talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

San Jose Earthquakes Sack Head Coach Mikael Stahre

football forum

Major League Soccer club San Jose Earthquakes have parted ways with head coach Mikael Stahre.

Stahre has been sacked after less than a year at the club, with the Earthquakes bottom of the Western Conference.

Former assistant coach Steve Ralston will take charge of the team for the remaining six games of the regular season.

"I would like to thank Mikael and Alex for their hard work and professionalism this season," said Earthquakes general manager Jesse Fioranelli.

"Mikael has qualities, both as a person and a coach, that will be missed by players, staff and the front office alike.

"We felt we needed a change and decided that the six remaining games represent an opportunity for all of us to begin heading in a new direction and to evaluate our options actively with a single goal in mind: to strengthen our First Team for the upcoming season and beyond."

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

Almeyda has turned down Monterrey at the end. The media within the league is full of trusted leaks and sources and for some reason, almeyda changed his mind and decided to continue the process with SJ...

Chance to play at the world club cup at the end  of the year.

One of the most loyal fans bases, resources, state of the art stadium, and always a full of depth and talent squad. 

Stick it to the dumbass Chivas owner and his son who didnt value one bit the best coach in recent history (zero experience, all Mexican squad, cheap owner and a inflated market because of their limitations)  who not only "fired him" via email while in Argentina with his family simple because the club wanted him to continue using the academy/potential profit and turned down every player almeyda wanted to help the academy players find a proper winning balance... 

Prove to the fans that regardless of how good el tata is (beating USA is enjoyable but far from enough), Almeyda was the OBVIOUS choice and was willing to commit to an EIGHT year cycle in which this world cup wasnt going to be another restart, the process was always 2026... and the fucking club presidents chose el tata and tried to belittle almeyda.... when the Mexican media is begging for almeyda after the osorio clown show, if shows the respect for almeyda and his development of players... no other coach would ever take that chivas squad and make them champions and their post almeyda failures show so. 

---instead of choosing monterrey he prefers to continue the growth of SJ and the youngsters especially.. nothing against the league and the team but Monterrey would be the choice by many given the option.... setien and the clown sampaoli are the next options after almeyda. I believe Monterrey fucked up and didnt agree to giving almeyda the freedom he deserves of a coach and "general manager" with complete control of the squad because I don't buy the expanding the MLS franchise excuse. 

His lack of experience is the only red flag but he has all the knowledge and determination to coach mexico or even Argentina if they gave him time and trust... and this is coming from a die hard club America fan with a soft side for boca 

On 08/10/2019 at 23:58, Teso dos Bichos said:

Almeyda has turned down Monterrey at the end. The media within the league is full of trusted leaks and sources and for some reason, almeyda changed his mind and decided to continue the process with SJ...

Chance to play at the world club cup at the end  of the year.

One of the most loyal fans bases, resources, state of the art stadium, and always a full of depth and talent squad. 

Stick it to the dumbass Chivas owner and his son who didnt value one bit the best coach in recent history (zero experience, all Mexican squad, cheap owner and a inflated market because of their limitations)  who not only "fired him" via email while in Argentina with his family simple because the club wanted him to continue using the academy/potential profit and turned down every player almeyda wanted to help the academy players find a proper winning balance... 

Prove to the fans that regardless of how good el tata is (beating USA is enjoyable but far from enough), Almeyda was the OBVIOUS choice and was willing to commit to an EIGHT year cycle in which this world cup wasnt going to be another restart, the process was always 2026... and the fucking club presidents chose el tata and tried to belittle almeyda.... when the Mexican media is begging for almeyda after the osorio clown show, if shows the respect for almeyda and his development of players... no other coach would ever take that chivas squad and make them champions and their post almeyda failures show so. 

---instead of choosing monterrey he prefers to continue the growth of SJ and the youngsters especially.. nothing against the league and the team but Monterrey would be the choice by many given the option.... setien and the clown sampaoli are the next options after almeyda. I believe Monterrey fucked up and didnt agree to giving almeyda the freedom he deserves of a coach and "general manager" with complete control of the squad because I don't buy the expanding the MLS franchise excuse. 

His lack of experience is the only red flag but he has all the knowledge and determination to coach mexico or even Argentina if they gave him time and trust... and this is coming from a die hard club America fan with a soft side for boca 

Is he the same Almeyda that played for Lazio and Parma?

I mean one thing I will say about him staying in San Jose is... if you've got a lot of money, the SF Bay Area is not a bad place to be. If he's a young manager that did well in Liga MX (which imo is a much better league than MLS football, I know you agree), he's probably getting paid really well by San Jose. I doubt he lives in San Jose, but there's a ton of great areas all over the Bay Area that are great for rich people - I could see someone getting comfy there and not being "more ambitious" with their career prospects when they're paid well and in a nice place.

Archived