Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Posted (edited)

He has been there a long time when you think about it.

I think he's quite decent and what he achieved at Bournemouth shouldn't be overshadowed by this relegation. I just think they went as far as they could and hit a wall.

He will always get linked with midtable sides now, I don't quite think the pedigree is there for a really top job like what has been mooted before.

I could see the likes of Everton, Newcastle, Palace, Villa or West Ham interested if their positions go pear shaped next season. Especially Palace, where you feel they really need a change to reinvigorate the place or they could drop next year.

But if I was him, I'd not rush into anything, I'd take some serious time off to chill, spend some time with the family and regroup a bit. Maybe wait until the right position comes up somewhere. He'll be better for it.

I'll be very interested to see who takes over there. It will likely be a proper rebuild job and contrary to what some might think, I don't think they will be in a position to splash cash to come straight back up.

• Upvote 1

Jason Tindall has been given the gig which makes sense if the players believe in the coaching staff.

If they can keep the current crop together they should finish in the top two. I think its do able. Brooks could be talked in to giving them another year given his injury record and both Wilson and King should feel an obligation given how crap they were last season.

18 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Jason Tindall has been given the gig which makes sense if the players believe in the coaching staff.

If they can keep the current crop together they should finish in the top two. I think its do able. Brooks could be talked in to giving them another year given his injury record and both Wilson and King should feel an obligation given how crap they were last season.

They’re littered with players from the Championship who Bournemouth took a chance on who will need to prove themselves going back up next season

Really can't call how it'll go with Bournemouth. Part of me thinks they'll finish in the bottom half and another thinks they'll finish with about 105 points.

15 hours ago, Danny said:

They’re littered with players from the Championship who Bournemouth took a chance on who will need to prove themselves going back up next season

Yeah, the defence in particular with Kelly, Mepham and Stacey need to pull their finger out as from what ive seen they havent performed remotely close to the levels that were set before them.

Lerma could be a massive player if he stays. I have never particularly rated him at PL level but a drop down a divison could see him come out his shell a bit.