• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Carabao Cup 2018/19 - Third Round Match Chat

football forum

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It was good for his confidence he scored... but defensively he seems like such a massive liability. Both left backs today are players that are not anywhere near the level defensively you'd want at either club.

Emerson hasn't had a good run of games tbf. 

• Subscriber

Tottenham won on penalties.

Thought the televised game was decent. Even though Hazard is Chelsea's only elite threat going forward I think they can match Liverpool in midfield when both are full strength so should be an interesting game on Saturday.

What was this all about between Klopp and Shaqiri?? Looks like he was having a right old pop... Thought Shaqqiri put in a decent nights graft for you lot myself... 

Shaqiri standing there looking like he had just been caught climbing out his daughters bedroom window... 

3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

What was this all about between Klopp and Shaqiri?? Looks like he was having a right old pop... Thought Shaqqiri put in a decent nights graft for you lot myself... 

Shaqiri standing there looking like he had just been caught climbing out his daughters bedroom window... 

That's just klopp being klopp imo. He's a  expressive dude. It doesn't look like anything significant at all.

We opened the first 30 minutes in excellent style, we had chances and we controlled the game. After that Liverpool took charge until half time. In the second we could have been easily 3-0 down with Sturridge missing an open goal. Basically equalised in the first chance we had in the second half, and a moment of brilliance from Eden got us the win. Was it deserved? was it a good performance? Hardly. However we are a building team, not the final product and as soon as we correct our flaws the better. I believe we will see a completely different game on Saturday, with both teams in their full squads. 

Players that were good last night: Moses, Hazard, Caballero, Kante and Luiz when they came on. Hell even Cesc had a good game for his standards. Christensen probably showed Sarri that he can't start in this team, he had three or four critical mistakes that could led to goals. Too many for this level of football.

Will be interesting to see how Liverpool come back from this. Although it was a weakened team once you loose you can loose that air if invincibility about you

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Arsenal are the team of the round, played so well to keep out an inform team,  Welbeck player of the round also with 2 clinically taken goals.  

xDxD 

hitting the good stuff early I see. 

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Why are Everton next week? 

Can't play same day with Liverpool playing at home as well. Everton & Chelsea didn't want to play on the Tuesday either because both played on Sunday. Liverpool/Chelsea couldn't have been delayed a week cos they're both playing European games next week. 

On 25/09/2018 at 22:12, Smiley Culture said:

I fucking hate Phil Jones. I get up at 6.30am rain and shine, sit on the fucking Central Line and pay for the privilege to be transported in a worse condition than you’d transport cattle and I sit and work my bollocks off, often without a lunch break for a bog standard wage and that gangly, uncoordinated no talent bags probably double, maybe triple my annual wage in a week for playing Football. He’s as talented at Football as I am and I’m fucking shit. I shouldn’t be near a professional football club and neither should Phil Jones. 

I’d be apoplectic if I were a United fan.  

On 25/09/2018 at 22:14, DeadLinesman said:

Fucking gurning faced prick.

9 hours ago, Panna King said:

Arsenal are the team of the round, played so well to keep out an inform team,  Welbeck player of the round also with 2 clinically taken goals.  

You being sarcastic?

25 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I am not entirely sure why Phil Jones is copping all the flack to be honest... poor bloke

United had 96 minutes to put the tie to bed why blame it all on him?? 

The loss wasn’t his fault. You just knew he was never scoring that penalty. And he’s got a face only a mother could love.

On 27/09/2018 at 21:38, Panna King said:

No i am very positive about the form of the team, Welbeck needed those goals. 

One positive thing is that in our last 2 premier league games we didn't play well but still won. Would we have done that last season? Not so sure 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived