The better place to talk football.

Paolo Guerrero Fails to Lift Doping Ban

football forum

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Spike said:

“I’ve always been a professional in every way.”

Except when he kicked the fuck out of that guy when he playing for Hamburg.

Oi, you're supposed to be abrasive, not a wannabe troll ;) 

There is also a chance that he has been sniffing cocaine and it wasn’t from the tea. The tea is just his lawyers defence. Reminds me of Canelo and the ‘Mexican beef’ he blamed his failed test on.

The ban length sounds right to me.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Spike said:

“I’ve always been a professional in every way.”

Except when he kicked the fuck out of that guy when he playing for Hamburg.

Or when he threw a bottle at a fan's head.

Or when he refused to return to his club numerous times after a winter break while they were still fighting for the league title.

Yes, always a model professional indeed :ph34r: :P 

3 hours ago, nudge said:

Or when he threw a bottle at a fan's head.

Or when he refused to return to his club numerous times after a winter break while they were still fighting for the league title.

Yes, always a model professional indeed :ph34r: :P 

He has matured a lot over the years, but he still has a fear of flying.

The reason he has it is because his uncle died in the Alianza Lima Fokker plane crash in 1987, actually I suffer from a similar cause. I've been scared to fly since the Chapecoense plane crash, so I feel similar to him in a way. On that plane was the entire next generation of Peruvian players. I don't like to think of what if's as I don't really believe in them, but I always like to think if they hadn't died then maybe we could have qualified to the World Cup a bit earlier than this time.

My main concern this tournament is a morale drop. Now Paolo Guerrero's mother is wrongly blaming Claudio Pizarro for this accident and I hope Claudio understands the issue, he knows its not his fault but she's an old women who is deeply hurt. If he doesn't and does get her in trouble, under no circumstance should Pizarro be on that plane to Russia. It would be a disasterous dressing room, and thats my biggest fear for this tournament rather than the actual quality.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Blue said:

He has matured a lot over the years, but he still has a fear of flying.

The reason he has it is because his uncle died in the Alianza Lima Fokker plane crash in 1987, actually I suffer from a similar cause. I've been scared to fly since the Chapecoense plane crash, so I feel similar to him in a way. On that plane was the entire next generation of Peruvian players. I don't like to think of what if's as I don't really believe in them, but I always like to think if they hadn't died then maybe we could have qualified to the World Cup a bit earlier than this time.

My main concern this tournament is a morale drop. Now Paolo Guerrero's mother is wrongly blaming Claudio Pizarro for this accident and I hope Claudio understands the issue, he knows its not his fault but she's an old women who is deeply hurt. If he doesn't and does get her in trouble, under no circumstance should Pizarro be on that plane to Russia. It would be a disasterous dressing room, and thats my biggest fear for this tournament rather than the actual quality.

xD why is she blaming Pizarro? xD 

Just now, nudge said:

xD why is she blaming Pizarro? xD 

Wish I knew. It became popular here to blame Claudio Pizarro as a joke. There is even a hashtag. #CulpaDePizarro. She's probably doing it because of agendas, but if I were Claudio I wouldn't say a word, otherwise the whole dressing room will become a shambles.

Its a reason why we will never progress as a country. There are still too many people with an attitude like that. Magaly Medina, Phillip Butters are more examples of just vile people who don't know the difference between criticizing and insulting, or more related to this situation, people that just don't know who to criticize.

We are a country that's developed bigly in the last 30 years, but there is simply too many people with an attitude like this and politically having agendas will just hold the country back.

FIFpro is backing Paolo Guerrero now.

From what I understood of the situation, FIFpro want a reunion with FIFA in order to change the rules for the future, and this won't change the actual ban itself which is still harsh but the decision has been made all in court and there is no going back now to be honest, but I still think something should be done given FIFA; CAS and WADA have basically admitted Paolo is innocent.

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

His intentions may be innocent, but that doesn't excuse the fact he used an illegal substance. This just comes down to negligence once again. 

But if everyone admits he is innocent, the ban is just borderline idiotic.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

But if everyone admits he is innocent, the ban is just borderline idiotic.

Not really given that there are literally hundreds of players who play in high altitude, substance free. Why is Guerrero so special and what message will that bring if they don't ban him going against a rule? 

If he knew what he was doing was Illegal, he's guilty. If he didn't, it's negligence, to which also by law, finds him guilty. 

He isnt innocent he tested positive for a banned substance.

I’ve not seen any proof to suggest it was in his system via this tea that’s just what his defence says? Or am I missing something? Other use everyone could take cocaine and just say it was from this tea.

Just now, Cicero said:

Not really given that there are literally hundreds of players who play in high altitude, substance free. Why is Guerrero so special and what message will that bring if they don't ban him going against a rule? 

If he knew what he was doing was Illegal, he's guilty. If he didn't, it's negligence, to which also by law, finds him guilty. 

But FIFA, WADA and CAS all admitted he is innocent, so why the ban?

I get that negligience is against the rules but FIFA, WADA and CAS have all agreed he is innocent. FIFpro in particular have chased anti-doping players for a long time now and yet they are defending Paolo just as everyone else is. 

FIFA is the one who decides on the bans normally, and they have agreed he is innocent yet the ban is put back at 14 months. Its stupid.

As for Guerrero being "special" its not about that but rather they are chasing him when there are several Russians on the squad on WADA's radar who do willingly consume drugs, and yet they are going after someone who had innocent intentions, and the 3 parties agreed, but yet the ban is back in place.

Like I said, if FIFpro wants a reunion with FIFA who are completely against players consuming drugs, then something is seriously fishy.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

I get that negligience is against the rules but FIFA, WADA and CAS have all agreed he is innocent. FIFpro in particular have chased anti-doping players for a long time now and yet they are defending Paolo just as everyone else is. 

FIFA is the one who decides on the bans normally, and they have agreed he is innocent yet the ban is put back at 14 months. Its stupid.

As for Guerrero being "special" its not about that but rather they are chasing him when there are several Russians on the squad on WADA's radar who do willingly consume drugs, and yet they are going after someone who had innocent intentions, and the 3 parties agreed, but yet the ban is back in place.

Like I said, if FIFpro wants a reunion with FIFA who are completely against players consuming drugs, then something is seriously fishy.

I'm curious to see if there was an actual statement from FIFA indicating he is innocent. Can you post it? 

Just now, Cicero said:

I'm curious to see if there was an actual statement from FIFA indicating he is innocent. Can you post it? 

Not sure if there is an actual statement but there are several people who were in that court who said FIFA agreed, and FIFpro have said in their article which I posted. Here is what they said.

Both FIFA and the Court of Arbitration for Sport agreed Guerrero did not knowingly ingest the substance and that there was no performance-enhancing effect. It therefore defies common sense that he should be handed a punishment which is so damaging to his career.

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

He's not innocent mate, there is only a claim of ignorance as to the consumption of a prohibited substance which constitutes negligence on his part.  It doesn't matter if it doesn't enhance his physical prowess.  It's about a rule FOR ALL.  It's his fault he finds himself in this situation unfortunately for the Peruvian football followers.

That’s just text on a quote box where’s the article? And that text also doesn’t say he’s innocent.

fifapro is the players union. Their job is to back the players

Just now, SirBalon said:

He's not innocent mate, there is only a claim of ignorance as to the consumption of a prohibited substance which constitutes negligence on his part.  It doesn't matter if it doesn't enhance his physical prowess.  It's about a rule FOR ALL.  It's his fault he finds himself in this situation unfortunately for the Peruvian football followers.

So why does everyone including FIFA, CAS and WADA think he is innocent, as well as FIFpro?

1 minute ago, Blue said:

So why does everyone including FIFA, CAS and WADA think he is innocent, as well as FIFpro?

Innocent of what mate?

Firstly I have found no statement of innocence anywhere and I've searched for it (hate searching for things once I've informed myself on factual evidence) and secondly it's a known fact that what he consumed is a prohibited substance for sports professionals.  Where's the issue?

Just now, SirBalon said:

Innocent of what mate?

Firstly I have found no statement of innocence anywhere and I've searched for it (hate searching for things once I've informed myself on factual evidence) and secondly it's a known fact that what he consumed is a prohibited substance for sports professionals.  Where's the issue?

I posted the FIFpro article above. They have been against players who consume drugs for a long time, the ban is all in place and Guerrero is not going to Russia but they want a reunion with FIFA urgently to change some of the rules, as they also think this is an inappropriate sanction.

FIFA aren't going to publicly state he is innocent, they'd be stupid to do that, but people who were in the court said that was what happened.

11 minutes ago, Blue said:

Not sure if there is an actual statement but there are several people who were in that court who said FIFA agreed, and FIFpro have said in their article which I posted. Here is what they said.

Yet there is no actual statement from FIFA regarding the incident? Figured. 

To say that there were people in the courtroom indicating FIFA agreed that he is innocent, is just he say she say. Again, this is really poor evidence and immediately dismissed in court. 

What proof we do have, is that the FIFA Disciplinary found him guilty, and suspended him. So that action alone contradicts your he say she say argument. 

• The title was changed to Paolo Guerrero 100% Banned

Archived