talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Discussion

football forum

24 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

At first I thought it would be because we'd sign it in the summer but with the announcement of Calvert-Lewin's deal I'm a bit worried. 

I wouldn't be worried mate. If you lot get shit tons of money and replace him with Gilfi then I'd say that's great business. 

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

For all we know Xavi could be the worst manager ever. Great players don't always make great coaches. 

True, but Barca are 3/3 in having managers being successful that have played for the club and understand 'the barca way'. 

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

So negative xD

I was looking forward to seeing a few of them cos whenever I've seen this group play they've looked good but the way Koeman spoke about them to other week sounds like he isn't confident enough of them will make the step up. 

19 hours ago, HK85 said:

I was looking forward to seeing a few of them cos whenever I've seen this group play they've looked good but the way Koeman spoke about them to other week sounds like he isn't confident enough of them will make the step up. 

Even if they don't make the grade, a few "alright" performances here and there and you can probably shift the ones who aren't good enough to championship (or sometimes a shite prem side) and that's not necessarily a load of money but can be a nice healthy profit. You churn out enough "ok" youth players and your club start getting a little bit more self-sustaining even when they don't make the grade.

Obviously you're going to want more players who are good enough to make the grade and become permanent fixtures in the side... everyone does. But the reality is Everton are looking to turn a corner, and it with how competitive the league is at the top, it will be hard for any young player to step through and make the grade at the level that the fans and manager will want to see from them to make the next step up. Obviously there's no guarantee not giving youth a chance will be any better, and there's that mantra that "if you're good enough, you're old enough." Regardless, having a promising group of kids is obviously only a good thing. Everton will most likely make some money flogging some off if they can get a few good first team performances out of them, and maybe a few squad players or better emerge out of the ones who take their chances.

Main awards:

Player of the season: Lukaku

Players player: Lukaku.

Young player: Tom Davies

Goal: Davies vs City

Best performance: Davies vs City

Can't complain at the top three. Would have Lukaku vs Bournemouth as performance of the year, scoring four. 

Can't remember any real outstanding goal we've scored this season. I like free flowing goals so probably would have had Mirallas' goal against West Brom or Lukaku's first against Bournemouth. 

Edited by HK85

• Subscriber

Mirallas has signed an extension keeping him around until 2020. Still too inconsistent to be a first choice for me but happy that he can stick around anyway. Slightly surprised by this though as I never got the impression Koeman was a big fan of his. 

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Everton announce sponsorship deal with SportPesa (reportedly worth £75m): 

a1ae6a4e3c1446158f6180819d27f45d.jpg?bc=

Everton Football Club has confirmed a Club-record multi-year sponsorship agreement with gaming giant SportPesa. The new partnership will commence on June 1 and is the most lucrative in the Club’s 140-year history. As Everton’s main partner, SportPesa will feature on the front of Everton’s playing shirts for five years.

Everton Chief Executive Officer, Robert Elstone, said: “We’re pleased to have secured the biggest commercial partnership deal in the Club's history with an ambitious and growing global company. From the outset we have been impressed by SportPesa and the company's plans for the future. Over the coming months and years we will be working closely to realise our ambitions together.

“SportPesa are committed to significant investment, not only in Everton through this partnership but also in the city as they open up a new European headquarters that creates new jobs in Liverpool. The Liverpool office will give SportPesa the chance to engage with supporters through a number of fan activities and we look forward to an exciting partnership together.”

We got more for advertising donuts :coffee:

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:
Ross Barkley is one of the five players showing off the new kit in the official reveal. Hopefully this means that he's staying...

Everton have placed a £50 million price tag on Ross Barkley as they continue to wait on the midfielder’s future.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/16/everton-place-50m-price-tag-ross-barkley/amp/