazing. Still got over a week for more injuries too.

That doesn’t look so bad until you get to the central midfield

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That doesn’t look so bad until you get to the central midfield

Did you see Keane trying to mark Origi in the other derby this season?

Apparently now Delph is a doubt but Gomes might be fit. If neither of them make it its Davies and Sigurdsson so guess I'll just die.

On 11/06/2020 at 15:30, RandoEFC said:

Did you see Keane trying to mark Origi in the other derby this season?

Apparently now Delph is a doubt but Gomes might be fit. If neither of them make it its Davies and Sigurdsson so guess I'll just die.

Oh yeah, but I think Keane is total crap all of the time tbh - so I guess I revise my statement, it’s not so bad until Keane & the central midfield.

Keane is why I think clubs shouldn’t sign defenders from Burnley tbh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 18/07/2020 at 05:08, The Artful Dodger said:

Seriously worried about Everton. Ancelotti has proven rather unimaginative in how he sets his team up. Pickford must go, sigurrdson must go and Calvert Lewin is appalling.

One plus Ancelotti has over Silva is he’s managed to shift tactics around and win Everton points with this pretty poorly assembled Everton side. That midfield is shit, you improve that over the summer and you’ve got a much better midfield.

I don’t know how much can really be expected of Ancelotti to transform this side without making any changes to the squad. There’s too much deadwood and not enough leadership in the side. It makes them dull and mentally weak when the going gets tough (which is why they were in the relegation places before Ancelotti came in).

He needs at least 2 windows before we can judge him as a blueshite fully imo. Hard to make changes to a squad when it’s that imbalanced of a side without actually changing players around.

• Subscriber

I'd get into our midfield right now. We have a lot of problems but Ancelotti isn't one of them. 442 is shite, 352 is shite, I'd like to see us play a 433 but it would still be shite with some of our players. Ancelotti has happily said in public that many of our players are playing for their futures at the club now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I have all the time in the world for this lad's attitude ever since his major injury. We need to get shot of him because he isn't the player he was and he's on inflated wages but 10/10 for the commitment he's shown towards getting back near the team. Desperate to see him gone but I think he'll leave with all the well wishes in the world from our fans. At least he should.

• 3 weeks later...

Beware Everton fans, you will start to see a lot of criticism from the London/manc press if you do finally fulfil  your potential. England could barely contain its hatred of Liverpool as a city last year, if Everton are good it will reach epic proportions. 

Really hope you do though, winding up England supporting Sun readers is always for the good of the world. 

Ideally I’d have a European league formed of 

Liverpool 

everton 

manchester united

Celtic 

bilbao 

livorno

st Pauli 

real vallecano

standard Liège 

The no tories welcome league.

Edited by The Artful Dodger

Tory is not just defined by people who vote for or sympathetic to the Conservative Party, I also include;

People who want England to do well in any sport at all.

Anyone who wears chinos

Nearly everyone from the south of England, apart from inner city London, Bristol etc. But even they need to be tested for Tory tendencies.

People who go on gap years.

Men who don’t drink Guinness.

Anyone who wears a hat inside

anyone who owns a horse

There are more but I’m even boring myself now.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Beware Everton fans, you will start to see a lot of criticism from the London/manc press if you do finally fulfil  your potential. England could barely contain its hatred of Liverpool as a city last year, if Everton are good it will reach epic proportions. 

Really hope you do though, winding up England supporting Sun readers is always for the good of the world. 

Ideally I’d have a European league formed of 

Liverpool 

everton 

manchester united

Celtic 

bilbao 

livorno

st Pauli 

real vallecano

standard Liège 

The no tories welcome league.

manchester-united-fans-taunt-the-liverpo

:what:

10 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Some of their fans are applying. But I’d point to Liverpool fans supporting Suarez racially abusing Evera..

Manchester is a left wing city and a good people. 

I know I'm fully aware that there's plenty of decent proper Mancs. Sometimes 'banter' at football matches sinks to embarrassing levels