• Juventus - Dybala Mandzukic Ronaldo
    • Manchester City - Aguero Sane Sterling
    • Barcelona - Dembele Messi Suarez
    • PSG - Cavani Mbappe Neymar

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

There's a lot of variety in that Juventus front-three - Target-man, creator and directness so maybe that is the best. Although that really means nothing unless they are converting and sharing the spoils equally or have assists to prove that they can play football with all their skills.

I'm going to write off Barcelona, as Dembele while good still has a few ways to go and Suarez isn't the same player from the bits I have seen of Barca and of course Uruguay in the World Cup.

Definitely not Real Madrid for me. Juventus I haven't seen this season yet but that's a very effective front 3 with a proper goalscorer like Ronaldo, and a supporting player like Mandzukic. Then you have Dybala who is all-round.

Manchester City are the best goalscorers, but I think that's more down to their midfield than their front 3 so I'm also going to write them off.

PSG may be different now. On paper, they have the best front 3. I do remember last season they didn't play like a team though, at least when it came to the UCL. It could be a different story this year though, I guess I'll find out by today!

So I'm going to go with Liverpool for the moment. 2 proper goalscorers in Salah and Mane and an excellent supporting player in Firmino, who also has his share of goals. Their record really says it all about how effective they are. That's based on my own judgement though as there is still a bit more I have to see in order to have a respectable opinion.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm obviously biased... but here's a little stat. 6% of goals scored by English clubs in the 2010s were scored by Mane, Bobby, and Salah... just last season.

According to the Bournemouth goalkeeper their front 3 are as good as Liverpool's xD

8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm obviously biased... but here's a little stat. 6% of goals scored by English clubs in the 2010s were scored by Mane, Bobby, and Salah... just last season.

Obviously a good stat but I don't think it's that incredible when you break down what it means over about 8 season.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’ll tell you after yesterday, definitely not PSG. One match absolutely shattered my view of Neymar (and tbh I didn’t think he was as good as a lot of people do).

Neymar's football lives off of epic moments and even then it's when it all slots into place like it did in the Barcelona 6-1 PSG a couple of seasons back.  Neymar was man of the match that day and delivered what he is capable of which is moments that can be considered what you would want from an elite player that turns a difficult situation almost seeming impossible into an individual winning display.  But in Europe since he arrived from Brazil (barring sporadic moments) that has been his only complete game at the top end.

He's got all the talent in the world but in my opinion he will never be one of the authentic greats.

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Neymar's football lives off of epic moments and even then it's when it all slots into place like it did in the Barcelona 6-1 PSG a couple of seasons back.  Neymar was man of the match that day and delivered what he is capable of which is moments that can be considered what you would want from an elite player that turns a difficult situation almost seeming impossible into an individual winning display.  But in Europe since he arrived from Brazil (barring sporadic moments) that has been his only complete game at the top end.

He's got all the talent in the world but in my opinion he will never be one of the authentic greats.

It’s going to be awkward as fuck when he throws his hissy fit about wanting to get out of Mbappe’s shadow.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s going to be awkward as fuck when he throws his hissy fit about wanting to get out of Mbappe’s shadow.

I'm waiting for that because Mbappé is overshadowing Neymar this season in the games that matter and look at how young he is. People think Neymar is still extremely young but he's 26 now and will be 30 by the time the next World Cup comes along.  He has wasted a large proportion of his career being manipulated by his father and his departure from Barcelona was the worst mistake he could have ever made.  These guys get over swayed by Polaroid money if you get my meaning and this is the result.  His only saviour now is leaving next season to one of the real big clubs in Europe and HOPE it all slots into place for him.

16 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I'm waiting for that because Mbappé is overshadowing Neymar this season in the games that matter and look at how young he is. People think Neymar is still extremely young but he's 26 now and will be 30 by the time the next World Cup comes along.  He has wasted a large proportion of his career being manipulated by his father and his departure from Barcelona was the worst mistake he could have ever made.  These guys get over swayed by Polaroid money if you get my meaning and this is the result.  His only saviour now is leaving next season to one of the real big clubs in Europe and HOPE it all slots into place for him.

PSG contracts are like gilded cages though. They make players very hard to sell. But it was a very stupid career move. I also don’t know what PSG’s plan to win the CL is... they’ve got a nice expensive side. Until their league gets more competitive, all they’ve really done is make qualifying more easy. But as to Neymar, I don’t think he’s got the attitude and work ethic to be genuinely world class, talented as he is. Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi were far more impressive at 26.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

PSG contracts are like gilded cages though

It's not that PSG's contracts are gilded or anything apart from any other contract that doesn't contain a buy-out clause like in Spain for example.  There was a comment made by the then agent (Donato di Campli) of Marco Verratti two years ago when he looked odds on for the move to Barça...  "Marco and other valuable players at PSG are prisoners of the Emir" in reference to the owners and president of Paris Saint-Germain, Nasser Al-Khelaïfi.

Only a couple of weeks ago Nasser Al-Khelaïfi complained publicly that European clubs were tapping their players and talking to them behind their backs and he was reminded by various presidents of Italian and Spanish clubs this week that every single player they've acquired over the past 8 years have been signed by doing exactly the same thing.

PSG don't negotiate and hold their players to their contract... Something that can be seen as the proper conduct as the players have signed that contract but then again PSG as mentioned function in the same manner when signing their players.

Adrien Rabiot who has various big European clubs looking to sign him has refused to sign a new contract while he is serving his final contractual year.  He wanted to move to Barcelona this summer and they refused him the move feeling they could change his mind as they did with Verratti by offering the only thing PSG can offer which is a perverse amount of money.  That's the only way out of that labyrinth it seems. Back in Qatar Rabiot has even been accused of being this way because he is of Jewish background...  That's how weird that club is!

Neymar made a massive mistake and he took the advice he was given from his then teammates at Barça the wrong way.  But people can get swayed by these things because for me the ridiculous part was Brazilian football fans EVER thinking that was a positive move for the player.

Archived