talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Eden Hazard

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fairness to him he does not have or never has had the very cream of player quality around him that the likes of Madrid or Barcelona have so he will always be considered ( as long as he stays with us that is ) just that slight level below them... 

He still has some outstanding skills that put him in the very top bracket of the Premier League ( along with a number of other leagues for that matter ) and it does make you wonder what he could achieve if he were to move to a club with a greater range of talent on the pitch alongside him... 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Just how exactly is Mbappe in a higher bracket? 

Have to agree here, he needs to bring home some European silverware before he's considered in the elite bracket. Which sadly he will never achieve in Ligue 1. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Have to agree here, he needs to bring home some European silverware before he's considered in the elite bracket. Which sadly he will never achieve in Ligue 1. 

scoring and playing well in a France team that won the World Cup (and scored in the final) is not enough? But European silverware would be?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

scoring and playing well in a France team that won the World Cup (and scored in the final) is not enough? But European silverware would be?

I think so. Its not like winning a world cup is easy and he was their best young player at that tournament but he needs to be doing more on the European front than winning the domestic league because most of the people in the elite bracket have a champions league title or a europa league title to their name. I also think hes really young and I have no doubt he'll go on to get better but hes not elite just yet for me.

@Cicero was spot on about him being held back by negative systems. With a very positive Belgium he looks absolutely world class, looks even better in Sarri’s Chelsea. Has always been a class player, but in an attacking system it’s much better for everyone watching because you see a very good attacking player attack much more frequently.

No need to mention Messi or Ronaldo, they're lightyears ahead of everyone.

But when the season is right for Chelsea then Hazard is one of the best in the world and Chelsea will struggle to keep him if he carries on playing like this.

Just now, Cicero said:

Because we are notoriously known for selling our best players we want to keep...

Two years left on his current deal if he doesn't sign. If he wants to leave he will and you'll sell because you'd need the money.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

7 goals and 4 assists in 13 league games I wouldn't call gone missing. Expect more I'd say.

Just noticed he's not scored for a few games. They were calling Salah a one season wonder when he didn't score for two games

Archived