talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Carabao Cup 2018/19 - Fourth Round Draw

football forum

• Administrator

Taking place at it's usual slot after the final game of the round at 9pm on Saturday. To be shown on Quest during the highlight's programme. 

Sorry, Everton and Southampton - you don't get highlights of your match.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/09/2018 at 22:13, Bluewolf said:

Get the weird feeling that Derby are destined to draw us next which means we are going through tomorrow which is good news... 

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Lampard returning to Chelsea, oh my days. 

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Some things are just meant to be.... 

2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Can’t wait to see 45 year-old Yer Da’s wearing ‘Lampard 8’ shirts holding up awful homemade banners. 

I will get started on mine tonight... going to use lots of highlighters as well because I want it to stand out from all the low grade efforts... 

• Subscriber

Not a great draw for us. We could get past Southampton and Leicester but City, Chelsea and Arsenal are all bankers. Spurs could join United and Liverpool on the sidelines but we could have done with a home draw and two of the remaining four stronger sides against each other or something. Oh well.

On 29/09/2018 at 23:36, Cicero said:

Bound to happen. Least Mount wont play. 

Lampard has made a special request ahead of the game... 

Derby County boss Frank Lampard will ask Chelsea for permission to play loan stars Mason Mount and Fikayo Tomori against their parent club in the Carabao Cup. Both youngsters have been mainstays in Lampard’s side this season, with Tomori making nine appearances while Mount has netted three times in his 10 Championship outings. They also played a role in the penalty shootout victory over Manchester United at Old Trafford, which earned Derby a fourth-round trip to Stamford Bridge to face Chelsea.

While Premier League rules dictate that loan players cannot play against their parent club, EFL regulations will permit it if an agreement in writing is made between the two clubs. And Lampard, who spent 13 years at Chelsea, is hopeful that his old club will allow both Tomori and Mount to play in the fourth-round tie.

‘It is a conversation to be had and I think it is Chelsea-led because they are their players,’ said Lampard. ‘I am pretty sure it will be Chelsea’s decision.

‘I think everyone knows what my decision would be, so it will be up to them.’

Go on do it.. let them play.... bit of a daft rule anyway in my opinion... 

2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Lampard has made a special request ahead of the game... 

Derby County boss Frank Lampard will ask Chelsea for permission to play loan stars Mason Mount and Fikayo Tomori against their parent club in the Carabao Cup. Both youngsters have been mainstays in Lampard’s side this season, with Tomori making nine appearances while Mount has netted three times in his 10 Championship outings. They also played a role in the penalty shootout victory over Manchester United at Old Trafford, which earned Derby a fourth-round trip to Stamford Bridge to face Chelsea.

While Premier League rules dictate that loan players cannot play against their parent club, EFL regulations will permit it if an agreement in writing is made between the two clubs. And Lampard, who spent 13 years at Chelsea, is hopeful that his old club will allow both Tomori and Mount to play in the fourth-round tie.

‘It is a conversation to be had and I think it is Chelsea-led because they are their players,’ said Lampard. ‘I am pretty sure it will be Chelsea’s decision.

‘I think everyone knows what my decision would be, so it will be up to them.’

Go on do it.. let them play.... bit of a daft rule anyway in my opinion... 

Why is it daft? They are still our players?

Normally I wouldn't mind given the competition, however the more I think about it the more a trophy under Sarri's first season will do the club well. 

Don't want another Courtois moment where our on loan player is essentially the reason why we got knocked out. The saves he made in the semi final in 2014 were incredible. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Why is it daft? They are still our players?

Normally I wouldn't mind given the competition, however the more I think about it the more a trophy under Sarri's first season will do the club well. 

Don't want another Courtois moment where our on loan player is essentially the reason why we got knocked out. The saves he made in the semi final in 2014 were incredible. 

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

Personally i would be against it, we don't allow players that are loaned to play against their parent club. Some of our loaned players could easily kick us out of any competition.  

Should be part of the risk.... 

We deem them good enough to be able to have the potential to be instrumental in defeating us and yet not good enough to be able to break through into the first team at Chelsea and play for us... Seems daft that they go on loan to get game time at another club then get denied a chance to play in the Cup just because they get unlucky and draw against the club that has loaned them out... 

• Administrator

Burton vs Forest (Tues) and Chelsea vs Derby (Weds) unsurprisingly chosen for Sky Sports coverage.

I welcome that a all-EFL tie has been chosen. And despite crying out regularly for something like that to be chosen, I am surprised the London derby between West Ham & Spurs hasn't been chosen.

Chelsea vs Frank Lampard's Derby has purely been chosen because of that man in charge of the Rams.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived