talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Discussion

football forum

10 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Ronald Koeman confirms that he's not confident of Ross Barkley staying with Everton. 

Gutted about this to be honest, a local lad holding his club to ransom after his first good season with the club.

Holding you to ransom you poor little things xD

He's not much of a loss if you look at what other youngsters are doing in the league, Kane, Alli, Lukaku...he's got the potential to be a class player but I don't know if he has the mentality or the intelligence for it.

You could replace him with some good scouting.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Holding you to ransom you poor little things xD

He's not much of a loss if you look at what other youngsters are doing in the league, Kane, Alli, Lukaku...he's got the potential to be a class player but I don't know if he has the mentality or the intelligence for it.

You could replace him with some good scouting.

I've said for ages that if Everton sell Barkley and sign Swansea's Siggi whilst making a profit, then they have done fantastic business. 

Barkley really isn't that good and if I was Koeman I'd be saying ... "On ya bike kid". 

Edited by LFCMadLad

Would love to know the reasons behind him not signing. 

We'll try and make it out as if Barkley is in the wrong (and he is sort of for not giving a definitive answer as of yet) but it could be anything for not signing. 

Not sure I'm liking this constant ultimatum talk from Koeman either. Once or twice is enough but it's every time he's in front of a camera now. I know he's only answering questions put towards him but it's getting too much now. Talk privately and try and sort it out. He's putting a lot of pressure on it. 

18 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I've said for ages that if Everton sell Barkley and sign Swansea's Siggi whilst making a profit, then they have done fantastic business. 

Barkley really isn't that good and if I was Koeman I'd be saying ... "On ya bike kid". 

He scored 12 goals last season so obviously there's talent and ability in him, but you'd expect that to be carried on this season. There must be a reason why he hasn't.

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

He scored 12 goals last season so obviously there's talent and ability in him, but you'd expect that to be carried on this season. There must be a reason why he hasn't.

Nearly every one of our forward players have out numbered Barkley in goals and assists combined this season. Coutinho, Firmino, Mane, Lallana, despite all of them missing significant amounts of the season. 

I really don't get where all this hype around him comes from? Everton is his level and he's lucky to be playing there. 

8 minutes ago, Danny said:

His role is different under Koeman than Martinez. The latter allowed individual freedom where he could basically do whatever he wanted and that shit won't happen under Koeman. It's a much more disciplined and organised system. It's all about the team rather than individual stats and goals. 

He's been much better this season than last one. His best year for us I'd say. 

5 minutes ago, HK85 said:

His role is different under Koeman than Martinez. The latter allowed individual freedom where he could basically do whatever he wanted and that shit won't happen under Koeman. It's a much more disciplined and organised system. It's all about the team rather than individual stats and goals. 

He's been much better this season than last one. His best year for us I'd say. 

He has been better but I still can't see where he'd go if he left Everton? He'd get nowhere near any team in the top six. 

• Subscriber

Still confused and bothered by this. Should have been done, new contract is the best deal for the player and the club, it's a no brainer. 

If this goes tits up and Barkley ends up going elsewhere and being a success while we fail to replace him the pitchforks will be out for the board again.

8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He has been better but I still can't see where he'd go if he left Everton? He'd get nowhere near any team in the top six. 

Spurs are the only team I've seen that are interested. Why wouldn't you want to work with Poch? His repuation of improving players is growing every season. 

3 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Spurs are the only team I've seen that are interested. Why wouldn't you want to work with Poch? His repuation of improving players is growing every season. 

He'd be a bit part player for them in my opinion. What would be the point. No way is Barkley getting picked ahead of Alli and Son, Erickson etc 

Edited by LFCMadLad

11 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He'd be a bit part player for them in my opinion. What would be the point. No way is Barkley getting picked ahead of Alli and Son, Erickson etc 

There's no chance of him playing there at the moment. Not unless there's injuries/suspensions. 

I'd bet Poch would get the most out of him though and maybe he could work his way into the starting line up. It's a risk for him though.  

15 minutes ago, HK85 said:

There's no chance of him playing there at the moment. Not unless there's injuries/suspensions. 

I'd bet Poch would get the most out of him though and maybe he could work his way into the starting line up. It's a risk for him though.  

Definitely!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

With the transfers starting to take shape this is something like what our squad could look like...

Goalkeepers: Pickford, Robles, Stekelenburg

Right Backs: Coleman, Holgate, Kenny

Centre Backs: Keane, Funes Mori, Williams, Jagielka

Left Backs: Baines, Galloway

Deep Midfielders: Gueye, Schneiderlin, Barry, Besic, Davies

Left Midfielders: Mirallas, Lookman

Attacking Midfielders: Sigurdsson, Barkley, Klaassen, Dowell

Right Midfielders: Deulofeu, Lennon

Forwards: Sandro, Calvert-Lewin

Okay I've included some that potentially shouldn't count like Lennon but from what I'm seeing here, we look over-subscribed at the back (if the touted deals go ahead) and still pretty light up front, especially if you rule out Lennon, Deulofeu and Barkley who could potentially leave and Dowell who may not yet be in the mix.

Who do we think will be on their way elsewhere from the rear end of the team? And how many additions do we need to make up top?

Edited by RandoEFC

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

With the transfers starting to take shape this is something like what our squad could look like...

Centre Backs: Keane, Klaasen, Funes Mori, Williams, Jagielka

think you've got that one wrong mate xD 

10 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Who do we think will be on their way elsewhere from the rear end of the team? And how many additions do we need to make up top?

Would stop Holgate playing at right back from now. Same with Galloway and left back.