talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Road to Perú 2019 - U17 World Cup Qualifiers

football forum

South Korea won 7-0. I watched until the 5th goal before I passed out and went to bed.

They have unsurprisingly been the best team of the tournament, with their number 10 Hong Yun Sang looking like the real deal. As always, churning out quality attacking midfielders.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today is the big one. Malaysia vs Japan, however I am also keen to see how Suphanat Mueanta does so I'll have both games on!

I always struggle with 2 games at a time. I'm willing to make an exception with this upcoming World Cup and qualifiers. I have to do it with the Copa Peru on Sundays. How do you do it with the UCL @Stan

So erm, looks like both games will be delayed due to rain. Thanks for that monsoon, making us wake up in the America's at 3 AM for nothing.

New kick off time is at 10 PM Peru time. That really makes things difficult for me if I want to see tomorrow's games.

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, Blue said:

Today is the big one. Malaysia vs Japan, however I am also keen to see how Suphanat Mueanta does so I'll have both games on!

I always struggle with 2 games at a time. I'm willing to make an exception with this upcoming World Cup and qualifiers. I have to do it with the Copa Peru on Sundays. How do you do it with the UCL @Stan

One on the laptop. One on TV. One on my phone. 

Usually one of them is the Goals Show on BT sport which has live coverage of all the games so any updates and goals coverage is instant. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

One on the laptop. One on TV. One on my phone. 

Usually one of them is the Goals Show on BT sport which has live coverage of all the games so any updates and goals coverage is instant. 

I meant how do you analyse it? Analysing games is one of my passions and when I watch 2 games at a time I find it difficult. Like I said, I have to do it every sunday xD

From your posts, you do pretty well at it tbf

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Blue said:

I meant how do you analyse it? Analysing games is one of my passions and when I watch 2 games at a time I find it difficult. Like I said, I have to do it every sunday xD

From your posts, you do pretty well at it tbf

Thanks. Just have a good attention to detail I guess. 

I'm the exception to the rule 'men can't multitask' :117_eyes:

Wouldn't be surprised if Japan goes out here. They have been underwhelming again. Malaysia look lively going forward and for once are actually defending decently well.

Japan are genuine garbage. So imprecise and create no danger at all. I can't believe Thailand bottled their game against these. They are clearly better.

As I type that, they go 1-0 up and its off another defensive error. They have done fuck all otherwise. 

Japan won 2-0 in the end. Meanwhile Tajikistan got a shock win against Thailand and are through to the next round!

Shame for the Thai's, I wanted to see more of Suphanat and Jakkrapong.

Now its North Korea vs Oman and Yemen vs Jordan!

It's been a mad 2 matches. Jordan are bottling their chance. Oman are down 2-0, but fortunately for them so are Jordan!

As things stand, its Oman vs Japan and Tajikistan vs DPR Korea in the next round.

This Yemen - Jordan game is mad. After Yemen scored their first, I switched to Twitter to tweet it out, I hear that the commentator is yelling and see they scored a 2nd.

After they scored their third, I do the same thing and miss their 4th goal. They were scored in the space of 2 minutes.

This match has a real resemblance of Brazil vs Germany. Anyways, Jordan are done.

I fell asleep for these last few games, so I missed them but Australia won 4-0, while South Korea won 2-0. Both qualified,

Matchups

India vs S. Korea

Australia vs Indonesia

Japan vs Oman

North Korea vs Tajikistan

Winners of each qualify for Peru 2019.

Japan have looked excellent here, their best performance thus far. Not as much turning over the ball and more precise. That Ishikawa is a proper playmaker, although still not on Hong Yung-Sang levels. 

They are currently 1-0 up against Oman after an own goal, but have throughly deserved their lead.

1-1 :o

Tariq scores a header to equalize for Oman.

This Mulham Al-Sinaidi is really good. Dictates the play just by sprinting forward and has the stamina of a stallion at least for his age.

Japan very lightweight as they usually are. Oman have been taking it to them here. No team is clearly dominating but the Omani's are showing a good attitude. 1-1 at the half.

Oman finally concede in the 81st minute. Ishikawa unsurprisingly gets the ball into Toyama for the likely winner.

2-1 and Japan only 10 minutes away from the U17 World Cup!

Australia have beaten Indonesia 3-2 to qualify for the World Cup! Finally an Australian youth team qualified for something.

South Korea vs India next for the final spot in #Peru2019 from AFC.

Forgot to post it, but here are the sides qualified so far

Peru

Solomon Islands

New Zealand

Australia

Japan

Tajikistan

South Korea

Currently the AFCU16 semi's are playing. Australia leading Japan deservedly. I am really growing into this Joeys team. They are quite good it has to be said.

Archived