talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EPL Finances 2015/16

1 hour ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I agree with this. 

Our highest earner, Coutinho, earns around 150k. Compare that to players of other clubs who are on 200K+. FSG's model is not to retain high earners in the side, and in turn buy players with resale value. That is not a recipe for success. Our wage bill is bloated because of the staffers who look after our revenues.

However, they haven' t been entirely bad. They have splashed cash on transfers. We have to also factor in the damage that was caused after Rafa's departure. Too many bad decisions were made after that, and with Klopp we seem to be on a path to correction. I wont say FSG are bad owners, if anything they are better than average. But I don't see them really committing themselves to make us world beaters. They would be more than pleased if we consistently finish in top 4 and exploit our marketing potential. 

So they are basically exactly the same as every football club owner in the world bar the Sheiks?

Oh and I love it how 2 people on this forum have the inside information on Liverpool FC which enables them to share information such as staff numbers and staff salaries. 

Lovely stuff! 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Jesus Christ I don't think I've ever met anyone as downbeat and miserable in all my life xD

Is there anything at all you like about the club? 

9 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

So they are basically exactly the same as every football club owner in the world bar the Sheiks?

Oh and I love it how 2 people on this forum have the inside information on Liverpool FC which enables them to share information such as staff numbers and staff salaries. 

Lovely stuff! 

The information was out there after the accounts for 15/16 were released. I can't remember where i read it now about the staff numbers but the information is out there.

14 hours ago, LFCMike said:

The information was out there after the accounts for 15/16 were released. I can't remember where i read it now about the staff numbers but the information is out there.

Funny that, you never seam to have anything to back up your wierd theories?

I very much doubt we employ that many more commercial staff than the other top clubs and it's an absolute certainty that it makes no difference whatsoever when comparing wage bills between clubs, especially us compared to a club funded by Sheiks.  

Anyway ballacks to it. I'm sick of going over this shite. 

5 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

It shows what a complete waste of space Randy Lerner was. Mr Xia better not be a false dawn otherwise we're fucked

What were Aston Villa spending on their wages on? Their wage bill was incredible for such a poor squad. Such reckless spending.

7 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Funny that, you never seam to have anything to back up your wierd theories?

I very much doubt we employ that many more commercial staff than the other top clubs and it's an absolute certainty that it makes no difference whatsoever when comparing wage bills between clubs, especially us compared to a club funded by Sheiks.  

Anyway ballacks to it. I'm sick of going over this shite. 

Have a look in the accounts, they're freely available. All the information will be there

31 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Have a look in the accounts, they're freely available. All the information will be there

I don't need to look at the club accounts to know that we don't have one of the biggest wage bills because of how many commercial staff we employ. 

Do you realise how ridiculous your theory actually sounds? 

I think Cannabis might be right. You are actually borderline Halewood xD

9 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I don't need to look at the club accounts to know that we don't have one of the biggest wage bills because of how many commercial staff we employ. 

Do you realise how ridiculous your theory actually sounds? 

I think Cannabis might be right. You are actually borderline Halewood xD

The original post was about Liverpool having a bigger wage bill than Man City. A factor for that is definitely that Liverpool pay about 400 more staff than them. Liverpool don't pay their footballers more than Man City do, do you agree?

29 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

The original post was about Liverpool having a bigger wage bill than Man City. A factor for that is definitely that Liverpool pay about 400 more staff than them. Liverpool don't pay their footballers more than Man City do, do you agree?

I really couldn't give a fuck Mike. I'm totally bored with your wierd obsession with FSG. 

I think we've covered this enough now and to be honest I think you'd be much happier in life if you just supported Manchester City or Chelsea. 

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I really couldn't give a fuck Mike. I'm totally bored with your wierd obsession with FSG. 

I think we've covered this enough now and to be honest I think you'd be much happier in life if you just supported Manchester City or Chelsea. 

I think it's weird how you think they can do no wrong and are willing to accept mediocrity. You clearly did give a fuck when you made your first post in this thread when you mentioned how it would be 'devastating' for my 'anti-FSG' case. Then when I've explained why the figures are how they are, you're no longer bothered. But then that's you all over, looking at figures or stats, thinking how great they are without actually looking at them in any context or detail.

4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I think it's weird how you think they can do no wrong and are willing to accept mediocrity. You clearly did give a fuck when you made your first post in this thread when you mentioned how it would be 'devastating' for my 'anti-FSG' case. Then when I've explained why the figures are how they are, you're no longer bothered. But then that's you all over, looking at figures or stats, thinking how great they are without actually looking at them in any context or detail.

I've given plenty of reasons why FSG aren't half as bad as you make out, countless times but you choose to ignore them before coming back with a retort of 'we hire too many commercial staff'. 

Ive said over and over that FSG aren't perfect, very few owners are, but you can't ignore the facts. I'll say again: We are consistently one of the biggest spenders on transfers, we have one of the biggest wage bills, we have just expanded the stadium, we are in the process of upgrading the academy/training facilities by £50m and we have just hired one of the worlds most sought after managers. 

You are an absolute wet wipe Mike that would only be happy with a shiek or Russian zillianaire owner. In the real world though we've got owners that may not be perfect but are a far cry from what you make out. 

Anyone would think Hicks & Gillette were still in charge. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I've given plenty of reasons why FSG aren't half as bad as you make out, countless times but you choose to ignore them before coming back with a retort of 'we hire too many commercial staff'. 

Ive said over and over that FSG aren't perfect, very few owners are, but you can't ignore the facts. I'll say again: We are consistently one of the biggest spenders on transfers, we have one of the biggest wage bills, we have just expanded the stadium, we are in the process of upgrading the academy/training facilities by £50m and we have just hired one of the worlds most sought after managers. 

You are an absolute wet wipe Mike that would only be happy with a shiek or Russian zillianaire owner. In the real world though we've got owners that may not be perfect but are a far cry from what you make out. 

Anyone would think Hicks & Gillette were still in charge. 

I've never said we hire too many commercial staff. I said that the huge difference in numbers of staff was a factor in the wages between Liverpool and Man City.

Consistently one of the biggest spenders, yeah. Consistently finish between 6th and 8th and have won one trophy since 2006. Surely that tells you there's something wrong with how they operate if they're wanting to win things?

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I've never said we hire too many commercial staff. I said that the huge difference in numbers of staff was a factor in the wages between Liverpool and Man City.

Consistently one of the biggest spenders, yeah. Consistently finish between 6th and 8th and have won one trophy since 2006. Surely that tells you there's something wrong with how they operate if they're wanting to win things?

5 cup finals and a nats knacker from winning the league within the last 5 years. Those results go in our favour and we aren't even having this conversation. 

Seriously though, I'm bored of this. 

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

5 cup finals and a nats knacker from winning the league within the last 5 years. Those results go in our favour and we aren't even having this conversation. 

Seriously though, I'm bored of this. 

But we didn't and it generally stems from how the club operates as to why we didn't win them. Such as better footballers or better/more experienced manager.

Archived