talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2018/19 > 2-3rd October, 2018

football forum

Said it last week and I'll say it again. Sheffield Wednesday don't score normal goals. Adam Reach scored another ping from pretty much the same position as last week. They halted an inform West Brom with an excellent team performance.

On the flip side I was quite annoyed to hear Ipswich fans booing. Isn't this what they wanted last season? Mick out and trying to play football even if it affected results? Be careful what you wish for.

As for the other matches...

- Billy Sharpe represents everything about this Chris Wilder Sheffield United. Fantastic to see it working out for him on about the fifthteenth attempt.

- Quite mental to think that was Josh McEachran's first professional goal. It's also quite mental to think he's only 25. That said, he's definitely at the best team for his development.

- I didn't realise the fee that Leeds had paid for Tyler Roberts, but the early signs are definitely promising. A big result for them to keep them back on track.

- Norwich/Derby was always going to be a close contest with the way they've both been playing. Not surprised it all ended in a draw.

- Swansea need to be more clinical in front of goal if they're to progress up the table. With Oliver McBurnie though I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen. Credit to the Wigan keeper though whose clean sheet record for Wigan is very impressive. Nearly 1 every 2 games.

- Another plucky competitive performance from Rotherham. I swear it feels like they've done better already than they did two seasons ago.

- You know Stoke City are doing well because the media have stopped caring about them. Three wins in three now.

- The hero of the week had to be the floodlights at The City Ground. Whatever pep talk Forest had when the lights were out worked like a treat as they became a much better team in the second half.

- A massive three points for QPR. I didn't think McLaren would turn it round, but the way they've plucked victories against teams there level has been impressive.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All good things come to an end, but the achievement of our long unbeaten run at home is very impressive. We worked hard and gave it a go, but we were simply beaten by a better team who performed better on the night. Mowbray will ensure the team move on quickly and go again away at Bolton.

Archived