talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood - 2019 Tarantino Movie

football forum

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That cast is impressive, although I'm kind of worried about Margot Robbie being in the hands of such a perverted director. Hope it'll be good. We don't get to see DiCaprio all that often anymore. 

• 5 months later...
41 minutes ago, Toinho said:

You’re boring aren’t ya 

He is, and usually miserable, but I agree a little bit? I mean, they're not shit, but I don't get the hype. Usually when I see a Tarantino Film I enjoy it.. but it doesn't stick with me. There's no movie that he has done that would stick with me as a classic. They're sometimes enjoyable and entertaining, but that's it. 

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

He is, and usually miserable, but I agree a little bit? I mean, they're not shit, but I don't get the hype. Usually when I see a Tarantino Film I enjoy it.. but it doesn't stick with me. There's no movie that he has done that would stick with me as a classic. They're sometimes enjoyable and entertaining, but that's it. 

Reservoir dogs for me. 

I liked the trailer. Really enjoy the majority of Tarantinos films. Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction are both classics, not sure I'd lump in any of his other films in that category though.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It’s good, but that’s it for me.

first hour and a half genuinely nothing happens, there is no storyline, no nothing. Fragments of character and story development that’s about it. About an hour and a half-2 hours in something begins to build, I’d say a storyline but that’s too strong a word. It’s more like the opening lines of jokes being set up for all the punch lines to be said in the final scene of the film.

Honestly I was bored dead for the first hour and 15. Started to pick up after that and the last 45 minutes or so, maybe longer is when the film builds up and gets entertaining. Some laugh out loud moments, tension built up and relieved, gory bits in there too....film finishes and whilst I really, really, really enjoyed the final scene I got up thinking there was no actual point, no storyline whatsoever other than a couple of little character developments along the way

I did really enjoy Pitt and Di Caprio in it, on a side note there was absolutely no point in putting Margot Robbie in it. None whatsoever, her character could be played by anyone and she was severely underused considering she’s an amazing actor

Damian Lewis cameo was strange too

9 hours ago, Danny said:

Just don’t see how the first hour or so is nothing other than boring and pointless :what:

The first hour has some of the funniest parts in it. The film is basically the story of an actor trying to navigate Hollywood...which is exactly what the first hour was wasn't it? 

I loved every minute of it myself. But different strokes and that 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

The first hour has some of the funniest parts in it. The film is basically the story of an actor trying to navigate Hollywood...which is exactly what the first hour was wasn't it? 

I loved every minute of it myself. But different strokes and that 

Nothing happened, literally nothing. The first hour could have been summed up in a ten minute scene... the Bruce Li scene was weird and I’m not sure what the point in it was?

Just didn’t think it picked up until he met the little girl and even then it was a bit slow and lacking direction 

21 minutes ago, Danny said:

Nothing happened, literally nothing. The first hour could have been summed up in a ten minute scene... the Bruce Li scene was weird and I’m not sure what the point in it was?

Just didn’t think it picked up until he met the little girl and even then it was a bit slow and lacking direction 

Well I enjoyed the world building that was done in the first act, I enjoyed seeing his place in Hollywood.

Archived