talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Discussion

football forum

I've made peace with the fact that we're going down, and nowhere fast. Might not be this season but it'll happen. 

Used to look at clubs like Portsmouth, Charlton and Blackburn thinking thank fuck we're not them - now we are. The new stadium will cripple us if we head to the Championship.

• Subscriber

Rumours Vitor Pereira has been offered the job. More reliable sources suggest Lampard will have a second interview this week and an initial interview for Rooney. It's Moshiri though so he could have sacked that off in the last half hour and offered the job to Pereira.

Pereira was linked back in 2013 when he'd just won the title with Porto. Since then he's bounced around minor Eastern European leagues with a bit of China and a bit of contributing to 1860 Munich's relegation and downfall. Great.

Sounds like another link through that super agent Kia Goorabchan or whatever he's called. I hadn't heard of him a week ago but he seems to have suddenly become a self-appointed Director of Football. He seems to have been a part of Benitez' appointment and he engineered the El Ghazi deal last week despite the manager saying no to the player three times. Yesterday he watched the game from the directors box. I've since learned that he was synonymous with QPR's meltdown under Tony Fernandes and was booted away from Arsenal after having too much influence there, pushing the David Luiz signing amongst other stuff. Bottom line, the bloke is a parasite on football clubs pushing any deals he can so that he can get his fee, taking advantage of football clubs and owners like Moshiri who are dumb and directionless enough to say yes to any deal that they can be conned into rather than thinking about whether it fits with the club's philosophy or plan. Not the sort of bloke you want anywhere near the directors box to say the least.

I fear that we are teetering on the brink of some real dark ages for the club here and Moshiri is about to do something really fucking stupid, one way or another. Final nails about to get hammered into the coffin. Hope I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, RondónEFC said:

Rumours Vitor Pereira has been offered the job. More reliable sources suggest Lampard will have a second interview this week and an initial interview for Rooney. It's Moshiri though so he could have sacked that off in the last half hour and offered the job to Pereira.

Pereira was linked back in 2013 when he'd just won the title with Porto. Since then he's bounced around minor Eastern European leagues with a bit of China and a bit of contributing to 1860 Munich's relegation and downfall. Great.

Sounds like another link through that super agent Kia Goorabchan or whatever he's called. I hadn't heard of him a week ago but he seems to have suddenly become a self-appointed Director of Football. He seems to have been a part of Benitez' appointment and he engineered the El Ghazi deal last week despite the manager saying no to the player three times. Yesterday he watched the game from the directors box. I've since learned that he was synonymous with QPR's meltdown under Tony Fernandes and was booted away from Arsenal after having too much influence there, pushing the David Luiz signing amongst other stuff. Bottom line, the bloke is a parasite on football clubs pushing any deals he can so that he can get his fee, taking advantage of football clubs and owners like Moshiri who are dumb and directionless enough to say yes to any deal that they can be conned into rather than thinking about whether it fits with the club's philosophy or plan. Not the sort of bloke you want anywhere near the directors box to say the least.

I fear that we are teetering on the brink of some real dark ages for the club here and Moshiri is about to do something really fucking stupid, one way or another. Final nails about to get hammered into the coffin. Hope I'm wrong.

Joorabchian was the fella involved in getting Tevez and Mascherano to West Ham wasn't he?

17 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Joorabchian was the fella involved in getting Tevez and Mascherano to West Ham wasn't he?

Yes. He got in with Corinthians in 2004 and then his company MSI expanded to other South American talent (Mascherano, Carlos Alberto etc). The expansion plan sounded similar to how Raiola has now taken a lot of Eredevise talent and Mendes with Portugal (the difference being Kia had it written in contracts hed have control over transfers whilst the others seem like more of a verbal agreement). It all went South with Corinthians though and they ended up getting relegated.

• Subscriber

We are so unbelievably fucked. Moshiri has learned absolutely nothing and I'm again left asking the question of how a man who has had as much success in the business world doesn't see a problem with interviewing a manager with that manager's actual fucking agent sat at his right hand.

A bunch of morons on Twitter have dug out enough information on this Kia character in the last 48 hours and everywhere his name appears, disaster follows. QPR, 1860 Munchen, Corinthians. Does this great business mind of ours do no due diligence? No research into the track record of the people he associates himself with?

Moshiri must be unbelievably well connected in his other business ventures because fuck me, I wouldn't trust him to hold my drink for me while I went for a piss for fear of ending up roofied.

Our club has been hijacked by an absolute lunatic. Kenwright is culpable for it too having turned down multiple offers to buy the club because he was "waiting for the right one for Everton". In other words, he was waiting for someone who would buy the club but let him stay on as chairman, and he managed to find the one guy in the world rich enough to buy a football club yet incompetent enough to make Bill look like a voice of reason in comparison.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

If anything sums up Everton's recruitment in recent years it's definitely Iwobi coming on for Nigeria's biggest goal threat Kalechi Iheanacho today and getting sent off four minutes later. Amazing that he still looks bad even at AFCON.

Iwobi was Moshiri's signing as well. Assume there was some super agent involvement. This was within 12 months of Marcel Brands being signed and the same summer his importance was raised by his appointment to the actual board. Brands didn't want Zaha or Iwobi but Moshiri wanted to make a big money statement signing and ended up with his second choice. Not long after, Moshiri overruled Brands, who wanted to give Silva a bit longer, to sack the manager, this after Moshiri was so enamoured with him that he got us in hot water legally for pursuing him as Watford manager. Brands also didn't want Ancelotti as the replacement because it flew completely in the face of what he'd been employed to do as Director of Football, Moshiri overruled him on that too. He is a maniac.

Owners like Moshiri very strongly reinforce my suspicion that, past a certain point, success in "business" is largely if not mostly down to random factors such as personal connections, timing and placement, rather than any kind of unusual competency. 

• Like 1

I saw a video doing the rounds this morning of Kenright talking to the fans outside after the game Saturday.

I'd love to know why people like Crooks and Keys feel sticking up for him is merited when nothing that was coming out his mouth would help appease the fanbase and only encourage frustration.

We know how toxic the place is right now. All fans want are some answers.

It was all ums and errs from someone put on the spot and extremely wishy washy with no real response. If anything, he looked like he was scared to say what he really wanted.

How do you defend someone like that when they have the power to change things? Odd.

Kenright has done some good things for the club, don't think any Evertonian would dispute that but he's also not exempt from criticism.

If this was Spurs or Coventry, they would change their tune I'm sure.

Edited by Lucas

46 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I saw a video doing the rounds this morning of Kenright talking to the fans outside after the game Saturday.

I'd love to know why people like Crooks and Keys feel sticking up for him is merited when nothing that was coming out his mouth would help appease the fanbase and only encourage frustration.

It was all ums and errs from someone put on the spot and extremely wishy washy with no real response. If anything, he looked like he was scared to say what he really wanted.

How do you defend someone like that when they have the power to change things? Odd.

Kenright has done some good things for the club, don't think any Evertonian would dispute that but he's also not exempt from criticism.

I'm not sure Kenwright does have any power. Moshiri owns about 95% now doesn't he?

17 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I'm not sure Kenwright does have any power. Moshiri owns about 95% now doesn't he?

I'm not sure on that but my point was intending to go down the road of Kenright being in a high enough position to speak out, whether it put himself on a dodgy wicket or not.

I can understand job protection why he would stay quiet but for me, if he loves the club so much, I think it would be more hurtful for him to stay silent as opposed to speaking out and if it cost him his role as chairman, then so be it.

Would you want to be a part of the current regime if you weren't happy with it anyway? I don't think he has a lot to lose from that aspect but in fairness, it may not be as black and white as I'm seeing it.

Edited by Lucas

• Subscriber

Kenwright is still the chairman but has very little sway in any decision making at the club.

The issue is that he turned down several other potential owners who were interested in buying the club but he kept putting it off. The line was "I know you're frustrated that there has been no investment in the club but I don't want to sell to just anyone, I want it to be the right owner for Everton Football Club". So essentially he let the club stagnate for several extra years and the payoff is the current regime. As far as I'm concerned, he has "blood on his hands" for every absurd turn Moshiri steers this club through. It's also well established that waiting was nothing to do with getting a better deal for the club and all about waiting for a new owner who would let him remain as Chairman or at least on the board because he can't let go.

Kenwright is the ultimate architect of the club coming apart at the seams and I believe that he genuinely just doesn't see any of it as his fault. When he says to the fans outside the stadium "we've had some good times", he genuinely thinks that losing the FA Cup Final in 2009 and finishing 4th in 2005 before getting knocked out in the qualifiers for the Champions League fall into that category. You wouldn't know it nowadays but that's not the standard for success at Everton.

On 20/01/2022 at 23:14, RondónEFC said:

Forget about the name and just think that we're interviewing a manager with this CV:

20220120_231259.jpg

Grief.

I see his spell as China manager was illustrious and successful. What a legacy he left....😅😂

In all honesty, I don't think that Lampard, Cannavaro or Rooney are the right men for the job. Surely Everton can find someone more distinguished and proven for the managerial role at the club.

• Subscriber

Just listened to the weekly Twitter space with the two lads who know the ins and outs at the club and get all the news before it happens. It's an absolute madhouse in there. Kia J is right in Moshiri's ear and his stance on the next manager changes from one hour to the next. Pereira closest to being appointed with Lampard in the race as well. Pereira will accept the job on a six month interim basis with an option for another year which Moshiri apparently likes because of the low risk, whereas Lampard won't accept anything below 18 months. Rooney and Niko Kovac are the other names on the list but haven't been contacted yet.

Here's the best tidbit though. Cannavaro was interviewed as a favour to help him raise his profile and get him a job in one of the European leagues instead of China, because he's bezzie mates with Kia J. Seriously this is how they're spending some of their time on this managerial hunt.

In other news, key players at the club are waiting to see what appointment gets made next and have said out loud they'll be looking for a move if the club keeps chasing its own tail and makes another mental managerial appointment. Calvert-Lewin was named and Pickford was alluded to as well. Both currently fully committed to the club and want to move forward with Everton, but won't hang around if Everton don't start showing some signs of progress and stability. Sounds similar to Lucas Digne before the Benitez argument. These lads aren't agitating for moves or being disruptive at this point, just don't want to waste their best years at a club carrying on like we are right now. You can't blame them either.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lucas said:

Crooks and Keys have this view of people like Kenwright as the good old English gent chairman, the local-boy-made-good, blue-blood-in-his-veins, dying-out-because-of-the-foreigners and regardless of whether their decisions have actually been any good, see it as a kind of betrayal from the fanbase that they could ever dare to even remotely criticize. See Keys really attack the people who flew the banner - it wasn't personally abusive, it simply expressed the opinion of whoever paid for it regarding Everton's future.

I read Keys' blog (they can often be utterly hilarious at the sheer stupidity) and he has an utter pathological hatred and loathing of Benitez that goes way beyond personal and is obsessive and creepy. He works himself into a rage about what he's doing when he's out of the game, in China etc. I mean, Benitez deserved full criticism for his role at Everton, he did a bad job but Keys suggesting Kenwright should have come out publicly the day Benitez was hired and said he disagreed with it is laughable. He wasn't the right appointment but arguing that to undermine the new manager on his first day at the club by the chairman saying "I don't want him" is good for the club is embarrassing. 

I think he's bitter regarding Everton, despite claiming to love them, because his mate Gray is not particularly popular there despite being an Everton "legend". Although an Everton fan would know more about that than me.

I get a bad feeling the club are going to fold to what Kia wants. I genuinely think they are in danger if Newcastle get in a couple of players they can easily afford in the last week and Hodgson (whom it looks like is coming in at Watford) can do his usual steadying of the ship. 

• Upvote 3

• Subscriber

Our fans were arguing last night all over Twitter about the banners they put up outside the Liver building, and whether it was a protest or just putting banners up. I can't keep track.

Pereira was thought to be over the line but is now apparently considering pulling out of the race because of fan protests (protests which have been aimed at the board and Kia J with the exception of one lad spray painting "Pereira out, Lampard in" on the wall outside Goodison), leaving Lampard as the front runner.

Honestly because none of the candidates inspire me at all, I'm not really emotionally invested in this managerial hunt, so it's sort of just funny to watch the twists and turns. None of the candidates we can employ look like they're any good on paper anyway so time to just get on with making a bad appointment, whoever it is, and hoping we get lucky and they turn out to be alright. I can see Lampard falling into that category. He's not going to have a fun time managing us though between the meek players, imbalanced squad and insane boardroom and owner.