The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool - Saturday 29th September

football forum

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He’s in shit hot form

Without his goals and creativity we struggle though... Unlike Liverpool you seem to have more consistent goalscorers in the side so even though Salah might struggle you still have goals in the side... us not so much

5 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Neither of these sides are fit to breath the same air as Manchester City. 

So far this Chelsea look like the best side we’ve faced in 2018 barring Real Madrid, including those matches against City in the CL. So I think it’s a pretty good match so far.

Even though we’re losing it’s 2 sides playing swashbuckling stuff. If we keep the pace and intensity up we will keep making chances and get back into it.

We’ve got to be less sloppy in the final third. Story of our season so far.

So far this Chelsea look like the best side we’ve faced in 2018 barring Real Madrid, including those matches against City in the CL. So I think it’s a pretty good match so far.

Even though we’re losing it’s 2 sides playing swashbuckling stuff. If we keep the pace and intensity up we will keep making chances and get back into it.

We’ve got to be less sloppy in the final third. Story of our season so far.

There should be a points deduction for teams that play negative football.... 

I thought it was deserved xD I guess we’re not that biased.

I know he was going in for the tackle but all just ended in a bit of a tumble rather than a bad challenge for me... A free kick for bringing him down but worth a yellow I think not.. 

I thought it was deserved xD I guess we’re not that biased.

Got to think about the spirit in which the game is being played though.. nothing malicious going on but petty competitive as you would expect.. Refs need to apply some common sense rather than going for the easy option... talk to the player first if you think they are getting a bit out of hand.. 

Halftime thoughts: I’m irritated we’re down a goal. But our performance has been good and it didn’t come from some stupid mistake, it was a good goal from a good player in a good side in a good moment of good football.

I’m enjoying that both sides are giving it a go and it’s big sides playing without being a cagey snoozefest.

I’m seriously impressed with this Chelsea side. Not many sides have tried to give it a go against us and Chelsea are going toe to toe and looking relatively comfortable, although we’ve had our moments. I think we’ve had more chances.

I think we can still grab an equaliser and I hope we can at least grab a point from this. But I really really would like to see our front 3 go back to the sharpness they had last season and us getting a comfy result in the second half.

I think it's been a good game so far from both sides. We've not been bad and going in at the break one down is a little harsh on us with the way the games gone. I think we'll get more openings in the second half and we need to be better in the final third

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Got to think about the spirit in which the game is being played though.. nothing malicious going on but petty competitive as you would expect.. Refs need to apply some common sense rather than going for the easy option... talk to the player first if you think they are getting a bit out of hand.. 

I don’t think it was malicious, but it was a little reckless. I wasn’t surprised by the yellow, not just as a warning for Mane, but sort of a message to not let the match get out of control with reckless tackles. Which if it stays as open but we’re not as clinical, with frustration building up I don’t want to see this entertaining match blow up with injuries or red cards. I’m not a ref or have any idea what being a ref is like, but that would be my reasoning for giving a yellow.

But I see where you’re coming from too. 

34 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Neither of these sides are fit to breathe the same air as Manchester City. 

The same Man City who we always knock fuck out of? Chelsea have been our best opponents so far this season. 

• The title was changed to Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool - Saturday 29th September
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived