talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That’s debatable as fuck xD

What? The fans bit? Not really. If it's debatable then go ahead and debate me. Explain how the fans are more culpable than the board, staff and players for the current malaise.

36 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

What? The fans bit? Not really. If it's debatable then go ahead and debate me. Explain how the fans are more culpable than the board, staff and players for the current malaise.

Just a piss take pal, not serious.

But seriously you don’t want your Twitter fans making decisions for the club xD I’m sure there’s some sound people on Everton Twitter… but all clubs have massive bellends in their support.

And if Moshiri was consulting my cousin you’d have a new manager every 2 weeks and probably have an even more shit squad than you currently have.

I can empathise with the Everton fans,  I know that feeling they are going though.   I wont sugar coat the fact that the people running the club are responsible for it,  reckless spending on players that you wonder who scouted these players.   It would be great to have the Merseyside derby and a somewhat competitive one,  though part of me doesn't think the Everton situation is healthy,  they may be the 2022 version of Leeds in the early 2000's and the knock on effect may push clubs to make smarter decisions when it comes to buying. 

@RandoEFC some people are comparing lampard to gary neville in managerial terms. Neville almost relegated Valencia so I think that is a bit harsh. Lampard took over a team that was already in a right mess. Some people also seem to be saying that he doesnt take responsibility in the media. But do they seriously expect him to say it's all his fault and not the players.

Interesting thing about Lampard is he has a ridiculously high IQ.  Its around 150. Shows its not all about intelligence. However in theory it should make him a good tactician but it doesn't seem to .

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

My question is do Everton continue with Lampard should they finish above relegation. 

Depends what the objective was when he came in. I imagine, given the position they were in when he did join, was to avoid relegation. 

So if he does 'achieve' that, it's fair to give him the summer to help rebuild and be better next season. 

• Subscriber

Amazing the scrutiny Lampard is under. He's been here 5 minutes. Of course we should stick with him if we get relegated, if nothing more than to send a message to these players that you're the ones who are going to get turfed out here after you've seen off 6, 7, 8 managers.

People from outside the club really will struggle to apply normal analysis to Everton's situation I'm afraid. Ancelotti is off pissing La Liga and knocking PSG out of the Champions League and even he could only get 10th place out of this lot. Ideally we would have kept him as he had the authority to cut loose all of the players who have been letting us down for years under loads of different managers. Sadly circumstance intervened and we have to try to give that authority to Lampard.

I've already referred once to Jamie Carragher's comments about Everton on Monday Night Football. They've had Koeman, Silva, Allardyce, Ancelotti, Benitez, Lampard. At some point you have to stop looking for a new manager to get more out of the same players and tell them it's about fucking time you get some performance out of yourself or you can forget about a new contract at this club. This should have started happening 3-4 managers ago.

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Just curious to see how patient Everton intend on being with Lampard, much like Arsenal with Arteta. 

Will the money be available for a rebuild?

I don't think funds like earlier when Moshiri came in as Everton's owner will be available immediately in the summer, but I really don't know how fucked Everton's finances are under FFP @RandoEFC might know better. I assume it'd be a sell-to-buy type situation though, although the Digne sale has probably freed up a bit of money.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Amazing the scrutiny Lampard is under. He's been here 5 minutes. Of course we should stick with him if we get relegated, if nothing more than to send a message to these players that you're the ones who are going to get turfed out here after you've seen off 6, 7, 8 managers.

People from outside the club really will struggle to apply normal analysis to Everton's situation I'm afraid. Ancelotti is off pissing La Liga and knocking PSG out of the Champions League and even he could only get 10th place out of this lot. Ideally we would have kept him as he had the authority to cut loose all of the players who have been letting us down for years under loads of different managers. Sadly circumstance intervened and we have to try to give that authority to Lampard.

I've already referred once to Jamie Carragher's comments about Everton on Monday Night Football. They've had Koeman, Silva, Allardyce, Ancelotti, Benitez, Lampard. At some point you have to stop looking for a new manager to get more out of the same players and tell them it's about fucking time you get some performance out of yourself or you can forget about a new contract at this club. This should have started happening 3-4 managers ago.

Sorry, is this directed to me? I was genuinely the only neutral that supported Lampard’s appointment and that Everton needed to afford him time. My question was whether or not Everton would actually do it. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Sorry, is this directed to me? I was genuinely the only neutral that supported Lampard’s appointment and that Everton needed to afford him time. My question was whether or not Everton would actually do it. 

Not particularly, no. People are already muttering about it though, media, Everton fans, other fans. Someone on here was saying in the last few days about whether the board might pull the plug and go for a typical relegation fire fighter to see out the season, can't remember who and I'm not saying they were calling for his head either but those conversations seem to have started.

As for trying to predict whether we'd keep him or not, your guess is as good as mine. Our owner is an absolute lunatic so the usual logical criteria for predicting what decisions he might make simply aren't worth trying to apply. I hope he gives him that time though whether we stay or we drop.

15 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Not particularly, no. People are already muttering about it though, media, Everton fans, other fans. Someone on here was saying in the last few days about whether the board might pull the plug and go for a typical relegation fire fighter to see out the season, can't remember who and I'm not saying they were calling for his head either but those conversations seem to have started.

As for trying to predict whether we'd keep him or not, your guess is as good as mine. Our owner is an absolute lunatic so the usual logical criteria for predicting what decisions he might make simply aren't worth trying to apply. I hope he gives him that time though whether we stay or we drop.

changing managers hasn't helped Watford.   it would not be good to abandon lampard at this juncture.  the issue isn't him it's the championship level squad

• Subscriber

It's always a good measure of a relegation-threatened team to look at how many of them would get snapped up if their team got relegated. Obviously from us, Calvert-Lewin, Richarlison, Pickford wouldn't be short of offers but we aren't flushed with those sorts of players. Mina and Allan could probably quite easily find moves to teams in the top leagues outside of England. Gray probably gets a move too if he pushes for it. Previously, you'd have said Godfrey and Doucoure would get moves but they've both had poor and/or disrupted seasons and now you couldn't guarantee it. Alli seems like he shouldn't be playing as far down as the Championship but then he hasn't distinguished himself from the rest since he arrived. Gordon would deserve a step back up more than most but I couldn't see him leaving immediately. The rest of them - Coleman, Kenny, Keane, Holgate, Mykolenko, Patterson, Davies, Delph, Townsend, Rondon, Gomes, Begovic, Gbamin, Tosun - for various reasons and varying extents, could have absolutely no complaints if they're playing in the Championship next season. There's probably a couple of players I've forgotten about as well.

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

It's always a good measure of a relegation-threatened team to look at how many of them would get snapped up if their team got relegated. Obviously from us, Calvert-Lewin, Richarlison, Pickford wouldn't be short of offers but we aren't flushed with those sorts of players. Mina and Allan could probably quite easily find moves to teams in the top leagues outside of England. Gray probably gets a move too if he pushes for it. Previously, you'd have said Godfrey and Doucoure would get moves but they've both had poor and/or disrupted seasons and now you couldn't guarantee it. Alli seems like he shouldn't be playing as far down as the Championship but then he hasn't distinguished himself from the rest since he arrived. Gordon would deserve a step back up more than most but I couldn't see him leaving immediately. The rest of them - Coleman, Kenny, Keane, Holgate, Mykolenko, Patterson, Davies, Delph, Townsend, Rondon, Gomes, Begovic, Gbamin, Tosun - for various reasons and varying extents, could have absolutely no complaints if they're playing in the Championship next season. There's probably a couple of players I've forgotten about as well.

@Ricksays we'll take Townsend and Rondon pal 👍 

• Haha 3

On 16/03/2022 at 21:02, RandoEFC said:

That was me emphasising a manager with Lampard's vision may just be a bad fit for the club at present, admittedly your point about comparing those guys to Rafa was a good one.

It may just need a hard reset. I lived with a Wolves fan who wanted to drink himself in to oblivion when Wolves got relegated to League One but once the season started he recognised getting rid of all the players that were living on the past glory with Mick McCarthy was a blessing as there was a real culture problem at the club that couldn't be shifted unless you got rid of 13/14 players which relegation enabled them to do so.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

That was me emphasising a manager with Lampard's vision may just be a bad fit for the club at present, admittedly your point about comparing those guys to Rafa was a good one.

It may just need a hard reset. I lived with a Wolves fan who wanted to drink himself in to oblivion when Wolves got relegated to League One but once the season started he recognised getting rid of all the players that were living on the past glory with Mick McCarthy was a blessing as there was a real culture problem at the club that couldn't be shifted unless you got rid of 13/14 players which relegation enabled them to do so.

Yeah sometimes people share the wages that our first-team squad are on on social media. Obviously nobody knows the exact numbers but you can get within a few thousand pretty reliably I'm sure. The only way some of those players will leave is if we get relegated to the Championship and they either turn their nose up at it even if they have to take a pay cut to leave, or the club eventually reaches the point where they can't pay those wages. And only when they leave will we have the wriggle room to have any sort of hard reset.

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't know where best to put this but seeing as it was at Goodison, I thought it would be best to chuck it here.

The guy who zip tied himself to a goalpost in protest of oil usage has denied the charges of..............aggravated trespass and pitch encroachment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-61143100

Wasn't this on Sky as well?