• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Carabao Cup 2018/19 - Third Round Match Chat

football forum

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I'm well chuffed with that. I've been convinced since the draw was made and the possibility of penalties was quite high that we were going to lose on penalties.

Danny Ward the hero. 3 penalties saved out of 4 faced is superb.

Pretty drab game on the whole but I always want the cups taking seriously, even this one.

Fingers crossed for Blackpool at home.

3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

I would agree with that,

When he came to us from Porto he was on top of his game and gave us back to back title wins, turned the team from being inconsistent into a very solid defensive unit that just kept getting results, The money obviously helped but he gelled that team and you could see they were hungry and wanted to win but you see him at United now and he seems a shell of the man he once was... He has money at United but can't seem to get the mix right or the team just don't buy into his ideas.

His dream was to manage United and I am fairly sure in his mind he was going to take them back to the top and make them as feared as they were under Ferguson except that at Chelsea this sudden change in the side was acceptable from what it was even though what the team were lacking in flair they made up for in consistency game after game.. with United however they have always been a flair team and he is trying to turn them into something else.. Obviously that is just not good from a fans point of view having had all them good years under Ferguson... 

You just get the feeling that he has lost something along the way.. Can't doubt he is a winner but maybe taking on United was a step too far, He couldn't ever replicate what Fergie had there... United just don't suit a defensive style of play... 

I think it's two things.

1. Non attractive football is pretty out of fashion right now. 

2. The weight of negative press from previous managerial departures means he doesn't get much good will from players,  media or fans. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

#LIV Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Matip, Moreno, Keita, Fabinho, Milner, Shaqiri, Mane, Sturridge 

#CFC Caballero, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Cahill, Emerson, Fabregas, Kovacic, Barkley, Moses, Willian, Morata 

Not bad from us. 

Morata up front.... That greatly reduces the goal threat straight off the bat

Win or lose it should be a good open game of football... 

• Administrator
Just now, Bluewolf said:

You only have yourself to blame.. your expectation of Brentford is far too high

I was joking xD. It'd be nice if Brentford caused a shock but can't see it happening.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived