• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Will Celtic win the League?

football forum

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Of course they will, if they don't catch up with Hearts/Rangers around January they'll sack Rodgers and throw a load of money at it. They're the Bayern of Scotland whether they're having a slow start or not.

I genuinely think Rangers can push them close, if Rangers get a lead on Celtic in the next couple of months, I can see pressure increasing on Rodgers (though, I’m not sure how much he can be blamed for the club not releasing funds to replace departing players). 

The problem is partly Rodgers' inflexibility with regard to his system. But I don't blame him because we all know exactly how he is and his systematic way of thinking is both a weakness and a strength. When you sign a manager for so much money, it's mad not to splash out the tiny amount needed to give him the players he needs to make it work.

I'm still basically confident, purely because I don't think the performances can get any worse, and I also don't think that, as improved as they are, that Rangers and Hearts can keep up such a level all season.

The fear factor has completely gone after an absolutely dismal summer.

Tierney and Griffiths aside, all the players Brendan Rodgers earmarked as important for the rebuild of Celtic Football Club as a competitive side in The Champions League have left and not been replaced. I'm a little surprised he didnt walk and wait for an established Premier League side to panic sack somebody.

Regardless if they win the league or not, this season has to be looked at as a failure. They've gone backwards in terms of ability to a time before Brendan arrived and got them organised. 

I imagine Brendan will walk at the end of the season, and if Celtic are in danger of having competition for the title they'll just sign the best players elsewhere like they did in the 2012-13 season.

On 25/09/2018 at 17:17, Lucas said:

Celtic to have the league wrapped up by April.

Hearts are gash and will drop away like there's no tomorrow and Rangers squad will tire. 

I've been impressed with Hearts so far. They seem to have a similar spirit and togetherness as they had all those years ago under George Burley, albeit with less quality.

Hearts remain unbeaten in the SPL and are five clear of fierce rivals Hibs. Celtic are six behind Hearts in 4th and Rangers are eight points behind the leaders, though they’re playing this afternoon against Livingston. 

I’d love to see a different winner in the SPL, but particularly one of the two Edinburgh sides. A winner from the capital, for the first time since 1960 and breaking the monotony of the title moving across Glasgow, would be great for the game up there. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

My son is a Jambo and went to the match yesterday v Aberdeen when they sacked Cathro and repointed Craig Levein my son did his nut and said that was a big mistake bringing Levein as manager back and Hearts would go backwards and not forward under Levein...my laddie has gone all quiet at this moment in time. :whistling: 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 25/09/2018 at 17:17, Lucas said:

Celtic to have the league wrapped up by April.

Hearts are gash and will drop away like there's no tomorrow and Rangers squad will tire. 

Hearts are indeed still gash and 23pts behind.

Rangers have tired and fallen away and think its fair to say Celtic win Sunday and thats the title done by April.

21 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Hearts are indeed still gash and 23pts behind.

Rangers have tired and fallen away and think its fair to say Celtic win Sunday and thats the title done by April.

I wouldn't say we've tired. We've been playing a similar formation that has been struggling to break down defences. Celtic will come at us which should let us in behind.

I don't expect to win although it'll be a better game for us.

Archived