talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Road to Perú 2019 - U17 World Cup Qualifiers

football forum

I did one similar to this with India last year, now lets do it with us.

The U17 World Cup which will be hosted in Peru next year has had its first 2 nations qualified. The Solomon Islands and New Zealand, while Asian qualys are going on right now.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Blue said:

Both games ended 2-0 this morning.

Oman beating Yemen and Indonesia beating Iran ( :o )

Fast game, perhaps too fast for Iran side. Very enjoyable game to watch.
Iran DM not as fast for Indonesian speedy players.

Both of these twin brothers scored

24463-bagas-kaffa-dan-bagus-kahfi.jpg

34 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

I'm expecting Iran to bow out in the group stages after this lose.

Vietnam in these muggy, humid and wet conditions will give Iran a lot of problems. Thier boys showed that they are not ready for such conditions.

I unfortunately missed the Iran game, but losing to Indonesia early on is not a good sign, especially with Vietnam getting far each youth tournament.

I think this is South East Asia's tournament. Its early days but I've not been impressed with Japan. Haven't seen South Korea yet but I'd like to reserve judgement given how things have been going. Meanwhile I've liked the look of Thailand and Malaysia.

Australia have a good chance to reach this World Cup, but I can't ignore their recent youth international record, it is atrocious.

Very even game here. I like the look of India's Vikram Partap and Ridge Melvin Demello. The former is constantly finding space to receive the end of crosses or through balls. The latter is showing a lot of flair and good dribbling ability, causing Vietnam's defence problems.

Unfortunately, they have a clear weakness on their left side. Vietnam are exploiting it and it will cost them at some point in this tournament if they don't fix the issue.

India beat Vietnam 1-0 with a Vikram Partap penalty being the deciding factor. No stand out talent in this one, but Ridge Melvin Demello looked interesting.

Meanwhile, North Korea drew 2-2 with Jordan.

35 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Are people excited in Peru @Blue :)

I would say so - it wasn't huge news but big enough to say yes.

I think this is part to us already having hosted the U17 World Cup 14 years ago. I'm going to try and go to as many as I can. Outside of Peru of course, I will try to catch Solomon Islands games :D

Malaysia to take on Thailand in a bit. The latter needs to win or they are more than likely out, while Malaysia will look to keep trying and make an impression here.

Not sure how far he will make it but this Luqman Hakim is a proper forward. He's so bloody quick, good off the ball and is such a brave player that he has all the quality to make it further than just the Malaysian league. 

5 goals in 2 games so far. 

So Luqman Hakim got sent off for a Nigel de Jong tackle and now he misses the game against Japan. I should also mention that the game was at 2-2 by that point. Thailand ended winning 4-2, continuing to cement their position as Southeast Asia's best team at all levels.

Jakkrapong, Waragon and Suphanat all looked quality players. I think they'll be one of the 4 going to Peru.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Blue said:

So Luqman Hakim got sent off for a Nigel de Jong tackle and now he misses the game against Japan. I should also mention that the game was at 2-2 by that point. Thailand ended winning 4-2, continuing to cement their position as Southeast Asia's best team at all levels.

Jakkrapong, Waragon and Suphanat all looked quality players. I think they'll be one of the 4 going to Peru.

Suphanat Mueanta is arguably Thailand's biggest young talent. He already made it to the first team of his club this season, scored a few goals and won the league title with them this weekend with 3 matchdays left; all that at a tender age of 16... 

Hope Thailand make it. They are capable of playing lovely football.

40 minutes ago, nudge said:

Suphanat Mueanta is arguably Thailand's biggest young talent. He already made it to the first team of his club this season, scored a few goals and won the league title with them this weekend with 3 matchdays left; all that at a tender age of 16... 

Hope Thailand make it. They are capable of playing lovely football.

I looked him up 2 days ago and was surprised at his record - for Buriram too which is no small feat at his age. 

I think Thailand will make it. To me, they've been the best team (haven't seen South Korea yet). Japan has been seriously underwhelming and Australia are being Australia in youths as always. I hope they do too. They are the team I'd most like to see live from this tournament.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Blue said:

I looked him up 2 days ago and was surprised at his record - for Buriram too which is no small feat at his age. 

I think Thailand will make it. To me, they've been the best team (haven't seen South Korea yet). Japan has been seriously underwhelming and Australia are being Australia in youths as always. I hope they do too. They are the team I'd most like to see live from this tournament.

Yeah he hasn't played THAT much for Buriram in the Thai league yet; made his debut this year and mostly sits on the bench or comes on late as a sub, but that's not surprising at his age... He follows the footsteps of his older brother who also came through Buriram's youth ranks; a good player too and was voted Thailand's best young player last season. I follow Muangthong as they were the first club whose match I attended in Thailand, but Buriram is such a well run club with a great setup and a good balance between good experienced players and promising youth talents...

Sadly I don't have any time to watch the qualifiers this time.

2 hours ago, Blue said:

I found Iraq vs Australia. After missing the first Joeys game, I found the next. Good news.

Look forward to this.

Where do you watch the games to Brian? Is it streams?

9 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Where do you watch the games to Brian? Is it streams?

Yeah, I look for them and go to extreme methods such as using Kodi if I can't find anything.

Since the World Cup is in Peru, I want to make a proper analysis on every single team that qualifies, and for that I have to watch the qualifiers.

4 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

The world worst's hypocrite. Belittled the tournament when I would bring it up, saying who cares about them, only the senior teams matter now you are all into it?? Guess you finally got over Mexico winning it in Peru by defeating the big dog of the conmebol, Brazil. (No handballs needed, leave that for the minnow countries)

Someone is on their time of the month xD

First of, I still stand by that U17 national teams only have 3 or 4 players that actually end up making the NT.

Secondly, opinions can change. It doesn't make me a liar.

3 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

It makes you a hypocrite, I'm sorry. One day you belittle it, the next day it gets full coverage from the GOAT twitter journalist :ay: nunca cambies mamarraCho.  

Whatever floats your boat bud. Keep manipulating posts and blowing them out of proportion. I'm sure it will make you a better person.

Archived