• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool - Saturday 29th September

football forum

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Honestly I’m a bit gutted out winning run in the league is over, but a point away from home against a Chelsea that good is a good result.

This Chelsea were the best side we’ve faced in a very long time.

I think it was an important result today.

Had resigned myself to defeat with about five minutes to go. When you have two cleared off the line and Shaqiri misses a chance like that it just felt like it wasn't going to be our day. What a fucking way to equalise though, absolute belter

5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Citeh have a +20 goal difference over us after 7 games. Just let they sink in.......

I'll never feel sorry for someone who has seen 13 league titles xD

Fair result after a terrific game of football. Throughout the past several years, it honestly feels like Liverpool have the advantage at the Bridge and we have the advantage at Anfield. Liverpool love screamers here. xD

With Liverpool, it was a matter of poor finishing whereas with us, it was a matter of poor decision making in the final third. Hazard and Willian are guilty of slowing the play down, however the former provides much more in regards to overall creativity. Moses is Moses and Morata is Morata. Giroud was in VVD's pocket the entire game, who I'm convinced is the best CB in the league now. Looked like Terry the way he commanded everything. David Luiz and Ruidger did well given the amount of holes our midfield exposed. This is still a work in progress I believe. 

I love Sarri. It's great to actually play progressive football and to actually force teams to let us play our way when we would normally sit back and defend. Looking forward to every match now given Sarri will always stick with his plan. And if it isn't working, he doesn't go with plan B, he makes Plan A better. 

Still think it's between City and Liverpool given they have elite attackers whereas we solely rely on the brilliance of one player. 

7 in 8 games now for Hazard. He is slowly proving my point in regards to being held back. 

5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Can you not bring your negative vibes into this otherwise jolly thread please mate... you are putting us all on a downer

I can and I will.

6 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I'll never feel sorry for someone who has seen 13 league titles xD

You can and you will.

I still remember when Rodgers and Mourinho were "friends" and after the 2-0 (the one with the Gerrard slip) Jose ran out without shaking his hand upsetting Brendan xD

Great to see Sturridge grab the game by the scruff of the neck like that.  that's the quality we know he has.

Making a very solid case for more starts especially the way our attack is playing currently. Salah or firmino on form worthy of dropping out of the 11.

11 minutes ago, Spike said:

It is pretty amazing that Sarri has implemented his style on the club so quicky. You wouldn't think that Mourinho and Conte were the last two managers. Maybe the secret is in the cigarettes. 

Klopp also smokes (granted I don’t think he’s quite as famous for chain smoking as Sarri - 80 a day is mental), maybe that’s why he gets on with Sarri so well.

Honestly I think the key to the style being implemented so well is Jorginho. He was instrumental to Napoli last system, he’s the sides metronome - and the lynchpin to Sarri’s system last season. Honestly I think Jorginho is just as important to you as Hasard. You take him out and I think it fundamentally changes your midfield.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Klopp also smokes (granted I don’t think he’s quite as famous for chain smoking as Sarri - 80 a day is mental), maybe that’s why he gets on with Sarri so well.

Honestly I think the key to the style being implemented so well is Jorginho. He was instrumental to Napoli last system, he’s the sides metronome - and the lynchpin to Sarri’s system last season. Honestly I think Jorginho is just as important to you as Hasard. You take him out and I think it fundamentally changes your midfield.

I never thought Jorginho would become the player he is. Maybe it is because I had never seem that much of him before but I never would have supposed he was the Xavi/Alonso/Pirlo type that controls the tempo. Fantastic player, a joy to watch.  

2 hours ago, Spike said:

I never thought Jorginho would become the player he is. Maybe it is because I had never seem that much of him before but I never would have supposed he was the Xavi/Alonso/Pirlo type that controls the tempo. Fantastic player, a joy to watch.  

Last season he was the player I wanted us to sign the most. I’m actually very jealous you got him. Yeah he was like the Pirlo of Napoli last year and he was great. I had no doubt he’s adapt to Sarri’s system at Chelsea, because he was such a massive part of his system at Napoli.

• The title was changed to Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool - Saturday 29th September
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived