talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Paolo Guerrero Fails to Lift Doping Ban

football forum

11 minutes ago, Blue said:

No idea about the substance but I know the it happened before Argentina away.

Think it was to cure a flu or something.

Thought it was used to cure 'altitude sickness'. 

• The title was changed to Paolo Guerrero 100% Banned
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Blue said:

No idea about the substance but I know the it happened before Argentina away.

Think it was to cure a flu or something.

There is no cure for flu mate! That’s a terrible justification if that’s what was used. 

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

There is no cure for flu mate! That’s a terrible justification if that’s what was used. 

If there is no cure for a flu, most of us would be dead by now.

:ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

If there is no cure for a flu, most of us would be dead by now.

:ph34r:

No we wouldn’t. There is NO cure for Flu and the only thing resembling anything of a fix is the vaccine for elderly and very young children which doesn’t always work due to mutations. 

Just now, SirBalon said:

No we wouldn’t. There is NO cure for Flu and the only thing resembling anything of a fix is the vaccine for elderly and very young children. 

I was joking around mate I know there isn't xD

@nudge What do you know about this situation?

FIFA are supposedly inferior to the Sports Court or whatever its called, yet Infantino accepted the FPF's request to meet them in Switzerland and now FIFPro are writing a card to FIFA to try and let Paolo in the World Cup? Will they be able to change that?

As for my opinion on this, I love the amount of support Paolo is getting, don't get me wrong but again I hope the team is focusing on training and not this situation. The whole situation has made me begin to worry.

Personally I doubt this will go through, but if it does Paolo has to thank us. If he was anyone else, he wouldn't get this support.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Blue said:

@nudge What do you know about this situation?

FIFA are supposedly inferior to the Sports Court or whatever its called, yet Infantino accepted the FPF's request to meet them in Switzerland and now FIFPro are writing a card to FIFA to try and let Paolo in the World Cup? Will they be able to change that?

As for my opinion on this, I love the amount of support Paolo is getting, don't get me wrong but again I hope the team is focusing on training and not this situation. The whole situation has made me begin to worry.

Personally I doubt this will go through, but if it does Paolo has to thank us. If he was anyone else, he wouldn't get this support.

It's FIFA's tournament, so in the end, it's FIFA's decision, I reckon. They have an agreement with CAS who is supposed to be an independent institution for settling cases, but if all sides involved come to an agreement (even after the ruling), there's nothing stopping them. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

It's FIFA's tournament, so in the end, it's FIFA's decision, I reckon. They have an agreement with CAS who is supposed to be an independent institution for settling cases, but if all sides involved come to an agreement (even after the ruling), there's nothing stopping them. 

That makes a little bit more sense. Thanks. 

Its a weird situation but I feel there is a very slight chance it could happen. I would have expected Infantino to just throw out the letter from the FPF but he invited them. Still, I have no expectations.

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

Bull Shit xD

I'm not convinced they actually care whether Paolo goes or not, however the letter is anything but bullshit.

So I have more of a reason to hate Infantino now. He got the letter from the FPF to discuss the Guerrero issue, invited them to Switzerland only to tell them we cannot change the decision of TAS. Why couldn't he just tell them that via a letter instead of having to invite them to "discuss a solution" if he knew he couldn't change anything.

I hope this is the last we hear of this case. I defend Paolo 100% but its time to move on and focus on the team who will have a good world cup without him.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Blue said:

So I have more of a reason to hate Infantino now. He got the letter from the FPF to discuss the Guerrero issue, invited them to Switzerland only to tell them we cannot change the decision of TAS. Why couldn't he just tell them that via a letter instead of having to invite them to "discuss a solution" if he knew he couldn't change anything.

I hope this is the last we hear of this case. I defend Paolo 100% but its time to move on and focus on the team who will have a good world cup without him.

He could, FIFA just decided not to pardon him, after all. Rightly so, as it would have set a precedent and it's likely that all doping cases would have become just as ridiculous as this one.

Hope we'll never hear of it again anymore xD 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

He could, FIFA just decided not to pardon him, after all. Rightly so, as it would have set a precedent and it's likely that all doping cases would have become just as ridiculous as this one.

Hope we'll never hear of it again anymore xD 

From what I read, FIFA is inferior to TAS and can't change the decision. Even if what you say is true though, you are right that it would have set a bad example, even if it was just negligence.

Fully agreed on the last sentence. Enough of this, we aren't Paolo dependent and have not lost a game yet since his ban. Hopefully once we make it past the group, it will be forgotten.

Disappointed the Jedi signed such a bullshjt letter. Would any South American side do something for us? Hell no. Let's take the ruling and use it to our advantage, not help strengthen Peru!

4 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Disappointed the Jedi signed such a bullshjt letter. Would any South American side do something for us? Hell no. Let's take the ruling and use it to our advantage, not help strengthen Peru!

That's why I said I'm not convinced they actually care. Just something FIFpro did to back Paolo, but I doubt the players actually give a fuck.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

That's why I said I'm not convinced they actually care. Just something FIFpro did to back Paolo, but I doubt the players actually give a fuck.

It is a good look to be fair.

Social media in this country has been unbearable in the last few weeks. Paolo about a week ago went to the supreme swiss court (or something like that) in order to get his ban removed. Now this random page with 1000 followers is saying that he will play in the World Cup. How the fuck do they know? If its fake I'll be pissed because this soap opera has gone on long enough.

If true, I'll take it because I don't think any informed person can complain, people such as Luis Suarez, Diego Godin have all stood in solidarity for Guerrero as well as the captains of France, Denmark and Australia, but my word we make such a big deal out of everything. We wonder why we've hit a stump in country development, its this shithouse mentality thats stopping us. I love Paolo and I want him to play in the World Cup as he is innocent but the whole process and the whole view towards it has been embarrassing.

There is always some sort of controversy in this country whenever we lose a case or a match. 1970, Didi our manager was accused of losing on purpose to Brazil. 1978 there was that whole issue with Argentina supposedly paying us to win the game 6-0, which I don't buy for a second. We are as sore losers as the Chileans and the Argentinians and we don't even realize it.

I'm fearing the worst after the World Cup. For now, we'll be fine but we've just left a really bad taste in FIFA's mouthes. If Paolo does win his case, good because he is innocent. The whole situation will leave a bad taste though within FIFA and within the misinformed people and other WADA victims.

Archived