talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Discussion

football forum

I don't need to read this thread because @Whiskey's opinions dominate my Facebook newsfeed around matchday.

I say fuck this current lot off and I'll get you Toffee bastards what you want. Pasty Merseysiders with Irish last names on the starting XI, the return of the £2 pie 'n pint combo (20p for a cuppa for the young fella), transfers inspired from relegation battling Championship sides, 3-1 draws against Liverpool that end with 'aye at least the dodgy cunce didn't put four on big Pickie', striker combos composed of a balding 5'7 man and a 6'4 unit with curly sideburns, no women in the stands because when you get home they'll have the sunday dinner ready for news at ten.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
54 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

Benitez gone apparently. Good job we didn't just sell James Rodriguez and Lucas Digne for him, or sack the Director of Football, medical team and scouting team for him either.

God I fucking loathe Everton.

I'm guessing Digne really wanted to go and forced the move through (on top of being alienated anyway). Digne wasn't to know Benitez would go just a few days later. 

I hope Duncan Ferguson gets an opportunity until the end of the season. I was impressed with how he galvanised the squad after Marco Silva's sacking. Expectations have never been lower so it seems like the best opportunity to give somebody that genuinely loves the club an opportunity. Fans would be just behind him as they are with Anthony Gordon.

As Paul Heckingbottom has shown at Sheffield United after replacing Slavisa Jokanovic. Sometimes to fix something that looks complex you need somebody from the inside that's worked with the players long enough to know how to get the most out of them.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I hope Duncan Ferguson gets an opportunity until the end of the season. I was impressed with how he galvanised the squad after Marco Silva's sacking. Expectations have never been lower so it seems like the best opportunity to give somebody that genuinely loves the club an opportunity. Fans would be just behind him as they are with Anthony Gordon.

As Paul Heckingbottom has shown at Sheffield United after replacing Slavisa Jokanovic. Sometimes to fix something that looks complex you need somebody from the inside that's worked with the players long enough to know how to get the most out of them.

I'd take Ferguson until the end of the season. But last time he was in charge we ran a pretty rigid 4-4-2 with not much in the way of tactics and just a lot of blood and thunder. You need more than that in the long run even if he did fairly well.

I might be going insane but I'm coming round to the idea that Wayne Rooney should be considered. I know at first it sounds very "jobs for the boys" and a lazy shout but it's not like there are many options out there. He also ticks a few boxes, young and hungry manager with a bit of momentum, you know it's not just another job for him, and he'd probably have more authority than any of our recent managers beside Ancelotti to bomb the problem players out of the club, the sort of authority that Benitez has been given, which is long overdue and might have been helpful had his own judgement not been so disastrous. That gammon Mike Parry posted this shout on Twitter a couple of weeks ago and I laughed at him for about a week but I've come around on it a bit.

19 minutes ago, Dan said:

Moshiri gets nowhere near the shit he should. Has he got mates in the media or something? I don't see how he's any better than GSB.

Mainly Jim White who he seems to text on Talksport as his main method of communicating with the fans which is appalling in itself. That isn't why he gets away with minimal criticism though. It's just because the media largely don't give enough of a shit to do any reasonable analysis of the non-Super League Six clubs. They'd have to commit 2-3 entire minutes to talk about us in that detail and they aren't interested. To be fair, most of the Sky Sports pundits have started calling it pretty well, especially Neville and Carragher (as usual) but you don't get an in depth analysis, it doesn't make the headlines on their website and you probably don't see it if you don't sit through the post game stuff which you probably wouldn't unless you were a fan of one of the teams involved in the game.

• Subscriber

You're such a hard problem to fix. I just think you need a manager who is capable of getting the club to pull in the same kind of direction again. I think a humble kind of appointment like a Ferguson or a Rooney would do it to some degree. There was definitely a little bit of a buzz about you when Ferguson was there before.

Benitez was a totally stupid appointment. You can't even say there's anything close to the organisation you would hope for under him. It's just a mess. It was always going to get like this though I feel.

Saw your run of form earlier. Find it peculiar how many of your points have come against the bigger sides - but the record against 'the rest' is absolutely criminal. It's why I'm annoyed we got Tuesday called off, even with a couple of youth players in the side I'd have fancied us.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Step 1: sell star LB

Step 2: sack manager that made you sell star LB

Step 3: ?????

Step 4: profit

Moshiri must be a Liverpool fan, because the way he’s running this club is hilarious

The steps are all wrong because there is no profit just more ???

• Subscriber

They bought another left back anyway, I doubt it's for profit.

Dodger's had a drink again by the looks of it. Reckon he's a couple of prods away from another meltdown if anyone else fancies it.

2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Everton football club getting taken the piss out of by Leicester ffs. Don't let this happen.

Let’s be real: Everton’s fall from grace has fuck all to do with Leicester & happened well before Moshiri was ever involved in buying the club.

Kenwright did a fantastic job lowering expectations and getting one of the big clubs in the country alright with falling behind.

But Moshiri definitely has no clue what he’s doing. The decision to sack Brands now looks even more mental. They’ve spent money but they’ve obviously got no short term plan or long term plan.

They’ve got a few decent players, but I think it’s a mess of a squad. I don’t think any manager clears up the mess in 4-5 months. They need a long term plan, which probably means hiring a DOF and actually listening to him.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Let’s be real: Everton’s fall from grace has fuck all to do with Leicester & happened well before Moshiri was ever involved in buying the club.

