Liverpool 0-0 Man City - Sunday 7th October

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 16.30

Live on Sky Sports

155.png  VS     1200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png

Head to Head
Man City 1-2 Liverpool (Friendly)
Man City 1-2 Liverpool (Champions League)
Liverpool 3-0 Man City (Champions League)
Liverpool 4-3 Man City
Man City 5-0 Liverpool

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Is it really? 

Drained coming of two huge games with only 1 single point. Poor recent performance and injury to keita. And now a home game against city that is a pretty sure thing to be dropped points before another break.... let's get this month out of the way and move on. 

• Subscriber

I honestly think we can win this. If you look at the two teams we've played recently both haven't allowed the team to be expressive in the attack sense but that changes with this City team who imo can't defend to save their lives and thrive on a similar philosophy as us, attack.

What I am worried about is the lack of finishing capabilities up front and how our front-three still seem to be finding their rhythm in many ways. Going to be a thriller on Sunday and a good game that is very fast paced.

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

Drained coming of two huge games with only 1 single point. Poor recent performance and injury to keita. And now a home game against city that is a pretty sure thing to be dropped points before another break.... let's get this month out of the way and move on. 

we played well at Chelsea and could have won it. Napoli was terrible but I think we always had one eye on Sunday. I think you'll see a much better intensity from us against City. 

Interesting wrinkle heading into the match.

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola says they "shouldn't need the police to protect the bus" on their first return to Anfield since April's hostile Champions League tie against Liverpool.

On that occasion, the City bus was pelted with objects as it arrived at the stadium before a 3-0 defeat.

"It is something for Liverpool, not me," said Guardiola when asked about a possible repeat on Sunday.

"The best way to protect the bus is for Liverpool fans to go into the stadium."

City are planning to use a different route this time, and have reportedly fitted their bus with 15 outward-facing cameras to capture any aggressive behaviour.

Coach Manuel Estiarte filmed the approach to Anfield in April, posting the footage - complete with the sound of objects hitting the bus - on social media.

A window was smashed and thousands of pounds of damage caused.

In September, Merseyside Police said no arrests had been made over the incident.

Some City fans have considered arriving on Merseyside early to line the route to the stadium in an attempt to prevent any repeat.

But Guardiola insists it should not be necessary.

"Why do our fans have to protect our bus? Are you kidding me? We shouldn't need the police to protect the bus," said the Spaniard.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45763342

11 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Standard Liverpool to be up in arms about a bloke saying that his team shouldn't need police protection. 

The Galatasaray of England. Always the victims.

What does this even mean here, in this context? You and others just throw this phrase around willy-nilly. We're discussing the most cringeworthy victim status I think I've ever seen after a few bottles hit a bus and somehow you aim 'always the victims' at LiverpoolxD

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

My god that was easy. 

Nah the 'always the victims' shite does my head in when it comes from Evertonian's given they know where it originates from. Mancs or any others I couldn't give a shit. 

No doubt Cannabis won't bother replying as usual when he's called out on some of the absolute shite he posts

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I have nothing more to say, I have summarised my thoughts in the post above.

@LFCMadLad, your thoughts please xo

Please, explain the victims thing. I'd like to understand it from your point of view and whether you know why it makes you look like a dickhead. 

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Not sure what there is to say really, a club that is quite literally always the victims at every opportunity in the eyes of its fanbase. 

An opinion that is shared by many sets of fans, hence the saying. 

Where in this topic did that happen? Anyway, the victims thing was first coined by Boris Johnson when he was talking about Hillsborough and he was talking about the people of Merseyside, not just Liverpool FC. Obviously it was latched onto by fans of other clubs but I've always found it truly bizarre that Evertonian's did too

5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Where in this topic did that happen? Anyway, the victims thing was first coined by Boris Johnson when he was talking about Hillsborough and he was talking about the people of Merseyside, not just Liverpool FC. Obviously it was latched onto by fans of other clubs but I've always found it truly bizarre that Evertonian's did too

Are there any scouse Evertonians actually on here? Scouse Evertonians are a pretty decent bunch. I wouldn't take that tits view as representative.

Everton are the Liverpool people's club.

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Decent. Dickheads throwing stuff about need to get nicked, but hearing the sad Manc twats threatening to come and line the streets of Anfield to 'protect' their team coach has to be among the most embarrassing things I've heard of late. 

I liked De Bruyne's reaction to it:

“Not really. We have experienced that before.” Kevin De Bruyne agreed with his captain. “It was OK,” he said. “I don’t mind supporters doing that – I’ve had it a couple of times for my team and it’s a nice feeling. Breaking windows is probably not done but who am I to say something? I am fine with it as long as no one gets hurt. It doesn’t change anything [for the players]. As long as you keep the violence down, there’s nothing wrong with it.”

RIP that bus though.

This match we'll probably need to put in our best performance of the season if we are to get the 3 points. But those Chelsea matches and the Napoli match were all testing matches and the Napoli performance was probably our worst showing ever under Klopp. I think against City, we need to ditch our slower and more controlled style of play and need to go back to the frantic, fast, constant pressing, all-out attack style of last season.

• Administrator
10 hours ago, BartraPique1932 said:

I bet Cannabis has 13 times more posts in Liverpool related threads than Everton related threads.

:rofl:

'Everton aren't we' 

xD

• The title was changed to Liverpool 0-0 Man City - Sunday 7th October
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived