talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Danny said:

After seeing the Bielsa link to Everton in the Leeds thread, has the Silva project ran it's course already?

In before some hilarious Liverpool fan comes and jokes about how he's just got Evertons first derby win in years so why would they sack him.

This is a ridiculous notion and nothing from inside the club suggests his job is under any threat. Only the media inventing links to sell papers and probably encourage some dodgy manipulation of betting odds on Sky Bet or something. The players are all behind him as you'll see from our last couple of performances and a lot of time, effort and money went into getting him here along with Marcel Brands. Unless we go on a horror run or get threatened with relegation he'll stay until at least next summer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

17 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

The absolute state of some Everton fans. Imaging boycotting a colour, fuck me. 

Hope he wears red boots tomorrow just to piss off these imbeciles.

Lol, he deleted the tweet because...

Really, really important football 'news'...

Jordan Pickford might well have thought he was doing no harm in posting a picture of his fancy new Xbox controller to Twitter on Friday night. In actual fact, he was... at least as far as a few Everton supporters were concerned.

The controller, seemingly sent to him as a gift, was entirely red - the colour of Everton's rivals from across Stanley Park. And as those of us who remember the uproar over Ronald Koeman's Christmas baubles know only too well, this is the kind of thing that won't be tolerated by some staunch Evertonians.

Though the tweet was obviously innocent enough and clearly nothing to do with Liverpool, it was later deleted by the England international, probably because of some of the replies it was attracting.

Screenshot-2019-03-15-at-22.45.12-964x10

Looks quite smart tbh  9_9

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

EVERTON MAN ‘NOT OUT FOR THE SEASON’ BUT SIDELINED FOR ‘MANY WEEKS’, MARCO SILVA ISN’T HAPPY

Date: 28th March 2019 at 8:20pm
Written by: Crippy Cooke

Marco Silva has revealed that Yerry Mina’s injury won’t rule him out for the entire season but could see sidelined for “many weeks”. The Everton manager isn’t happy with Carlos Queiroz either, as he says he warned the Colombia manager not to play Mina twice in a week before the defender damaged his hamstring.

During the international break, Mina was carried off on a stretcher after 43 minutes against South Korea and was scanned upon his return to Everton. Against the wishes of Everton’s medical staff, Queiroz started the centre-back against Japan and South Korea, and now the Toffees are paying the price.

As per the Daily Mail, Silva said: “It is not good news. It is serious. Bad news for us as a club and for him too. It has not been an easy season for him since he joined the club, he’s had some unlucky moments and some bad injuries.

“We knew before he went to the international team that it could have been a risk to play two matches. We communicated this to them but we cannot control their decisions. We advised them after he played 90 minutes against Chelsea that it was a risk to play him in two matches in a short period.”

Mina has made 14 appearances in all competitions since joining from Barcelona over the summer. The 24-year-old has suffered injury problems throughout his debut season and this latest setback could see him sidelined for the remainder of the campaign.

Silva hopes to have the Colombian international back in May but it’s unlikely he’ll be rushed back to fitness. Mina will be afforded a lengthy break over the summer to recover, so Everton don’t need to take any risks. They have Kurt Zouma, Michael Keane and Phil Jagielka at their disposal for the final few weeks of the campaign.

https://everton.vitalfootball.co.uk/everton-man-not-out-for-the-season-but-sidelined-for-many-weeks-marco-silva-isnt-happy/

On 16/03/2019 at 06:18, Cannabis said:

The absolute state of some Everton fans. Imaging boycotting a colour, fuck me. 

Hope he wears red boots tomorrow just to piss off these imbeciles.

This. never understood this line of thinking. It's a color. It doesn't have YNWL or their bird on it so why give a f*ck? 

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Between this and seeing how rattled he was leaving the pitch in their recent match against Newcastle... makes me wonder if he's got a few anger issues.

Can't be easy living under the spotlight of being the England #1 - any mistakes and the media's going to hound you for it. So I think he's been under pressure quite a bit this season, maybe that's affecting his mood generally.

Either way, I'm really hoping that Pickford's decided to lash out because some random bloke in Sunderland said something about his little t-rex arms.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Between this and seeing how rattled he was leaving the pitch in their recent match against Newcastle... makes me wonder if he's got a few anger issues.

Can't be easy living under the spotlight of being the England #1 - any mistakes and the media's going to hound you for it. So I think he's been under pressure quite a bit this season, maybe that's affecting his mood generally.

Either way, I'm really hoping that Pickford's decided to lash out because some random bloke in Sunderland said something about his little t-rex arms.

He's definitely got an "eccentric" streak and I'm pretty sure his friendship group are a bit of a bunch of lads. Strikes me as the kind of lad who would be binge drinking often and getting into the odd scrap on a night out if he wasn't a professional footballer.

I’ve seen this video. I have no idea what I’m looking at tbh. Wouldn’t be able to pick out Pickford from that crowd as whoever’s filmed it, has seemingly done it on a house brick. Can’t clearly make anyone’s face out clearly in that.

What I have seen though in that video is a normal Saturday night up and down the country. Also, it’s a thirty second clip, if that, of an incident. Who knows what went on before and after? 

• Subscriber

Tends to be fairly reliable. That amount of money would be a game changer on the wage bill. Can we guess the 12 players? Probably most of the ones out on loan.

Williams, Martina, Besic, Schneiderlin(?), McCarthy, Dowell(?), Bolasie, Mirallas, Lookman(?), Niasse, Tosun(?), Sandro.

Probably not both Lookman and Tosun as surely that would bring more than £40m in fees.

17 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

He's definitely got an "eccentric" streak and I'm pretty sure his friendship group are a bit of a bunch of lads. Strikes me as the kind of lad who would be binge drinking often and getting into the odd scrap on a night out if he wasn't a professional footballer.

So my understanding of what’s happened makes me think Pickford was reasonably pissed off. He was given a few taunts of “butter fingers” and “small arms” and took it in stride. But because the dickheads couldn’t get a recruit out of the normal shite you’d say at Pickford if you just wanted to irritate him, they then decided to taunt his fiancé instead.

So they started calling her a fat cunt and that’s when he kicked off, which I don’t blame him. He’s the professional football player that can handle fans being dicks because they’re rival fans or in this case Geordies a high profile player that game through Sunderland. His fiancé isn’t and if she’s on a night out with him it’s fucked to start hurling abuse at what is really just some random bird on a night out

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

So my understanding of what’s happened makes me think Pickford was reasonably pissed off. He was given a few taunts of “butter fingers” and “small arms” and took it in stride. But because the dickheads couldn’t get a recruit out of the normal shite you’d say at Pickford if you just wanted to irritate him, they then decided to taunt his fiancé instead.

So they started calling her a fat cunt and that’s when he kicked off, which I don’t blame him. He’s the professional football player that can handle fans being dicks because they’re rival fans or in this case Geordies a high profile player that game through Sunderland. His fiancé isn’t and if she’s on a night out with him it’s fucked to start hurling abuse at what is really just some random bird on a night out

People are idiots aren't they. Fair play to him if that's the actual story. Even though he's laughed off the initial abuse, he still shouldn't have to along with other professional footballers who have to put up with the same thing all the time just "because you're a professional footballer and you just have to accept that it comes with the territory".

Bottom line is that you've got to be a proper saddo/bunch of saddos if you're willing to go to those lengths just so you can go into work/to collect your dole pay on Monday and tell the exciting story of how you wound up someone vaguely famous by giving his fiance a load of unnecessary abuse.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

People are idiots aren't they. Fair play to him if that's the actual story. Even though he's laughed off the initial abuse, he still shouldn't have to along with other professional footballers who have to put up with the same thing all the time just "because you're a professional footballer and you just have to accept that it comes with the territory".

Bottom line is that you've got to be a proper saddo/bunch of saddos if you're willing to go to those lengths just so you can go into work/to collect your dole pay on Monday and tell the exciting story of how you wound up someone vaguely famous by giving his fiance a load of unnecessary abuse.

It’s shit, but it’s part of being a celebrity. The other alternative is that people suddenly stop being idiots, but that’s not really ever going to happen

8 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Surely Everton can use this as an excuse to bin him off?

Are you just fishing? Surely you're just fishing.

He's had an inconsistent season, but I think he's still one of the better players at Everton. And now that he's established as the England #1, everyone is gunning for him to fail because for some reason that's what we do as a society to our keepers - build them up for us to pull them down.

• Subscriber

Only Kepa, Allison and Ederson have more clean sheets than Pickford this season. Fair enough that's a reflection on the team as much as the goalkeeper, if not more. He also has the joint record for the most penalty saves in a season by an Everton goalkeeper at 4. Unfortunately he's also near the top for mistakes leading to goals among goalkeepers this season, but we didn't have that last season so I'll put it down to a blip. Room for improvement but still a significant asset.

Between Howard's downfall in his last 18 months and tolerating the failed replacements in Robles and Stekelenburg (apart from that time he saved two penalties at City which was funny), Everton fans know a thing or two about having a shit keeper who's always got a mistake in him and Pickford doesn't fall into that category at all.

Can't see why we'd be unhappy. Just because he's England's goalkeeper doesn't mean he has to be the Buffon of his generation. It's not like we'd rather have any of the other goalkeepers from the teams near us in the table.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Everton's Andre Gomes charged with violent conduct for Aleksandar Mitrovic tackle

Everton midfielder Andre Gomes has been charged with violent conduct for a tackle on Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic on Saturday.

The Portugal international, on loan from Barcelona, appeared to stamp on Mitrovic in stoppage time of Everton's 2-0 defeat at Craven Cottage.

The incident was missed by referee Lee Probert but Gomes, 25, has now been charged by the Football Association.

He has until 18:00 BST on Tuesday to respond.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47941333