• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jeremy Corbyn - “Newcastle Utd Fans Should Have a Say!”

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/12/2018 at 22:20, CaaC - John said:

If it does go through, Newcastle could still be relegated.  :(

I don't think they'd care, probably look forward to rebuilding with investment and Sports Direct shit off their stadium

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Danny said:

I don't think they'd care, probably look forward to rebuilding with investment and Sports Direct shit off their stadium

I bet Sunderland fans are more content with their club at the minute than Newcastle, as ridiculous as that sounds. You feel like they've really got an owner who wants to make it work and that's more than Newcastle can say.

38 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Taking out a loan for something you don't own, won't get anything back from? Just seems utterly pointless to me especially in a city like Newcastle where money is tight.

You'd own the proportion of the club you'd be buying. Shares essentially.

• Subscriber

Surely in this case Kenyon could take a loan out and use that to rebuild the club and anything else that is required? Newcastle can turn profitable with some proper investment and financial structuring and they are a club in top flight English football with potential revenue sources to offset the loan as well? 

• Subscriber

Rafael Benitez: Newcastle surviving in the Premier League would be 'miracle'

24 December 2018 | From the sectionNewcastle

It would be a "miracle" if Newcastle were to avoid relegation from the Premier League, says Rafael Benitez.

The Magpies failed to win any of their opening 10 games of this campaign, but are currently 15th in the table, five points above the relegation zone.

They impressed on their return to the top flight from the Championship last season, finishing in 10th place.

"We have to be realistic and understand we will be in the bottom half for the season," said Magpies boss Benitez.

"For me, it is almost clear and if we can be better than three teams, it will be another miracle.

"It was a miracle last year. People were thinking, 'Oh, you finished 10th...', but with a couple fewer wins, we could have been in the bottom five, so it was a miracle.

"If we do the same this year with teams spending even more money than last year, it will be a miracle."

At the beginning of December, Newcastle owner Mike Ashley said he was "hopeful" of selling the club "before the January transfer window".

As well as Tottenham and Watford, Newcastle were only one of three Premier League clubs to receive more transfer fees than they spent in the summer window.

Benitez added: "I know what is coming now and I know where we are. You can see the team - the team is trying a lot of things, but still, it's not enough sometimes to get the points, and it will be like that.

"I'm trying to tell everyone, realise where we are, realise what we have to do and if we do well, fine, we can finish 10th or whatever.

"But if we think we have to beat these teams which have spent £100m, every one of them, during the summer, if we think we can beat them easily every game, no chance. We are wrong, 100%."

Benitez comes up against his former side and unbeaten Premier League leaders Liverpool on Wednesday, 26 December (kick-off 15:00 GMT).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46671474

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 05/12/2018 at 08:21, CaaC (John) said:

Newcastle United: Ex-Man Utd & Chelsea chief Peter Kenyon heads takeover consortium

By Richard Conway

BBC sports news correspondent

58 minutes ago | Newcastle

Former Chelsea and Manchester United chief executive Peter Kenyon is heading a consortium that is in talks to buy Newcastle United.

Current owner Mike Ashley said in an interview this week that discussions over a sale "are at a more progressed stage than they have ever been".

It is believed a potential deal with Kenyon is what Ashley was referring to.

Kenyon is understood to be working with the American financial advisory firm Rockefeller Capital Management.

It is unknown if a firm bid has been lodged yet.

However, Kenyon's group are short on time if the purchase is to be made prior to the start of the January transfer window.

Premier League checks and processes when clubs change hands take around 14 days to complete.

The Christmas break and Richard Scudamore's departure as executive chairman of the league later this month could also be complicating factors regarding that timeframe.

Those regulatory checks can only take place after extensive due diligence of the club's financial position, and any final negotiations and legal work has concluded between the two sides.

That makes a December purchase date optimistic - even if a deal was to be agreed in the coming days.

Other suitors are also reported to be interested in the club, which Ashley formally put up for sale in 2017.

Newcastle have twice been relegated from the Premier League under Ashley's ownership.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46451720

He's back, maybe...

6 hours ago, Harry said:

Maybe Ashley would be happier to sell to a brit?

We've had other Brits interested over the last 10 years. He doesn't seem that interested in selling full stop, otherwise it would be done by now. Like any wealthy asset holder it doesn't matter to him whether he sells tomorrow or in 20 years time. For that reason he can sit there and hold out for an inflated price whilst pretending the club is for sale.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived