talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Police Investigating Linesman Incident During Livingston vs Rangers

If these guys are not being respected at the very top, what chance do the underpaid guys at grassroots level have?

Police Scotland have opened an investigation after assistant referee Calum Spence was struck with a missile during Rangers' 1-0 defeat at Livingston.

The Scottish Premiership clash at the Tony Macaroni Arena was held up for several minutes after Spence was struck on the back of his head by what appeared to be a coin.

The incident occurred around 15 minutes into the second half when an object was thrown from the East Stand housing the travelling Rangers support.

Spence had to be treated by Livingston physio Andy MacKenzie after sustaining a wound to the back of his head - although he was able to continue and see out the match, which Gary Holt's side won 1-0 thanks to a Dolly Menga winner.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Police Investigating Linesman Incident During Livingston vs Rangers
  • Administrator
6 hours ago, Danny said:

It's all starts with the players and they'll always be allowed to treat the ref like shit.

or it's fans being absolute bellends. Wouldn't be against a life-time ban for that supporter if he's found.

Don't think all players should be tarnished but I'll agree with the fact that for the most part their treatment of referees/officials can be deplorable at times. Still no excuse to throw coins at people knowing it can cause considerable damage and injury.

6 hours ago, Danny said:

It's all starts with the players and they'll always be allowed to treat the ref like shit.

You're such a bleeding heart soft cock these days, I swear to god. It's like having a fucking priest on the forum "The fully grown adult fans see the players yelling at the ref to give cards, so the fans feel like they can assault them"

Fuck off. Next the fans will be on the drugs because they seen a player sniff a fat line at the club

How sad must your life be that you’re that apoplectic about your Football team being behind in a game and/or a refereeing decision going against the team you support that you feel the need to assault the linesman? 

I mean, it’s all very stupid, Football isn’t it? None of it actually matters. It’s really not that important that people end up with blood pouring from a head wound as a result of being assaulted. 

7 hours ago, Stan said:

or it's fans being absolute bellends. Wouldn't be against a life-time ban for that supporter if he's found.

Don't think all players should be tarnished but I'll agree with the fact that for the most part their treatment of referees/officials can be deplorable at times. Still no excuse to throw coins at people knowing it can cause considerable damage and injury.

Not blaming players specifically because a dildo done this 😂 But it is all connected, from professional level right down to Sunday league. Players have no respect for referees and it shows everywhere.

6 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You're such a bleeding heart soft cock these days, I swear to god. It's like having a fucking priest on the forum "The fully grown adult fans see the players yelling at the ref to give cards, so the fans feel like they can assault them"

Fuck off. Next the fans will be on the drugs because they seen a player sniff a fat line at the club

Of course it starts with the players you bellend, they are the first people to have contact with a referee during a match. When was the last time a Rugby ref was pelted with a missile? Because the culture of respect for the officials starts on the pitch, whether you're amateur or professional, and spreads out within the game.

There is no culture of respect for the ref in Britain, especially not when it's played at amatuter level let alone professional.

8 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Holey fucking Christ this made me laugh.

BTW my uncle and grandfather were at the Origin game where the crowd pelted the field with XXXX stubbies. Good stuff.

10 hours ago, Danny said:

Not blaming players specifically because a dildo done this 😂 But it is all connected, from professional level right down to Sunday league. Players have no respect for referees and it shows everywhere.

Of course it starts with the players you bellend, they are the first people to have contact with a referee during a match. When was the last time a Rugby ref was pelted with a missile? Because the culture of respect for the officials starts on the pitch, whether you're amateur or professional, and spreads out within the game.

There is no culture of respect for the ref in Britain, especially not when it's played at amatuter level let alone professional.

Big fan of Rugby League as you know but this holier than thou stuff regarding rugby is bollocks. In the last year, I can’t be arsed to go looking for links at 6.47am on a Wednesday morning, but with my limited knowledge of Rugby Union, Eddie Jones has been confronted by pissed up fans and in Rugby League, I’m sure it was after a Canterbury Bulldogs game in Australia, the referees were pelted with bottles and stuff. 

I know the Union incident isn’t a ref but for the facade that Rugby is a much different culture to Football is rubbish. 

35 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Big fan of Rugby League as you know but this holier than thou stuff regarding rugby is bollocks. In the last year, I can’t be arsed to go looking for links at 6.47am on a Wednesday morning, but with my limited knowledge of Rugby Union, Eddie Jones has been confronted by pissed up fans and in Rugby League, I’m sure it was after a Canterbury Bulldogs game in Australia, the referees were pelted with bottles and stuff. 

I know the Union incident isn’t a ref but for the facade that Rugby is a much different culture to Football is rubbish. 

I wasn't referring to League, and I agree that the facade is a load of rubbish as there are plenty of examples to show. But refs aren't abused on the pitch, respected a lot more than they are in football.

6 minutes ago, Danny said:

I wasn't referring to League, and I agree that the facade is a load of rubbish as there are plenty of examples to show. But refs aren't abused on the pitch, respected a lot more than they are in football.

Why? Rugby League is still Rugby? And there’s been an example of a referee in the NRL quitting as a result of abuse suffered by fans and players this year. Or doesn’t that fit the narrative?

44 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Why? Rugby League is still Rugby? And there’s been an example of a referee in the NRL quitting as a result of abuse suffered by fans and players this year. Or doesn’t that fit the narrative?

Because League and Union are two different sports with two different cultures and I was referring to the sport that doesn't suffer from referee abuse.

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Danny said:

Because League and Union are two different sports with two different cultures and I was referring to the sport that doesn't suffer from referee abuse.

to say it doesn't suffer from abuse is quite naive. It just happens considerably less than in football.

26 minutes ago, Stan said:

to say it doesn't suffer from abuse is quite naive. It just happens considerably less than in football.

Mate Rugby players get sinbinned for a bit of back chat, footballers tell the ref to fuck off multiple times throughout a game. If it does happen in Rugby it's dealt with swiftly.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Danny said:

Mate Rugby players get sinbinned for a bit of back chat, footballers tell the ref to fuck off multiple times throughout a game. If it does happen in Rugby it's dealt with swiftly.

okay but that doesn't change the point I was making...

Archived