talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 8 Fixtures - 5th-7th October 2018

football forum

I agree with @SirBalon. Winning 3 UCL's in a row doesn't automatically give you tactical knowledge. 

Zidane is a good manager who rightfully succeeded at Real Madrid, but tactics is his weakness.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people know and some people don't know about football. There's no inbetween but there is one thing in common which is that football fans don't have to be intelligent, just follow their side.  Some people exist because they see the rest of us existing.

Anyhow, back to reality.

VALENCIA CF 1-1 FC BARCELONA (FT)

A very sterile performance from Barça considering how bad Valencia have been at home this season so far.  All the same, this as in the away fixture at Anoeta (Real Sociedad) is a game that is always extremely complicated for Barcelona and again this was proved today.  But in truth there was very little about Barça and Valencia didn't really have to do too much to gain this draw but they should also look to themselves and think that better Barça sides have lost at Mestalla not too long ago.

Just saw this xD

Translated:

Does anyone know how to configure their smartphone to recieve goal alerts for Real Madrid?  The thing is I haven’t received an alert in over 10 days. I activated them then and nothing, I don’t recieve a thing!

F4887160-A9A1-49A1-87AA-2886AD2852F2.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Whoever wants to discredit Zidane's record setting career with RM is a straight up hater or in this thread(blue) a sorry ass punk whose life revolves around forums and social media and it's only jumping on the band wagon for likes.  

I don't know who you are talking about, but even if that were true, I'd rather be that than someone full of agendas whose only purpose on here is to derail discussion and dilute the quality of the forum. Really your post has just hurt you more than it hurt me.

• Subscriber

I really do think the likes of Atletico Madrid and Sevilla should be licking their lips here. The frequency Barca and Real Madrid are dropping points is ridiculous. Both winless in 3 and both with only 1 win in 5.

Sevilla top of the league. Superb.

10 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Some people know and some people don't know about football. There's no inbetween but there is one thing in common which is that football fans don't have to be intelligent, just follow their side.  Some people exist because they see the rest of us existing.

Anyhow, back to reality.

VALENCIA CF 1-1 FC BARCELONA (FT)

A very sterile performance from Barça considering how bad Valencia have been at home this season so far.  All the same, this as in the away fixture at Anoeta (Real Sociedad) is a game that is always extremely complicated for Barcelona and again this was proved today.  But in truth there was very little about Barça and Valencia didn't really have to do too much to gain this draw but they should also look to themselves and think that better Barça sides have lost at Mestalla not too long ago.

Barcelona will have a hard time scoring this season if Suárez physical´s decline is serious. The only position where you don´t have depth. 

Once again, I also question Coutinho. I simply don´t know where his best position is. He´s too direct to be a midfielder, but when he plays as a winger, he lost possession too many times due to not being fast and strong enough, he´s easily bullied by defenders. There is no question about his talent, but he´s tough to fit in a team.

1 hour ago, El Profesor said:

Barcelona will have a hard time scoring this season if Suárez physical´s decline is serious. The only position where you don´t have depth. 

Once again, I also question Coutinho. I simply don´t know where his best position is. He´s too direct to be a midfielder, but when he plays as a winger, he lost possession too many times due to not being fast and strong enough, he´s easily bullied by defenders. There is no question about his talent, but he´s tough to fit in a team.

Yeah, the balance isn't perfect and Luis Suárez is definitely having physical issues although everyone associated with the club is denying this.  Infact he's just dropped out of the Uruguay squad for the next internationals window which tells you something.

Goals is the most difficult to acquire and most expensive part of the field...  They don't grow on trees and also, not every striker no matter how good he seems fits the same requirements at every club.  For example you get the sensation that Harry Kane would sort out Real Madrid's problems but he wouldn't fit at Barça at all!  We're going to have to see what happens with this because the solution isn't cheap and to be honest, I don't see a viable answer anywhere right at this minute.

As for Coutinho... They love him at Barça...  The press love him and the fans love the way he plays.  He's not perfect, but he does not icky a lot of boxes which is why they signed him.  For example, Valverde plays a 4-3-3 when  in possession of the ball but when the team loses the ball it reverts to a 4-4-2 in which Coutinho does have the football brain of combinative football and he slots back into place naturally....  Dembélé in this respect doesn't!  Dembélé is magic going forward and having in any team that uses a three pronged attack.  But when Barcelona lose the ball (which these days happens more frequently) it doesn't come natural to him to slot into the midfield, come inside so as to not interfere with the full-back.  Messi ends up doing the slotting in because he witnesses these things and THERE you lose improvisation which is the essential ingredient in any successful FC Barcelona side.  Like I said, Coutinho isn't perfect but he does the job very well indeed...  Remember, there's no replacement for Iniesta, it doesn't exist and new formulas have to be researched.

You can see why Marcelo said last season "I want to win La Liga, but it's much more difficult as teams are much less open than in Europe". Just look at the games vs PSV and Spurs compared to the ones in Spain this season, especially vs Spurs where it was more a 6-0 game than a 4-2.

Anyway, 1-1 away to Valencia is a good result if you ask me. It's the games against Girona and Leganes that were awful. Had those 2 been wins(as they should) then this wouldn't have been seen as a bad result to be honest.

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Who is Monchi? They haven't been any different since he left.

I don't know why they would try and change a thing. Ever since I heard of him I've wanted us taking a similar approach as I believe that's the best chance a club of our size (or anyone really) has of being a consistent success without winning the lottery.

To abandon that would be complete suicide.

19 minutes ago, Dan said:

I don't know why they would try and change a thing. Ever since I heard of him I've wanted us taking a similar approach as I believe that's the best chance a club of our size (or anyone really) has of being a consistent success without winning the lottery.

To abandon that would be complete suicide.

What I meant mate is that he was the mastermind behind Sevilla's success and their ability to constantly replace departed key players. When he left, I expected them to crumble, although that hasn't been the case.

Very well ran club.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

What I meant mate is that he was the mastermind behind Sevilla's success and their ability to constantly replace departed key players. When he left, I expected them to crumble, although that hasn't been the case.

Very well ran club.

I know what you meant, I mean in the sense that he's gone, it seems like they as a club have realised that they didn't really need to change things as he implemented something that consistently worked so why would you try and deviate from that.

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Anyone can lose a game as I said when Barça lost against Leganés a couple of weeks back. It’s about HOW you lose and that’s where the issues are at Real Madrid right now. Their problem against Deportivo Alavés was just an accentuated version of the previous three games. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived