talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fulham 1-5 Arsenal - Sunday 7th October

football forum

1 hour ago, Stan said:

How is it cheap punditry? His clearance just wasn't that good.

I'm not talking about what you said.  I'm talking about the pundits because the issue arises from bad midfield covering in the first place and then came the error. An error is different to players losing their tactical discipline.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Fulham 1-5 Arsenal - Sunday 7th October
  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Missed the game were we good fulham just poor?

Fulham couldn't cope with the pace of Arsenal, especially down the left hand side. The gulf in quality was clear to see as Fulham couldn't also handle the quicker passing and more physical aspect. Other than Mitrovic, Fulham were bossed all around the pitch really. I can't remember any other chances Fulham created after they scored to test Leno. Arsenal created much more and finished their chances more clinically.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If Tottenham become less good again and Arsenal are back in the top 4, will the world go back to normal?

Having Tottenham in the champions league and arsenal in the Europa is like Trinidad and Tobago getting the most golds at the Olympics and America  finishing near the bottom

I have been pleasantly surprised this season by a few of our players, Iwobi for one who looked like a Championship player for about 18 months has really stepped up this season. His attitude and effort has really improved and I'm loving his direct style of play under Emery. Holding as well has looked superb stepping in for Sokratis and fully deserved to keep his place in the XI. I was never a big fan of either but I'm very happy to see them prove me wrong. I do think the change in management has come at the perfect time for them, I'm hoping this upward trend continues. Bellerin as well fits in this category, although I always thought he was brilliant and I'm glad to see his form returning.

Finally I was never on board with the Lacazette signing and even last year I thought he was very run of the mill, but he has had a outstanding start to the season. Has made me look a fool for doubting him and his second today was just so refreshing to see. I do think the jury is still out for him and Auba versus the bigger teams, that's where we really need to see them perform but overall I'm excited to see how our season goes. Only issue is all of our top players are nigh on impossible to fit together, Emery still has a very hard task getting all to work.

2 hours ago, Machado said:

When was the last time Arsenal won 9 games in a row?

Despite the expectations for both clubs being different, they seem to be handling the post-Wenger era better than Man United did after SAF.

That is because Man utd needed a whole new team, the players left most were in their 30s.  

3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

5-1. Insane. 

Going under the radar but Fulham are in a bit of trouble, I think their loss against us made it five without a win, which is now six?

You really are the brains of Britain!

God knows how you managed to work that out so quickly :whistling:

• Subscriber

Fulham's defensive record is absolutely abysmal.

5 v Arsenal

3 v Everton

3 v Man City

3 v Tottenham

2 v Burnley

2 v Crystal Palace

2 v Brighton

1 v Watford

That's horrendous.

It's Cardiff away next. If we don't see an improvement there then xD

It's very hard to knock Arsenal's start. 9 wins in a row is brilliant regardless of who they were against. I do think they look a bit dodgy at the back still but there are bound to be teething problems. You can make that 10 wins in a row as well as I think we could have Bayern Munich's side and we'd still find a way to lose at Arsenal.

Given he has won every game since. This whole scenario really emphasis how embarrassing it was to see the media jumping on Unai Emery's throat after losing to City and Chelsea in their first two games. A sad indictment of the modern game really that they can do that without any criticism.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Given he has won every game since. This whole scenario really emphasis how embarrassing it was to see the media jumping on Unai Emery's throat after losing to City and Chelsea in their first two games. A sad indictment of the modern game really that they can do that without any criticism.

Sad indictment of the media, I'd say. 

There's a geezer called Ted Knutson who owns a company called Statsbomb and I've not read the article in full, but basically Arsenal's results and goals scored doesn't match the quality of chances being created. Doesn't reckon this run formulate into anything amazing.

On top of that it's fair to remember Arsenal have had a really easy 9 games run.

On 09/10/2018 at 16:39, Danny said:

There's a geezer called Ted Knutson who owns a company called Statsbomb and I've not read the article in full, but basically Arsenal's results and goals scored doesn't match the quality of chances being created. Doesn't reckon this run formulate into anything amazing.

On top of that it's fair to remember Arsenal have had a really easy 9 games run.

Seems arbitrary to suggest they are not creating enough chances when the team has scored numerous goals in every game on this winning streak.

Winning 9 games in a row can't be dismissed by the competition at this level. 

20 minutes ago, EastSixth said:

Seems arbitrary to suggest they are not creating enough chances when the team has scored numerous goals in every game on this winning streak.

Winning 9 games in a row can't be dismissed by the competition at this level. 

It doesn't seem arbitrary because it will help predict how the rest of the season will go.

On 08/10/2018 at 00:42, Panna King said:

That is because Man utd needed a whole new team, the players left most were in their 30s.  

Also i think it was because fergie was so good it was always going to be a bit after the lord Mayor's show.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived