talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Paolo Guerrero Fails to Lift Doping Ban

football forum

Fucking nine pages in the search bar on this twat and not one specific thread devoted to the issue.

Anyway, The Court of Arbitration for Sport has upheld an appeal by the World Anti-Doping Agency to extend Guerrero's six-month FIFA ban, which initially expired this month.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

100% @Cicero.

It's taken a while but the correct decision has eventually been determined. 

Just hope the world of football can move on from one of the most upsetting and sorest points in the history of the game. 

14 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Is this true, the ban has been extended?

To be honest, the fact that a reprieve wasn't immediately announced usually spells bad news.

Extended isn't the right word, but it was put back to the original amount. 8 more months now.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Extended isn't the right word, but it was put back to the original amount. 8 more months now.

So the ban was maintained and the appeal was lost.  I told you mate, when an announcement of innocence isn't made immediately it's because there are serious complications in the case. When innocence is won, the party that inevitably sees themselves as a victim of the authorities usually has a media drawn campaign to put right from the word go.  This is why I was dubious when it ended mysteriously without many quotes to be had.

Just now, SirBalon said:

So the ban was maintained and the appeal was lost.  I told you mate, when an announcement of innocence isn't made immediately it's because there are serious complications in the case. When innocence is won, the party that inevitably sees themselves as a victim of the authorities usually has a media drawn campaign to put right from the word go.  This is why I was dubious when it ended. Mysteriously without many quotes to be had.

WADA and CAS acknowledged he wasn't using performance-enhancing drugs. The whole situation makes no sense to me but the only thing Paolo is at blame for is for trying to risk his World Cup over becoming innocent. He had his 6 month ban that he needed, he wanted more. His ego cost him the world cup, not that silly tea. I can defend him for the latter but not the former.

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

WADA and CAS acknowledged he wasn't using performance-enhancing drugs. The whole situation makes no sense to me but the only thing Paolo is at blame for is for trying to risk his World Cup over becoming innocent. He had his 6 month ban that he needed, he wanted more. His ego cost him the world cup, not that silly tea. I can defend him for the latter but not the former.

That tea is obviously a very uncommon product to consume in my view and that will surely be the stand point the authorities have been firm on. Obviously it isn't used a lot and much less amongst sports professionals which is why there seems to be doubt and in law a reprieve has to be beyond any doubt.  Also in law, ignorance is no defence, so any defensive mechanism from his law representatives that he didn't know he couldn't or wasn't permitted to consume such a product is null and void. In truth it's almost an open and shut case if you ask me and as you said, he was foolish to do battle on this one as there was very little likelyhood of ending up on the winning side.

Man, this is such a harsh decision. In the decision it´s mentioned that Guerrero didn´t gain any advantage from the substance and that it was a case of negligence, there was not malice. The six months he already had served was more than enough. 

On a funny note, peruvian fans bombarded the account of a japanese dude who has the twitter handle @Tas thinking it was the account of the court that punished Guerrero. Poor guy! xD

3 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

Man, this is such a harsh decision. In the decision it´s mentioned that Guerrero didn´t gain any advantage from the substance and that it was a case of negligence, there was not malice. The six months he already had served was more than enough. 

On a funny note, peruvian fans bombarded the account of a japanese dude who has the twitter handle @Tas thinking it was the account of court that punished Guerrero. Poor guy! xD

Poor Tas, the guy! :rofl:

That is hilarious although I feel for the guy.

11 minutes ago, Blue said:

WADA also appealed. Had only Paolo appealed, the principle of "non reformatio in pejus" would have been applied and his ban couldn´t have been augmented.

2 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

WADA also appealed. Had only Paolo appealed, the principle of "non reformatio in pejus" would have been applied and his ban couldn´t have been augmented.

So he was badly advised by his lawyers.  Footballers will be full warned who not to take on board in a future bout of iffy tea drinking. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Completely agree with the decision. The only reasonable verdict for fans and the sport itself, NO CHEATERS ALLOWED.

You don't understand what went on do you xD

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Negligence is negligence I'm afraid 

Harsh punishment though, but as I mentioned Paolo's own fault for trying too hard to prove his innocence. He could have just left it at 6 months and he could have played in the World Cup.

Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

Leave the extra bs out of it... Will paolo guerrero play the world cup or not?

Hahahahahahaha

So you don't know if its the correct decision, just another one of your agenda's :rofl:

2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Will Paolo Guerrero play in the world cup 2018 or not ?

Who cares, the only thing that matters in this argument is that you have no clue as to what happened and you just want to fuel your agenda.

4 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

I told you what was going to happen 😂 it was so obvious

You said it was going to happen because you wanted it, but you don't have a clue about what went on given Paolo did not cheat and the court, CAS and WADA acknowledged it.

You are probably the only person on the planet that thinks this.

It is sad though. Guerrero only has himself to blame and he must know this. Such a massive moment for his country's football and he's going to miss out. Not only has he let himself down but Peruvian football fans (even those who aren't football fans as his country will be buzzing for this) and his teammates.  Sometimes hard lessons have to be learned this way.

Teso is not the only person who is happy Paolo Guerrero is banned, national enemy Magaly Medina said she's happy that this happened on Twitter.

Aaaaaand she was sacked from her job xD

• The title was changed to Paolo Guerrero 100% Banned

Archived