talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2018/19 Football League > 18-19th September

football forum

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great result but god they were really poor. Pukki is turning into a cult hero, fantastic performance. 3 academy lads started, all under 20. Promising, QPR away Saturday another chance to pick up point.

Farke needed this

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Norwich winning 2-1 at Reading heading in to the final stages. @Marc

Middlesbrough beat Bolton 2-0 @StefBWFC

QPR get a surprise win over Millwall 2-0 @Batard

Sheff Utd and Birmingham played out a bore draw 0-0.

Yeah I was surprised by that too, looks like things have stabilized after that shocking start though. 

• Subscriber

I bizarrely went to Stoke v Swansea the other night. Got a mate who is a Stoke fan who offered me a freebie. Thought Swansea edged it early doors and the home fans were noticeably frustrated (Stoke were really bad) but over time Stoke seemed to wear them down a bit and eventually got a goal, which looked a bit of a fluke in all honesty, from Allen.

Thought Ryan Woods was easily the best player on the pitch. One to keep an eye on.

• Subscriber
On 18/09/2018 at 21:21, Smiley Culture said:

Harvey Barnes has just finished off a very nice move by West Brom with a great finish. I would be worried if I were a Baggies fan, I believe Leicester can call him back in January and showing this form, I don't see why they wouldn't.

We did it last year from Barnsley before giving him a couple of run outs in the cup, no minutes in the league and nothing in friendlies either. Bizarre.

I'd personally keep him at West Brom for now. It's suiting him no end. He's on course for a season like what Maddison's just had. Speaking of Maddison - that's the fucker for him. They're probably going to be competing with each other rather than playing together.

He looks a real player though.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

I bizarrely went to Stoke v Swansea the other night. Got a mate who is a Stoke fan who offered me a freebie. Thought Swansea edged it early doors and the home fans were noticeably frustrated (Stoke were really bad) but over time Stoke seemed to wear them down a bit and eventually got a goal, which looked a bit of a fluke in all honesty, from Allen.

Thought Ryan Woods was easily the best player on the pitch. One to keep an eye on.

No shock there, Woodsy is easily one of the best centre mids in the division. How'd he get on under Rowlett's style of football?

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Danny said:

No shock there, Woodsy is easily one of the best centre mids in the division. How'd he get on under Rowlett's style of football?

I thought he looked noticeably a step ahead of the others. People didn't make the runs for him. He's got a bright future somewhere. Consider that he was playing alongside a lot of players who have spent years in the top flight.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived