talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber

Potentially making no signings today despite having one of if not the worst squad in the league after we had another shite window in the summer, not helped by us dicking around over Gordon which we should have pushed to get sorted early in the window if it was going to happen. Took two weeks too long to sack Lampard then spent most of the last week of the window sorting out the new manager leaving us paralysed in the market. Now, shock horror, the clubs that might have done business with us are raising their prices or flat out refusing to sell players because they have no time to replace them before the window closes.

Every other team around us has strengthened this window. Bournemouth. Leeds. Southampton. We started the month in a relegation scrap and are going to end it having lost four games in a row, sacked our manager, less a £40m asset (as much as he's been shite all season) and without a single signing.

An absolute disgrace from the football club and yet people will still chat shit about our fans protesting and creating a "negative atmosphere". We'll probably even get blamed for scaring players off by sections of the media after they've received their briefings from Kenwright.

Window after window, the same disorganisation and poor planning. Manager after manager and director of football after director of football have and will continue to pay the price while the board, the common thread running through almost a decade of failure at every level of the organisation, will spend 1st February looking around at each other asking "we're all trying to find who did this" (insert meme) again.

The players we're being linked with now are clearly the 5th, 6th, 7th options on our various shortlists, just like the end of the summer window with Maupay and McNeil.

A ridiculous organisation that deserves relegation. If we're a Premier League club in 5 month's time then Sean Dyche is actual Jesus Christ.

36 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Potentially making no signings today despite having one of if not the worst squad in the league after we had another shite window in the summer, not helped by us dicking around over Gordon which we should have pushed to get sorted early in the window if it was going to happen. Took two weeks too long to sack Lampard then spent most of the last week of the window sorting out the new manager leaving us paralysed in the market. Now, shock horror, the clubs that might have done business with us are raising their prices or flat out refusing to sell players because they have no time to replace them before the window closes.

Every other team around us has strengthened this window. Bournemouth. Leeds. Southampton. We started the month in a relegation scrap and are going to end it having lost four games in a row, sacked our manager, less a £40m asset (as much as he's been shite all season) and without a single signing.

An absolute disgrace from the football club and yet people will still chat shit about our fans protesting and creating a "negative atmosphere". We'll probably even get blamed for scaring players off by sections of the media after they've received their briefings from Kenwright.

Window after window, the same disorganisation and poor planning. Manager after manager and director of football after director of football have and will continue to pay the price while the board, the common thread running through almost a decade of failure at every level of the organisation, will spend 1st February looking around at each other asking "we're all trying to find who did this" (insert meme) again.

The players we're being linked with now are clearly the 5th, 6th, 7th options on our various shortlists, just like the end of the summer window with Maupay and McNeil.

A ridiculous organisation that deserves relegation. If we're a Premier League club in 5 month's time then Sean Dyche is actual Jesus Christ.

I think it's strange that Kenwright many years ago was able to get the media and so many, even amongst Everton fans, to buy into the "little old Everton" mindset regarding the club. In reality Everton are one of the biggest clubs in the country & years of mediocrity were sort of left unquestioned by the media due to Kenwright's success in shifting expectations and downgrading the club's ambitions as other clubs used the influx of TV money each year to keep pressing on.

• Subscriber

Imagine being such a shite football club and board that you lied about the CEO being put in a headlock to make fans look like thugs ahead of a peaceful protest against you and everyone's forgotten about it within two weeks because there's been so much more ridiculous shite already.

Yet we'll still be seeing Talksport clips doing the rounds on social media tomorrow acting bemused at Everton fans protesting against the board and supporters of other clubs going "well why don't you just support the team harder" and telling us how to support the club as a whole whilst ignoring the fact that even in the midst of all this, fans are turning up to Goodison Park two hours early to welcome the team bus.

The negligence around this transfer window has been absolutely criminal. Just what the fuck were the scouting and recruitment teams doing when it was evident we'd be entering January in a dogfight. There should have been players through the door on January 1st. There should have been deals lined up and ready to go the second the Gordon money hit our bank account. Instead we're going to end the biggest "make or break" transfer window in the club's modern history with a weaker squad than we started it.

This lunatic owner, the senile idiot who sold the club to him and his enablers in the boardroom are killing/have killed this football club.

Easy to see why Bielsa wouldn't take the job on presently. Absolute shambles.

I'd be panicking as an Everton fan if the window passes with no further late additions. They needed strengthening as much as us.

What it proves is that the Gordon money is probably funding the stadium, it's really strangling them unfortuantely.

Edited by Lucas

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I'd be panicking as an Everton fan if the window passes with no further late additions. They needed strengthening as much as us.

What it proves is that the Gordon money is probably funding the stadium, it's really strangling them unfortuantely.

The stadium was announced a few years ago as a fixed price of £500m, it's rumoured that that figure is incorrect, and we're currently set to spend £750m.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I think Bielsa's issue was genuinely with the players not being suited to his style. He offered to take the job in the summer even.

But the fact that the club's last two managerial prospects were Bielsa and Dyche. We might as well put a banner across the stadium saying "we still haven't got any idea what we want this project to look like after 7 years". Players are now choosing to go to Southampton and Bournemouth instead of Everton.

I don't know about the stadium stuff. It's tempting to look at the way Everton are run and try to apply some reason to it through the medium of conspiracy theories or nefarious dealings but all the evidence points to the conclusion that we really are just run by utterly incompetent fools.

• Subscriber

After a series of desperate, scattergun enquiries by the club into Zaniolo, Giroud, Mateta, Sarr amongst others, Dyche has now left the training ground meaning that Everton, despite being one of if not the most desperately in need club in the league and despite receiving a 40m fee for a first team player, are on the brink of ending the January window as the only side in the league not to make a signing of any description. Bravo everyone.

El Bobble has just been going mad on a Twitter space, exposed the board about the goings on in the club. For those that don't know he's an ITK (rumoured to work at the club) who posts on Twitter about the shite that goes on. Post from an Everton forum sums it up: 

Just listened to el bobble on a podcast. He is very well connected in the club, speaks very well. Not sure if he is a players agent himself. 

basically thelwell and the people under him have an impossible job. Thelwell by all accounts has done very well in the changes made at finch farm etc but he literally can’t do his job with moshiri and kenwright being who they are.   Bielsa wasn’t even on his list and kenwright plays up to everyone to keep them on side but has to poke his nose in, moshiri not seen for months but things it’s up to him to hire manager.

he is fuming. Said a lot of good people at the club work very very hard but the dick heads above thelwell make it impossible. 

Maupay and mcneil were not anywhere near the top of the list of players wanted but because of the way the club is run they were basically forced on frank. Loads of agents will not put their players at Everton, not cos of the fans but cos of the way the board manages. Manager changes etc etc. 

• Subscriber

Yeah I listen to the podcast El Bobble is frequently a guest on and listened to that Twitter space earlier. He's very factual, doesn't leak stuff unless it's certain or go into detail about what goes on behind the scenes unless it's relevant to a specific story. Very cross on that space tonight. Called out the club as a joke and a disgrace. Pointed out that this idea behind the fans scaring off players who come from some of the roughest housing estates in the world as the absolute guff it clearly is. Essentially confirmed that the Bielsa approach was a one man crusade by Moshiri pulling against the work of the team of football professionals at the club trying to establish something resembling organisation. That Thelwell and his people are trying their best but continue to get undermined by Moshiri and Kenwright at every turn.

It's just exhausting. Watching your football club getting transformed into a joke and a circus before your eyes because of a small number of idiots at the wheel who have no idea what they're doing but convinced they've actually just been unlucky and will fix it all eventually because they're really clever. Nothing you can do about it except bitch about it on Internet forums and listen to other fans bitch about it on podcasts and Twitter spaces.

There's no end in sight. We will get relegated. It will probably be this season. And there's no guarantee we'll return to the Premier League quickly or even at all. This is now exactly the type of football club who would spend £100m on shite thinking it'll bounce them straight back up, before ending up outside the playoffs, racking up points penalties and playing in League One in the blink of an eye.

Just utterly depressed about it now. It's absolutely criminal how little people are aware of how badly the club is run outside of Everton fans when you think about how much negative publicity was directed at the Glazers, Venkys, Tony Fernandes, Hicks and Gillette. The protests really do need to continue, and need to get louder.

1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

The stadium was announced a few years ago as a fixed price of £500m, it's rumoured that that figure is incorrect, and we're currently set to spend £750m.

That would back up the board publically stating they wish to seek extra funding without selling to someone else.

Something feels very off behind your scenes. The threat of FFP, the Stadium costs, losing big players and not replacing them with the similar quality, it's very concerning I think.

I wonder just how bad financially Everton are in.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

That would back up the board publically stating they wish to seek extra funding without selling to someone else.

Something feels very off behind your scenes. The threat of FFP, the Stadium costs, losing big players and not replacing them with the similar quality, it's very concerning I think.

I wonder just how bad financially Everton are in.

Our turnover/wages ratio is absolutely terrible which I think is a major issue with FFP. Our wage structure is absolutely ridiculous (non-existent). Players like Keane, Doucoure, Mina, Allan, Tosun being given 4 year contracts on anything from 60k to 100k a week, turning out to be nowhere near worth it and then sitting on their contracts on the bench for years while they take millions out of the club every year. Just another aspect of the amateur running of the whole thing. It all adds up.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Our turnover/wages ratio is absolutely terrible which I think is a major issue with FFP. Our wage structure is absolutely ridiculous (non-existent). Players like Keane, Doucoure, Mina, Allan, Tosun being given 4 year contracts on anything from 60k to 100k a week, turning out to be nowhere near worth it and then sitting on their contracts on the bench for years while they take millions out of the club every year. Just another aspect of the amateur running of the whole thing. It all adds up.

flush the turds

13 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Jesus fucking christ. That's appalling mismanagement how that's been allowed to happen. No wonder that Thirwell's hands are so tied. I mean, I can relate to this so much, seen it all with Leeds and our various shithouse owners so I can only sympathise.

But the realist in me sees this getting worse before it gets better like yourselves. The situation looks bleak, I mean, if they did want to sell the club, they have made it a very unattractive proposition on those stats alone. This feels like having to buy a big fixer upper house knowing you got to gut the lot and rebuild the foundations to make it a real asset. 

I think there are buyers out there that would snap up Everton and take on that challenge but they aren't going to pay whatever Moshiri quotes and he won't let it go for peanuts either.

Edited by Lucas

It seems bad they've not been able to bring anyone in. Even on loan. From anywhere. Including the Championship.

The 1 point to feel some hope on is that Dyche kept Burnley up. Multiple times. From similar situations. With a side built around Ashley Westwood as it's play maker. Believe me, Onana & Iwobi are miles better players.

• Subscriber

Still talk of this Andre Ayew deal getting done on a free.

Honestly just get fucked. A 33 year old journeyman who played a couple of seasons in the Premier League five years ago, with nothing to offer and looking for a last pay cheque. Fine if you manage to keep the contract to an end-of-season deal but otherwise no.

I'd rather we gave a chance to some kid. Ellis Simms for example, who has had his season and development actively damaged by Everton Football Club because we recalled him from his loan, where he was doing quite well, in desperation because of our inability to get our ducks in a row. If we're going to do that, then at least give the lad a chance to play some football instead of signing any old washed-up randomer from the Middle East because they played in the Premier League once upon a time.

From an entirely selfish point of view, I have to be totally honest and say this is ideal for the rest of us battling with Everton to survive.

For me, if they take a battering in both the Arsenal and Liverpool games, I'll feel better about our away game there next.

Might just knock the stuffing out of them if the new bounce doesn't happen.

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, Lucas said:

From an entirely selfish point of view, I have to be totally honest and say this is ideal for the rest of us battling with Everton to survive.

I agree. If we weren't in the position we are currently in, I'd have a lot more sympathy about the lack of transfers. I have sympathy for the way the club is being run, but that is on a deeper level than just a 'dry January'