talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Discussion

football forum

@RandoEFC

I recall you asking when we we thought Everton were a top side, this is the closest I recall.

This is the time when I remember Everton as being one of the top sides, I can't recall them that well except for Neville Southall and Andy Gray.

This line up was the 1985 European Cup Winners Cup though they also won the league with most of this team in 1985 and 1987.

GK1 Neville Southall

RB2 Gary Stevens 43'

CB4 Kevin Ratcliffe (c)

CB5 Derek Mountfield

LB3 Pat Van Den Hauwe

RM7 Trevor Steven

CM6 Peter Reid

CM10 Paul Bracewell

LM11 Kevin Sheedy

CF8 Graeme Sharp

CF9 Andy Gray

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Tom Davies is back in training but because he was unregistered in January from the Premier League squad due to his long term injury he's unavailable to help the team in the final few games if fit. To make room for incoming Alli and Van de Beek makes sense but apparently Tosun is among those registered as well so xD.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Tom Davies is back in training but because he was unregistered in January from the Premier League squad due to his long term injury he's unavailable to help the team in the final few games if fit. To make room for incoming Alli and Van de Beek makes sense but apparently Tosun is among those registered as well so xD.

What the fuck? You still have Tosun?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Tarkowski having a medical ahead of his free transfer.

Club have decided not to offer Delph a new deal. Means he will leave on a free along with Tosun, Sigurdsson and others amounting to a 400k weekly reduction in the wage bill.

Pound for pound, Delph is one of the worst signings made by a Premier League club in my lifetime. 

Good signing for Everton, that.

Basically getting a £20m rated proven centre back who usually plays 95% of the season, for free.

Can't grumble really. The fact he is a nasty bastard too is maybe what Everton need. They were very soft at times last season.

On 08/06/2022 at 07:49, Reluctant Striker said:

Delph was always extremely average at Villa. Ok, an especially poor Villa side overall. But it did always bewilder me how he went on to Manchester City. And to be an England squad regular.

Delph was a pretty good leftback for City, maybe more due to the coach’s instruction 

• Subscriber

Alyson Rudd (Liverpool supporter) casually writing in a national newspaper bashing Everton for taking a new shirt sponsor from the gambling industry.

Can't find any past articles from her on any of the nine Premier League teams that carried betting sponsors on their shirts last season.

As I've said, I disagree with us having a sponsor from this industry especially so soon after the Sport Pesa deal and the trouble they got into a couple of years ago. But to single Everton out for this and actually using the amount of mental health charity work the club does as a reason to try and spin it as even worse for us to do so?

If you're working for The Times or any national and reputable news sources as a "football writer" you could at least try to keep up some pretence at impartiality.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Alyson Rudd (Liverpool supporter) casually writing in a national newspaper bashing Everton for taking a new shirt sponsor from the gambling industry.

Can't find any past articles from her on any of the nine Premier League teams that carried betting sponsors on their shirts last season.

As I've said, I disagree with us having a sponsor from this industry especially so soon after the Sport Pesa deal and the trouble they got into a couple of years ago. But to single Everton out for this and actually using the amount of mental health charity work the club does as a reason to try and spin it as even worse for us to do so?

If you're working for The Times or any national and reputable news sources as a "football writer" you could at least try to keep up some pretence at impartiality.

My biggest issue with it is that gambling companies have shit logos and/or shit names. Cazoo, Steak, Hollywood Bet

21 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Stake’s particularly scummy, maybe you’re the one not really being impartial here xD

Oh sorry I’m a Liverpool fan… I’ll try to get someone else to tell you that

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Stake’s particularly scummy, maybe you’re the one not really being impartial here xD

Oh sorry I’m a Liverpool fan… I’ll try to get someone else to tell you that

I know nothing about them to be honest, and I'm not really that arsed. Any gambling firms are too scummy as far as I'm concerned. If it were down to me we'd have Everton on the Community on the front of our shirt as I've said for years.

And if I wasn't being impartial, that would be one thing as a random nobody on a football forum, and something else if I was claiming to be a professional football writer for a national newspaper. She has form for it as well. Her article titled "It was deluded to think that dreamer Frank Lampard would drag Everton out of the mire." where she argued that expecting him to get the better of arch-pragmatists Sean Dyche and Roy Hodgson in a relegation battle was, well, "deluded", has aged particularly well given where Burnley and Watford ended the season.

The fact that she's a Liverpool fan isn't even the main thing but when someone writes biased and or clickbait shite about one team on a regular basis and they happen to support their main rivals it's going to get mentioned. But I'll still listen to you mate. With gems like "I think Rafa will actually be the best manager Everton have had in my lifetime and I can see him winning them a trophy", I'd never want Liverpool fans to stop commenting on Everton entirely. :ph34r::x

Yeah I can’t believe I said that either xD - I’m pretty sure Rafa had more PPG than Fat Frank though…

What’s particularly scummy about Stake is they don’t use normal currency… they make people gamble with crypos. Imo most cryptos are just a Ponzi scheme. When you buy a cryptocurrency you’re taking a massive risk with your money, when you gamble you’re making a massive risk with your money that’s addictive.

I don’t blame Everton because it’s a lot of money and there’s already a shitload of terrible companies that are on shirts all around Europe (we’ve got a fucking bank ffs) - but it’s not a great look promoting gambling and crypos imo.

But in fairness I don’t really know any Everton fans that “like” having these people as the new kit sponsors.

• Upvote 1