Don't let facts get in the way of a strong agenda! 

Giving it to Ferguson on an interim basis would be dangerous I think. It's fine having him as caretaker while they're looking for a new manager but if he does just 'alright' as interim manager until the end of the season there will be calls for him to get it full time. And there's no way he's a long term solution. 

Who am I to say though? Maybe they'll all be happier with the dogs of war type stuff and a manager that wears a sweatband with a suit.

• Subscriber

Kenwright was and is horrid and is culpable for the Moshiri mess because he turned down several other opportunities to pass the club on to someone with some money because he was "waiting for the right one" and has chosen surely the worst person possible which just about says it all about his judgement.

It's no defence of Kenwright but at least when he was fully in charge, the decline was manageable and could be rationalised by a lack of money. The club more or less fit the bill of a sleeping giant because if we'd got the same out of the resources we had when Moshiri took over as we did when we were cash-strapped, we would be sound. Of course this goes back to Kenwright's time as well but at least the lack of money he had was a mitigating factor. Moshiri has no such excuse and the damage he's inflicting upon the club is all just awful judgement. He has taken this club further bavkward in 5 years than Kenwright did in 25 years.

They're both shite though. I genuinely think if they both fucked off and you got a couple of the halfway sensible lads off Everton Twitter to run the club we'd be in a much healthier position.

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Giving it to Ferguson on an interim basis would be dangerous I think. It's fine having him as caretaker while they're looking for a new manager but if he does just 'alright' as interim manager until the end of the season there will be calls for him to get it full time. And there's no way he's a long term solution. 

Who am I to say though? Maybe they'll all be happier with the dogs of war type stuff and a manager that wears a sweatband with a suit.

Ferguson will obviously take over for the next game or two. But who's even out there at the moment? Nuno would be another just awful appointment. Ferguson has a shelf life, should galvanise the squad enough to get us through the medium term but we'll see enough cracks to know it won't work forever. I think you can give it to him for a while, and then when a half-decent option materialises (no idea who) we can thank him and ask him to step aside again.

Not that I have any faith in any of the people in power to be able to execute anything resembling a plan here. There's no point in even speculating what they'll come up with next so it's time to wait and see, hang on for dear life and hope we're still a Premier League team in six month's time.

43 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

Ferguson will obviously take over for the next game or two. But who's even out there at the moment? Nuno would be another just awful appointment. Ferguson has a shelf life, should galvanise the squad enough to get us through the medium term but we'll see enough cracks to know it won't work forever. I think you can give it to him for a while, and then when a half-decent option materialises (no idea who) we can thank him and ask him to step aside again.

Not that I have any faith in any of the people in power to be able to execute anything resembling a plan here. There's no point in even speculating what they'll come up with next so it's time to wait and see, hang on for dear life and hope we're still a Premier League team in six month's time.

I just don't think that would be the case though. The fanbase will make all sorts of cases for a legend who has done alright that they wouldn't make for any other manager and you'd probably end up giving him a three year contract or something.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I just don't think that would be the case though. The fanbase will make all sorts of cases for a legend who has done alright that they wouldn't make for any other manager and you'd probably end up giving him a three year contract or something.

There's no basis for that speculation though. It certainly isn't the feeling from what I can see on social media. Besides, if the fanbase had that sort of clout with the decision makers at the club, Benitez would never have been the Everton manager in the first place.

Kenwright is the threat when it comes to trying to put "Everton people" in long term charge of the club just because they're Everton people. He's probably making the case for Ferguson to be given the season right now. Like I said, I don't mind him getting the next couple of games and I'm not opposed to anything that sees us get to the end of the season in one piece, but I'd rather that involve Ferguson on a short term deal until the right replacement is available, than us giving a longer term deal now to someone like Nuno who won't take us anywhere either and will need paying off at some point next season when we sack him too.

I don't think it'll come to that anyway. Mumblings from the well-informed on social media are that the board are already trying to choose the replacement whilst finalising the severance package. If they can dig out someone half-decent then fine but I genuinely believe a Nuno-type appointment is just as risky and dangerous as someone unproven.

13 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

There's no basis for that speculation though. It certainly isn't the feeling from what I can see on social media. Besides, if the fanbase had that sort of clout with the decision makers at the club, Benitez would never have been the Everton manager in the first place.

Kenwright is the threat when it comes to trying to put "Everton people" in long term charge of the club just because they're Everton people. He's probably making the case for Ferguson to be given the season right now. Like I said, I don't mind him getting the next couple of games and I'm not opposed to anything that sees us get to the end of the season in one piece, but I'd rather that involve Ferguson on a short term deal until the right replacement is available, than us giving a longer term deal now to someone like Nuno who won't take us anywhere either and will need paying off at some point next season when we sack him too.

I don't think it'll come to that anyway. Mumblings from the well-informed on social media are that the board are already trying to choose the replacement whilst finalising the severance package. If they can dig out someone half-decent then fine but I genuinely believe a Nuno-type appointment is just as risky and dangerous as someone unproven.

I'm just speculating because of what we saw happen at the likes of Liverpool and Man Utd after an interim appointment. I'm sure there's other examples as well. Fair point about Moshiri though.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

I'm just speculating because of what we saw happen at the likes of Liverpool and Man Utd after an interim appointment. I'm sure there's other examples as well. Fair point about Moshiri though.

There are countless examples, Dalglish, Solskjaer, Shakespeare at Leicester. Our boardroom is absolutely impossible to predict though so who knows what will happen. 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 1