talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jordan Pickford Signs New Everton Contract

• Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45658520

England goalkeeper Jordan Pickford aims to become an "Everton legend" after signing a new six-year deal with the Premier League club.

The 24-year-old joined Everton from Sunderland in 2017 and was named the club's player of the year after his debut season.

He was England's number one during their run to the final four of the World Cup in July.

"I want to become the best person as a goalkeeper I can be," Pickford said.

He added the decision to join the club had moved his career on "without question".

"Hopefully, we can get the success for the fans to earn the right to be a legend at Everton one day, each and every one of us," he said.

"I want to play as many games as I can for the club, that's my goal now."

Everton paid an initial £25m, rising to £30m, for Pickford when he joined Goodison Park last year.

Pickford has played in all six of Everton's Premier League matches this season, with the club 12th in the table.

He made his senior international debut in August 2017 and was named man of the match when England beat Sweden in the last eight of the World Cup to reach the semi-finals for the first time since 1990.

Pickford last played for England in their friendly against Spain at Wembley in September, which the hosts lost 2-1.

"When I made the move last year I thought Everton would be a great club to come to and the right step in my career," Pickford added.

"Hopefully, I can continue to progress, become a better goalkeeper each and every day and keep that England number one shirt as well."

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite the ever decreasing point of a contract in Football, you can’t knock Everton for waving more money under Pickford’s nose after only his second season in the Premier League (his first with Everton) and the World Cup he had where he has all but secured the England number one jersey, to put off his suitors for another couple of years at least. 

9 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Despite the ever decreasing point of a contract in Football, you can’t knock Everton for waving more money under Pickford’s nose after only his second season in the Premier League (his first with Everton) and the World Cup he had where he has all but secured the England number one jersey, to put off his suitors for another couple of years at least. 

Nothing wrong with tying him down to a new contract but where's he going in the next couple of years? None of the top six will be looking for a keeper

39 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Nothing wrong with tying him down to a new contract but where's he going in the next couple of years? None of the top six will be looking for a keeper

You can't really say that as fact but Tottenham will need/want a keeper in a couple of years, for definite, based solely on the fact Hugo Lloris is in his 30's. Will Ederson, De Gea, Kepa or Allison still be at their current clubs or will a Barca, Bayern, PSG etc come in for any of those? 

25 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

You can't really say that as fact but Tottenham will need/want a keeper in a couple of years, for definite, based solely on the fact Hugo Lloris is in his 30's. Will Ederson, De Gea, Kepa or Allison still be at their current clubs or will a Barca, Bayern, PSG etc come in for any of those? 

Tottenham possibly, fair enough. I don't see any of the others moving, no.

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Why people are taking about him moving when he already plays for the biggest club in Europe is beyond me.

Why do you have that player in your signature when you support Everton?

Pfffft, cyuunt.

Archived