talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Paolo Guerrero Fails to Lift Doping Ban

football forum

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Unbelievable xD 

I'm just glad the saga is done. So many fake news in the past few days here.

Delighted for him too of course.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Blue said:

I'm just glad the saga is done. So many fake news in the past few days here.

Delighted for him too of course.

Yeah, the whole process was absolutely ridiculous... Hopefully it will serve as a catalyst to change the way those doping cases are handled, because it's absolutely crazy to go through at least three different institutions and have the ban given, then shortened, then increased, and then put on hold. I wonder if they'll cancel the ban altogether after the World Cup, or if he will still be made to serve it.

My question now is where will Farfan go in the team? He's been putting in really good performances for us but there isn't really a spot for him in the team. Maybe a super sub as he could be a game changer from the bench.

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Whichever way you look at it, drug cheating in sport is completely unacceptable. It's a shame that the rules have allowed to be bent and you just have to hope that it doesn't make a difference. 

Imagine if Guerrero bags a 90th minute winner? Not fair at all.

Except Guerrero is not a drug cheat and the ban was not because they thought that.

Coca tea is not cocaine. 

Anyone who thinks otherwise is misinformed and a retard.

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, Blue said:

The World is uniting. Literally, news from everywhere celebrating.

Viva la justicia.

not here.

I find this despicable. 

8 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

If it was a clean substance there wouldn't have bene an investigation on this scale. Players all over the world drink tea but yet no ban came? 

Cocaine was in his system and is a banned substance. Don't let bias blur your vision.

That's just contradicting your own argument, if he just drank tea, how exactly did he cheat? Even the sports court admitted he did not cheat.

If you don't want to believe he just drank tea, that's up to you but you're only lying to yourself. Guerrero is the last player on that team to willingly cheat and everything from sources, to lawyers to the sports court has ruled out that he was "cheating".

Literally the whole world has united for him, not just "biased Peruvians". Particularly on Twitter, I follow more than 700 accounts and not one from outside Peru has said something negative and are delighted rather. That's because I don't follow misinformed dipshits.

Don't let your agenda blur your vision.

Just now, Cannabis said:

Tea with cocaine is still cocaine. That's a bit like me injecting heroin into my cookies and then claiming I'm innocent because everyone eats cookies. 

You've stated pretty much that you only follow pro-Peru accounts so obviously they will be happy with the result, many others (the majority probably) are absolutely disgusted.

No I don't, I follow accounts from everywhere.

You're just clutching at straws now. Don't comment on something you're not familiar on.

Just now, Cannabis said:

I see you're understanding where I'm coming from so I'm glad we agree, even if we don't on the finer details. 

You're right. I understand you know fuck all on the subject and that everyone even from outside Peru is delighted. The only people who are unhappy are misinformed dipshits.

Just now, Cannabis said:

Profanity is the biggest indicator of someone who isn't able to form a clear response to the subject. I have friends who work in the medical profession who are (quite rightly) astounded at what has happened here. 

He will more than likely only play three group games before flying home but that's not the point. The integrity of the sport should come before Peru (or any nation for that matter) and their World Cup. 

And I know legal experts who think the whole thing has been a farce. It doesn't matter what you think, but you're just making up a story to prove your own point. Your silly conspiracy theory towards this is strange (and for the incoming Teso dos Bichos and Marc). As a Peruvian, maybe I am biased for defending him, but that still doesn't change that what he did was completely legal.

The ONLY thing that can be seen as bad in this is that his ban was upheld rather than eliminated just so he can play the World Cup. The whole ban should have been called off. But your own conspiracy theories are just things you yourself made up.

If you (Teso, Marc and Stan included) want to believe he actually did cocaine, so be it. If you want to be wrong, that's not my problem. Even Tim Vickery who is completely neutral thinks this is a farce. Its not just Peruvians ffs.

• Administrator
Just now, Blue said:

And I know legal experts who think the whole thing has been a farce. It doesn't matter what you think, but you're just making up a story to prove your own point. Your silly conspiracy theory towards this is strange (and for the incoming Teso dos Bichos and Marc). As a Peruvian, maybe I am biased for defending him, but that still doesn't change that what he did was completely legal.

The ONLY thing that can be seen as bad in this is that his ban was upheld rather than eliminated just so he can play the World Cup. The whole ban should have been called off. But your own conspiracy theories are just things you yourself made up.

If you (Teso, Marc and Stan included) want to believe he actually did cocaine, so be it. If you want to be wrong, that's not my problem. Even Tim Vickery who is completely neutral thinks this is a farce. Its not just Peruvians ffs.

well he did, didn't he? 

It wasn't just tea he drank.

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

The fact that his ban was postponed and not completely removed shows that there is more in this case and I'm sure we will find that out when the time comes, happy to be proven wrong however but I doubt it. Even you yourself seem to agree on this part. 

I don't get it either tbh, but if CAS say that he did not cheat, then he didn't. That simple. 

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Glad we agree then, like I said we may differ on the details but we do agree on the general conclusion that he was at fault.

He wasn't at fault, but I think Nudge nailed it earlier that they need to change these anti-doping laws.

Can't believe I'm praising an American sport but do it like the NBA does it. Jose Angulo was banned for 4 years. Thats way too long.

Just now, Cicero said:

What this ever proven? 

He's trying to wind me up.

And failing. I know Stan isn't stupid.

• Administrator
Just now, Cannabis said:

I agree mate, four years is way too long. I'd give Guerrero a few months, he did take cocaine which we've agreed on but it may have been an accident or moment of madness. 

Stan is a bit stupid too, don't be silly.

i don't take cocaine though.

swings and roundabouts.

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Stan is a bit stupid too, don't be silly.

Seeing the above post, I think I was being a bit too soft on Stan. He is stupid.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Blue said:

Seeing the above post, I think I was being a bit too soft on Stan. He is stupid.

glad I'm stupid in the eyes of a misinformed dipshit. made my day. cheers.

Is cocaine even a performance enhancing drug? I'd fucking hate to play football after sniffing a few lines... I get sweaty as fuck, my heart pounds, and I imagine I'd be insanely nervous. Maybe it's better for playing on pure instinct. Some league should experiment with it, like they did with VAR so we can conclusively see if cocaine helps or hinders football performance.

Archived