talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Ham 0-0 Chelsea - Sunday 23rd September

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 13.30
Live on Sky Sports

1200px-West_Ham_United_FC_logo.svg.png     VS     Image result for chelsea badge

Head to Head
Chelsea 1-1 West Ham
West Ham 1-0 Chelsea
West Ham 1-2 Chelsea 
West Ham 2-1 Chelsea (League Cup)
Chelsea 2-1 West Ham

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19/09/2018 at 16:09, Cicero said:

Never going to be an easy game this. Just hoping for no defensive errors as we should have enough to do them. 

Giroud

Hazard------------Pedro

Kovacic-----Kante

Jorginho

Alonso---Luiz---Rudiger---Dave

Kepa 

Best team we can field, if Pedro manages to recover in time. If not Willian instead of him, the main players pretty rested think we should be fully fit for this one. Our away record at West Ham is poor three points out of the possible nine in the league. However this season is completely different with a manager that actually attacks. Love the "London derby" and doubt West Ham hates anyone more than us in the league. 

I'll go for a 1-3 win for the mighty blues.

Until West Ham got their first win last weekend, me and my family had been saying that this would be the game where they get their first 3 points and subsequently the first game where we drop them. 

Last weekend of course changes things but I still go into this game thinking West Ham will get something from it as they tend to raise their game against us. Arnautovic also loves having an amazing game against us also. Despite this, no matter how West Ham play or what happens during the game, we will only have ourselves to blame if we don’t walk away with the three points which we should be getting.

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

anyone else a bit bored by this game?

Indeed, West Ham have played Chelsea very well and should've scored through Antonio.

In the few games I've watched Chelsea this season, Kante looks very ineffective in Sarri's system. I feel like he has too much attacking responsibility,

We’ve been culpable of giving the ball away in poor areas in the second period of that first half. Everyone’s done it and hence it would be unfair to single him out but no surprise to see Willian to be one of the key culprits. Does this more often and not and it would be vintage of him to score today at the same time, trademark Willian.

Our centre backs have been too slow in moving the ball particuarly Rudiger who despite taking his time to measure his pass today still hasn’t been accurate enough. Need more tempo from the centre backs.

West Ham are taking advantage of our carelessness in possession and their wide players are breaking quick and finding a lot of space with a change of play which looks an obvious tactic. Need to up the tempo second half.

• The title was changed to West Ham 0-0 Chelsea - Sunday 23rd September
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived