talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Discussion

football forum

Dembele is a good player but I'm not sure he's the man to come in and score goals like Lukaku has done. It's difficult to compare players success in Scotland to what the would do in England because the standard of play is worlds apart.

Dembele has proven he's ready for the PL with his goals in the Championship and at Celtic. He does look a good talent and did before he joined Celtic, but asking him to replicate Lukakus goals maybe something else completely.

• Subscriber

Uninspiring signing for me if it goes through but willing to give him a chance. Maybe any realistic forwards will be uninspiring compared to the man they're replacing though. 

As for per season, I'm happy with our schedule and glad we'll get down to competitive action early doors because even if we play some gash Yugoslav side in Europa qualifying it's still better to get the juices flowing than play more pointless friendlies. 

This trip to Tanzania though, what an utterly pointless farce. 

• Subscriber

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/879665909643845633?s=09

BREAKING: @Everton have agreed a deal to sign Henry Onyekuru from KAS Eupen - Sky sources. #SSNHQ

Don't know anything about him, apparently the fee is €8m and he will be loaned back to Eupen for the season.  

Edited by RandoEFC

• Subscriber
Just now, Storts said:

Barkley to sign a new 5 year deal

One of the "reliable" ITKs posted earlier that he'll be offered another new contract. Fine with him staying but he has work to do to win the hearts of the fans back after his embarrassing behaviour. We all know how fickle football fans are though, couple of goals in August and he'll be our "diamond" again. 

• Subscriber
On 2017-6-2 at 4:11 PM, RandoEFC said:

zws6x24yr71z.jpg

A reliable "ITK" apparently...

Can't be arsed researching but IIRC it was this guy who apparently is quite reliable however this was the last thing he said a few weeks back and it looks like it was inaccurate. 

He's hit and miss. Wouldn't take it as gospel. 

I hope so, though. Would be great to be singing about him in some Moldovan farm in August. Kept his mouth shut and let his agent sort his business. Brilliant. Lukaku could learn a thing or two from him. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Is that Cuco Martina a left back? We were linked with him before the window opened but he's obviously not made the move. It could have been this lad putting two and two together and trying to jump the gun.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ross has signed, he wanted to move to Tottenham, Arsenal or United but has quickly realised that neither of these teams want him as he's bang average.

Think Martina is right sided but could be left. Could also be that we just signed a youth left back and it wasn't worth reporting but unlikely because you'd have thought we still heard something. Anyway, time will tell whether this rumour is accurate. I'd be surprised if it was suddenly confirmed tomorrow after so many weeks of silence. 

Dear Everton Football Club. Please can you stop purchasing players that West Ham United Football Club are showing an interest in. Between you [and possibly Leicester] we won't end up with any of the players that we want which is just not fair. If you are interested in more purchases though then please feel free to take some of the shit, sorry, I obviously meant top class players that we are trying to shove out of the door. Sorry again, I meant that we would dearly love to keep but just wouldn't be too dissapointed in seeing gone [we would be happy to pay their travel expenses to medical and signing].

My sincerest thanks in advance.

Ron

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Large said:

Dear Everton Football Club. Please can you stop purchasing players that West Ham United Football Club are showing an interest in. Between you [and possibly Leicester] we won't end up with any of the players that we want which is just not fair. If you are interested in more purchases though then please feel free to take some of the shit, sorry, I obviously meant top class players that we are trying to shove out of the door. Sorry again, I meant that we would dearly love to keep but just wouldn't be too dissapointed in seeing gone [we would be happy to pay their travel expenses to medical and signing].

My sincerest thanks in advance.

Ron

It's payback for Byram and Ogbonna.