talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 0-0 Man City - Sunday 7th October

football forum

23 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

No need to bang on about it in every thread mate. 

Why not just comment on the game,  instead of disecting it and coming up with Europe? 

Oh and what you said about missing out on Europe means you can't sign or maintain players ...  That's bollocks as well. Chelsea have just signed Jorginho over City without CL football and I'm pretty sure they signed Kante without CL too. We signed Firmino and Mane without CL football and I'm pretty sure you lot signed Aubamayang etc without CL football. 

Anyway, all I'm saying is don't be too hung up about European football mate, especially in a domestic league match. 

Missing out on Europe one or two seasons when your club already has a status is sustainable, but try going the amount of time you guys went without getting in there and then you'll know.  I go on about it because that's the ultimate prize although I do understand that for you guys the domestic title is a big deal after so many years.

My comment was aimed at the fact Liverpool maintained competitiveness in both competitions last season's and you know as well as I do that benefits you.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Missing out on Europe one or two seasons when your club already has a status is sustainable, but try going the amount of time you guys went without getting in there and then you'll know.  I go on about it because that's the ultimate prize although I do understand that for you guys the domestic title is a big deal after so many years.

My comment was aimed at the fact Liverpool maintained competitiveness in both competitions last season's and you know as well as I do that benefits you.

Nobody cares about Europe, maybe it's an English thing? :what:  ...Both City and Liverpool will reach the last 8 without even trying!

Just now, Happy Blue said:

Nobody cares about Europe, maybe it's an English thing? :what:  ...Both City and Liverpool will reach the last 8 without even trying!

That's about it for you guys isn't it.  You're definitely not Liverpool. :what:

14 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Maybe their legends side although even then it would've been a game today.

I'm imagining a Barcelona legends side.  Wow!!

10 minutes ago, Marc said:

So the best coach in the world, best front 3, best keeper, best centre back etc haven't won in 4 games?

Also not lost in the league despite playing Spurs and Chelsea away and City at home. Joint top!

Surely even someone like you can see that's not a bad return?

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Also not lost in the league despite playing Spurs and Chelsea away and City at home. Joint top!

It's a great return. Gonna be close. I want Liverpool to win the league but I think city will just edge it.

10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Joint top? you're third xD:tf:

2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

xD great minds think alike, BUT the world's most expensive cheerleader/motivator. 

Kind of like Ronaldo in the Euro's final'

Ya' know, cheerled his team to a victory

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Right now Chelsea are the best coached side in the division taking everything into consideration.

Taking everything into account I'd argue Bournemouth are the best coached side ;)

9 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

You was making progress chump, but that simpleton comment just got you back on ignored 

Haha, I don't care to be on your "making progress" list. It might be important to you but you are of a low priority on this forum to most.

My comment was a joke but as usual you respond with an insult.

Teso & Marc need a room. They can do some mutual masturbation while they slag off Klopp. 

As for the game, it's not going to win the award for best game of the season. Our start has been fantastic, but In the last few games we havent looked anywhere near our best. Hopefully this break helps us out a bit.

26 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Chris knows 

Ha ha. In all seriousness it's not quite the same but of you look at the team overachieving the most in the league it is probably Bournemouth 

7 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Never felt like Mahrez was good enough for City, small fish in a big pond for me. No idea why City were so keen on him, also found it weird Pep played inverted wingers for this one. It just didn't work for me, Sterling was nullified and Mahrez was very poor.

Laporte for me, absolutely dominant performance he look top notch.

He's looked class but not world class. It still gets me that he's the biggest signing they've ever made in terms of dollars. It's a good illustration of house quickly the market has moved. 

4 hours ago, Rick said:

Teso & Marc need a room. They can do some mutual masturbation while they slag off Klopp. 

As for the game, it's not going to win the award for best game of the season. Our start has been fantastic, but In the last few games we havent looked anywhere near our best. Hopefully this break helps us out a bit.

I don't think we've looked good I  the attack department at all yet. Salah and firmimo have not started well. Thankfully mane has been very good and the defense has been quite solid. 

21 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

1. Yeah but in Liverpool's eyes they haven't played any hard games yet since winning against big teams is not a problem for them but its only the smaller teams that trouble you lot. :ph34r:

We have been pretty average in our last few games but to come away with those results from our last 7 games and still be joint top is a great return, We've got a few hard games out of the way now and have a bit of an easier run coming up to hopefully get our form back. All it takes is a couple of good performances.

I cannot understand for the life of me what Mahrez was thinking. His body language not once suggested he was going to score. I'm sure just by the way Pep is with people that it's all forgotten about with the others already, but man he should feel like shit for that.

City's record at Anfield is also quite an interesting one. There's clearly some form of psychological barrier there. In a way it's brilliant for the rest of the league as it shows this absolutely fantastic team can be broken.

As for the no wins in four mantra being blahed by the media, it's not really a big deal when you consider the quality of opposition Liverpool have played. It's not like they've been thrashed. If they continue to pick up points against lesser teams they'll have a very good season.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived