talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bournemouth

football forum

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

@Smiley Culture, I think it was you that first brought this up...

but Bournemouth are considering a legal claim against HawkEye (the goal line tech company) for negligence and could some financial compensation for their relegation for that goal Villa were given against Sheffield United.

Could see it coming really. While VAR is not perfect, those are decisions made by humans assisted by technology whereas goal line technology is technology based and with it not being turned on/broken/whatever, that’s not the same and I could see Bournemouth taking action. 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Could see it coming really. While VAR is not perfect, those are decisions made by humans assisted by technology whereas goal line technology is technology based and with it not being turned on/broken/whatever, that’s not the same and I could see Bournemouth taking action. 

I don’t understand why VAR didn’t review that incident tbh

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Dyche is a far better manager than Howe, for me. As said up thread, Dyche may have a philosophy but isn’t overly stubborn and borderline reckless with it and will change it against certain clubs, whereas Howe almost seems stuck in his ways and plays the same way regardless of the opponent and that’s probably why in the last three seasons, Dyche’s Burnley have conceded 157 goals in the past three seasons and Howe’s Bournemouth have conceded 196. 

I can’t see why a Premier League team would be after Howe, if I’m honest. More so when Dyche is out there. 

Image. That's the only possible reason.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

@Smiley Culture, I think it was you that first brought this up...

but Bournemouth are considering a legal claim against HawkEye (the goal line tech company) for negligence and could some financial compensation for their relegation for that goal Villa were given against Sheffield United.

The more claims against this Premier League season the better. The ineptness was so much it actually deserves it for me.

3 hours ago, Dan said:

The more claims against this Premier League season the better. The ineptness was so much it actually deserves it for me.

They’re going after the company that made the tech, not the league.

On 29/07/2020 at 00:45, The Palace Fan said:

Whilst Aston Villa are very, very fortunate this will set a terrible precident. Id rather not have another avenue for lawyers to make further money in sport.

The precedent this would set is Hawkeye’d have a backup plan or else have to pay a few million to the team they wrongfully relegate. That’s not so bad imo

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The precedent this would set is Hawkeye’d have a backup plan or else have to pay a few million to the team they wrongfully relegate. That’s not so bad imo

The domino effect will not stop there though. It will open a gateway for other decisions with technology assistance to be appealed. 

3 hours ago, DNA said:

With the £41m Ake money plus PL parachute payments, not to mention rich ownership anyway; they'll be swimming in money for their Championship campaign.

Apparently a lot of their players didn’t have relegation clauses to reduce their wages if they do go back down though.

Although with that kind of arrogance... they might have been asking for a situation like this

Let’s be honest they don’t lack talent either do they? Chris Mepham was one of the best centre backs in the Championship, LloydKelly highly rated...talent across the team. One of the reasons they struggled was because of injuries, at full strength if they don’t sell a lot I see them coming back up

I dont think they need to sell anyone else to be honest. Eddie Howe should be able to talk Wilson and King in to giving them a season given their abysmal campaigns whilst Brooks does owe them a year.

Not going up on the first attempt could be tragic for them financially mind you.

• Subscriber

I've read in a few places they owe about £81mil in unpaid transfer fees.

I think they should be good enough to come back up but they've not ran themselves well at all. Surely all bar about 6, maybe 8 clubs in the league there should be relegation clauses.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

How much did Howe have to do with all of the £20m+ outlays on Ibe, Solanke and that keeper who's name I can't remember?

Bournemouth's legacy is Liverpool's title I swear.

The only way this is a good decision is if his heart is no longer in the job. He’s maybe run himself ragged this season. 

If it’s cause he wants to see what jobs are about then he’s a muppet. 

• Administrator
16 hours ago, Dan said:

I've read in a few places they owe about £81mil in unpaid transfer fees.

I think they should be good enough to come back up but they've not ran themselves well at all. Surely all bar about 6, maybe 8 clubs in the league there should be relegation clauses.

11 hours ago, Dan said:

This thread is no more!

image.png.9605d6c66b56edf7560d9f821db487c7.png

Did not see that one coming at all to be honest. Think it's a shame in a way.

11 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Unless he knows they’re fucked, I’ve read reports saying their players don’t have relegation clauses, I can’t get my head around why he thinks leaving is a good idea. I can’t see him getting a Premier League job any time soon. 

I reckon that's part of the reason, as well as losing players who don't want to play in the Championship because they probably are good enough for top flight. 

Maybe he just wants a new challenge. 

He has been there a long time when you think about it.

I think he's quite decent and what he achieved at Bournemouth shouldn't be overshadowed by this relegation. I just think they went as far as they could and hit a wall.

He will always get linked with midtable sides now, I don't quite think the pedigree is there for a really top job like what has been mooted before.

I could see the likes of Everton, Newcastle, Palace, Villa or West Ham interested if their positions go pear shaped next season. Especially Palace, where you feel they really need a change to reinvigorate the place or they could drop next year.

But if I was him, I'd not rush into anything, I'd take some serious time off to chill, spend some time with the family and regroup a bit. Maybe wait until the right position comes up somewhere. He'll be better for it.

I'll be very interested to see who takes over there. It will likely be a proper rebuild job and contrary to what some might think, I don't think they will be in a position to splash cash to come straight back up.

Jason Tindall has been given the gig which makes sense if the players believe in the coaching staff.

If they can keep the current crop together they should finish in the top two. I think its do able. Brooks could be talked in to giving them another year given his injury record and both Wilson and King should feel an obligation given how crap they were last season.

18 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Jason Tindall has been given the gig which makes sense if the players believe in the coaching staff.

If they can keep the current crop together they should finish in the top two. I think its do able. Brooks could be talked in to giving them another year given his injury record and both Wilson and King should feel an obligation given how crap they were last season.

They’re littered with players from the Championship who Bournemouth took a chance on who will need to prove themselves going back up next season

Archived