talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
50 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

His head is massive. He won't stop. To hell with it I'm going to gaslight him, it's probably a defence mechanism because of his true reputation.

I actually think he knows his limitations by now but he's an expert at using the media and their sympathetic reporting on British managers to create this myth around him that he might actually be halfway competent and that he's only failed to hit the heights because of these unlucky things that the world keeps inflicting upon him.

On 19/02/2021 at 10:27, RandoEFC said:

I actually think he knows his limitations by now but he's an expert at using the media and their sympathetic reporting on British managers to create this myth around him that he might actually be halfway competent and that he's only failed to hit the heights because of these unlucky things that the world keeps inflicting upon him.

I think he would have been a decent England manager tbh. His tactics aren't the most appealing to watch, but tbh I don't think many international sides are that great to watch and it seems by being well organized, good at hitting other sides on the break, and being decent at set pieces can take you pretty far in international football. That's sort of his specialty.

Not that Southgate's done bad, though. Turned out better than I expected, at least, even if I don't really like the fucker very much.

I'd never want to put him in charge of a club with serious money to spend and with serious expectation to perform, not just with results, but also in terms of being appealing to watch - because look how he did at Everton and Newcastle. Might have saved you from a tough time... but it was grim to watch and basically every Evertonian I knew wanted to gouge their eyes out in the middle of matches.

• 2 weeks later...

Just heard what happened to Olsen and his family. Some pricks with machetes robbed them. Think last month Ancelloti got robbed as well. Seem to mainly hear this with Liverpool/Everton personnel. Hopefully these idiots get caught.

10 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Just heard what happened to Olsen and his family. Some pricks with machetes robbed them. Think last month Ancelloti got robbed as well. Seem to mainly hear this with Liverpool/Everton personnel. Hopefully these idiots get caught.

Happened to Ashley Cole in Surrey while he was away on England duty, Lampard's house got hit while he and his girlfriend were asleep sometime before 2010 & I think Ian Wright's house was broken into and an FA Cup winners medal was stolen as well.

It happens in Italy and Spain too, I think a ton of Madrid based players got all by the same gang not too long ago. I think Ancelotti got robbed fairly recently as the Napoli manager while they were playing in the CL against us.

Unfortunately, football players (and managers) are popular marks for burglars because they've got a lot of wealth. So even though most (if not all) of these guys live in fairly safe neighborhoods, careful thieves that do their planning are going to know when these players are away from their homes. The scariest ones are the ones like Lampard, where someone breaks into the house while they're there. 

Was that what happened with Olsson? Because having machete wielding dickheads robbing me at home would probably be traumatic. Feel for the fella there.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Happened to Ashley Cole in Surrey while he was away on England duty, Lampard's house got hit while he and his girlfriend were asleep sometime before 2010 & I think Ian Wright's house was broken into and an FA Cup winners medal was stolen as well.

It happens in Italy and Spain too, I think a ton of Madrid based players got all by the same gang not too long ago. I think Ancelotti got robbed fairly recently as the Napoli manager while they were playing in the CL against us.

Unfortunately, football players (and managers) are popular marks for burglars because they've got a lot of wealth. So even though most (if not all) of these guys live in fairly safe neighborhoods, careful thieves that do their planning are going to know when these players are away from their homes. The scariest ones are the ones like Lampard, where someone breaks into the house while they're there. 

Was that what happened with Olsson? Because having machete wielding dickheads robbing me at home would probably be traumatic. Feel for the fella there.

Apparently Olsen was taken around the house by the thieves, with his wife and two young children in the house. 

The latter have moved out according to reports and it wouldn't surprise me if he moves to another club at the end of his loan as a result of this.

• Wow 1

• 2 weeks later...

I must admit, I was starting to wonder why we hadn't seen James Rodriguez for a while. Until today.

Now, it all makes perfect sense.

FB_IMG_1616614019770.thumb.jpg.5a3ce434bb597606773596e22c34e6a7.jpg

Ok, I know what you're thinking. Bullshit.

And I'd be inclined to agree, but this is pretty convincing pictorial evidence...

20210324_215415.thumb.jpg.1bfe295ea74a7623665baba1e8465a4e.jpg

10/10 for originality.

God bless the International Break boredom xD

Edited by Lucas
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

A shame for Josh King. Never even got a start which he probably felt entitled to given how poor we were in attack. At the same time, not enough in his substitute appearances to force the club's hand and give him another year. Got success at another club making us look silly written all over it.

14 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

A shame for Josh King. Never even got a start which he probably felt entitled to given how poor we were in attack. At the same time, not enough in his substitute appearances to force the club's hand and give him another year. Got success at another club making us look silly written all over it.

Palace fans already asking for Yannick Bolasie back xD I think he needs to continue the good work he's done with Neil Warnock at Middlesborough.

Not sure where Joshua King goes from here? Everybody knows what he's capable but it's been 2+ years he's underperformed. Type of goal-shy player Brighton will sign and wonder why they're 50 goals below their xG.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Certainly wouldn't be the end of the world if he left and if he's going to get sold might as well be to Real Madrid who will pay a lot for him.

While I think he gets a lot of unfair stick, he did have a pretty poor season, definitely his worst for the club. He's got some of the traits of a top class player and he's a match winner. He hasn't put it all together yet or even really got close but there's been signs that he could. Bottom line is I'm surprised if this is true though. I wouldn't have thought Ancelotti rated him that highly if he's going off his form in the time he was Everton manager, and it's also not exactly as if Ancelotti got the best out of him either. So I don't think this will happen.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Reported 120k off the wage bill, good.

A disgusting amount... I liked Bernard for us and wish him well. He had flashes of real promise, but for a benchwarmer... he never sat right with me. I hope Iwobi is the next one out. He's apparently earning more than that.

Edited by Robbie

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/08/2021 at 16:45, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'll be so annoyed if he stays and Rafa manages to turn him into something of a budget Aimar.

Well idk if that'll happen. Apparently he streams on twitch and someone asked about Everton and his response was pretty disrespectful to the club. As a Liverpool fan, I had a laugh about it at first... but I'd probably fucking hate him if he was playing with us.

Andy Lonergan has also joined Everton as a 3rd choice (or 4th?) keeper. A keeper with a CL medal to go along with their CL winning manager xD - but in all seriousness, I think while his overall quality may be a bit dodgy because his career record was never really one as a top keeper, he's a good backup keeper to have around the squad. By all accounts, he was popular and got along with pretty much everyone in the squad and I think that's important with backup players that aren't going to start more often than not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

It looks like a quiet deadline day for us. Rondon appears to be coming in as a backup for Calvert-Lewin in a move that would once have outraged our fanbase but is now accepted as can't be worse than Tosun/Kean/King who have been the main competition for the last 3 seasons.

Backup left back Niels Nkounkou has gone out to Standard Liege on loan leaving Fabian Delph and Ben Godfrey as our only cover for Lucas Digne. Not brilliant. We are also yet to sign a right back to compete with Coleman unless Arteta budges on Maitland-Niles. If we go into the season with Coleman and Kenny as our options (again) then that isn't great.

We also seem to want another wide player even though I think we're relatively well equipped in midfield and attack. With Gray, Townshend, Iwobi, Gordon and Richarlison I'm not too upset if we don't get another winger. The full back areas are the concern, as it stands we'll be relying on luck to keep us from injury problems in those areas.