Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
True Blue

Group L - Matchday 1 - 20th September

Just waiting to see how we line up against PAOK. Ampadu, Odoi, Ruben need game time there was no reason to keep them if we won't play them.

• Upvote 1

On 12/09/2018 at 01:42, True Blue said:

Just waiting to see how we line up against PAOK. Ampadu, Odoi, Ruben need game time there was no reason to keep them if we won't play them.

Morata

Odoi--------------------Willian

Reuben Loftus-Cheek----Cesc

Ampadu

Emerson----Cahill----Christensen---Zappacosta

Caballero

Giroud > Morata. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Morata

Odoi--------------------Willian

Reuben Loftus-Cheek----Cesc

Ampadu

Emerson----Cahill----Christensen---Zappacosta

Caballero

Giroud > Morata. 

Would be great but never gonna happen, i expect maybe 2 subs plus an odd 15 minutes cameo from the youngsters.

6 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Would be great but never gonna happen, i expect maybe 2 subs plus an odd 15 minutes cameo from the youngsters.

We will see. Sarri rotated a lot for European competitions during his time at Napoli. 

Sees the league as the priority. As he should. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

We will see. Sarri rotated a lot for European competitions during his time at Napoli. 

Sees the league as the priority. As he should. 

True but after his rotations they went out, but obviously our bench and depth is far superior than to the one that Napoli had at the time. 

26 minutes ago, True Blue said:

True but after his rotations they went out, but obviously our bench and depth is far superior than to the one that Napoli had at the time. 

Clearly. They really only had Zielinski and the ghost of Christian Maggio to call upon. 

• Upvote 1

Morata confirmed to start. Would like to see something like this. 

Morata

Odoi-----------------------Loftus-Cheek
Barkley----Cesc

Drinkwater

Emerson---Ampadu---Christensen----Zappacosta

Caballero

• Upvote 1

Pretty excited for tomorrow, not because of the opposition but because we could field a B side. Big chance for the players that aren't playing that much to prove their worth. I likt the look of the team Cicero Posted, i would just shift Ruben to the midfield and Cesc to the bench. With the players we have he shouldn't start even against PAOK. In my opinion by far our worse midfield option in this system that Sarri uses.

No offence to Drinkwater, but keeping him just makes things much more tedious. Ampadu and Reuben Loftus-Cheek need minutes. 

Drinkwater hasn't even traveled. Such a pointless signing xD

Is Emerson injured? 

Morata

Odoi---------------Willian

Barkley----Reuben Loftus-Cheek

Ampadu

Zappacosta----Cahill----Christensen----Dave

Caballero 

• Upvote 1

Looking like Hazard and Kovacic are not travelling to our game Thursday... Not sure if that's just to avoid fatigue or some other reason?? Maybe it's just to give some of our younger/fringe players an opportunity, If not injured and hardly looking tired I would have at least put Hazard on the bench.. 

Chelsea squad: Kepa Arrizabalaga, Willy Caballero, Marcin Bulka, Toni Rudiger, Marcos Alonso, Cesc Fabregas, Jorginho, N'Golo Kante, Ross Barkley, Pedro, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Victor Moses, Olivier Giroud, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Davide Zappacosta, Willian, Gary Cahill, Andreas Christensen, Cesar Azpilicueta, Alvaro Morata, Ethan Ampadu.

• Upvote 1

Hazard, Luiz and Kovačić are apparently rested, while Emerson is ill. Drinkwater, Green and Piazon aren't eligible for the competition.

Drinkwater xD 

Fucking hell. What a career move. Handful of league and cup appearances. Not even in Europa League squad. Shambles.

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Drinkwater xD 

Fucking hell. What a career move. Handful of league and cup appearances. Not even in Europa League squad. Shambles.

I was surprised he didn't secure a move away this season. With the current midfield i will be surprised if he gets more than ten cameo appearances this season.

20 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I was surprised he didn't secure a move away this season. With the current midfield i will be surprised if he gets more than ten cameo appearances this season.

Really? Think it's pretty obvious no other club will match his current wages. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Really? Think it's pretty obvious no other club will match his current wages. 

Well obviously he needs a wage cut to move, however if he is happy being on the bench on his wage fine by me.

Kepa, Rudiger, Alonso, Zappacosta, Christensen, Jorginho, Kante, Barkley, Pedro, Willian, Morata

Some of those really shouldn't be playing. 

Good play by Barkley to dodge the tackle and lay it through for Willian. Poor finish but worse keeping. 1-0 anyway!

Very unselfish play by Barkley there... He could have had a go himself with that space but slipped Willian in who managed to squeeze it under the keeper

That was class from Jorginho and Barkley to set up the goal. 

Morata isn't doing himself any favors 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

That was class from Jorginho and Barkley to set up the goal. 

Morata isn't doing himself any favors 

Finding it hard to be supportive of him when you see that.. When you get service on a plate like that the least you can do is hit the target, He was under no pressure at all.. Don't know whats going on with him?? he just does not seem hungry enough for me.. 

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Finding it hard to be supportive of him when you see that.. When you get service on a plate like that the least you can do is hit the target, He was under no pressure at all.. Don't know whats going on with him?? he just does not seem hungry enough for me.. 

Again, just missing it in front of goal. Weaker foot but still, not even on target 

Great pass from Alonso only to be wasted by Pedro... could have slid the ball across there

Could have had 4 but ended up with one for the first 45

Plenty of chances just not clinical enough... 

Morata clear on goal and the ref blows the whistle xD

Twat couldn't make it any more obvious with his bias officiating the entire first half.