The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 0-0 Man City - Sunday 7th October

football forum

• The title was changed to Liverpool 0-0 Man City - Sunday 7th October
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I just cannot get over them letting him take it xD he was obviously fantastic for us but I think it's been over two years I've said I never want him taking another one for us. To let him take a penalty as big as that is unreal. Knew he'd miss.

• Subscriber

Mahrez is an absolute thundercunt xD. I knew that was getting missed though before I even saw who was stepping up to take it. Liverpool, that.

Found that an interesting game, Liverpool have looked as if they have no weaknesses in the first few weeks of the season but their midfield was outclassed today. Fair enough Milner came off injured which disrupted them no doubt. Liverpool in general haven't been as electric this season at times, but I think it's almost a good sign for them, they know they're realistically in a title fight so it would be senseless to be playing as if they have nothing to lose week in, week out like they have in recent seasons.

From City's point of view, they didn't create enough. I didn't reckon they'd miss Kevin De Bruyne too much but today I do think he could have been the difference maker.

Liverpool will be satisfied with a point after the way the game panned out but in the long run this result is a much better one for City.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Got to say that right now neither of the two inspire confidence on the European scene with this sterile football. Very shaky!

But I bet both are happy with the draw. 

Fuck the European scene! Why are you so obsessed with European football when this was a domestic?

Anyway, take a point and move on to a much easier run of games after playing Spurs, Chelsea (twice), PSG, Napoli and Man City within the space of a month.

23 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Think Gomez has been brilliant today, his all round game is really coming on. 

Naby Kieta however is a passenger. It looks like he's actually scared to play for us. 

He was much better second half, Gomez. He looked shaky first half.

We got away with that with the penalty miss but I think a defeat would have been harsh on us. Draw was a fair result

Never felt like Mahrez was good enough for City, small fish in a big pond for me. No idea why City were so keen on him, also found it weird Pep played inverted wingers for this one. It just didn't work for me, Sterling was nullified and Mahrez was very poor.

17 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Also Bernardo Silva was the best player on the pitch by some distance. Van Dijk was close until that penalty incident.

Laporte for me, absolutely dominant performance he look top notch.

56 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

:ph34r: bad football and all but at least Mou has won an European final more recently than the two clowns coaching right now 

There hardly clowns are they. And guardiolla has never been in the Europa league

58 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

This has been really poor all over. Chelsea have to be taken seriously now.

You've been saying man city were gonna piss it all season. In fact last week you said neither Chelsea or Liverpool had a chance 

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Fuck the European scene! Why are you so obsessed with European football when this was a domestic?

Anyway, take a point and move on to a much easier run of games after playing Spurs, Chelsea (twice), PSG, Napoli and Man City within the space of a month.

Because both clubs are in Europe and you talk about a top four all season!  Have you had one pint too many today mate?

Withhout Europe you're nothing and you can't sign or maintain the players and coach you have. Capisci? Entiendes? Understand?

I think we'd have all taken being level with City and Chelsea after played them both and Tottenham away too. However, I think a few games this season, including today's has showed up our weakness in midfield and you can see why we tried for someone like Fekir. Last season Coutinho provided the quality from midfield and after he left, Chamberlain proved to be a driving force in midfield, especially in those three games against City. The three that started today are all too similar and Keita is still clearly getting to grips with things.

From what I am reading on here the game sounded a bit unspectacular.. Only found out on the way home that City missed a penalty... A draw might have been realistic but thought there would have been goals the way both sides attack.. 

Talking of clubs on form, Arsenal have been doing well, their form can't be ignored either.. 

It's tight at the top now... long may the tussles continue 

6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

From what I am reading on here the game sounded a bit unspectacular.. Only found out on the way home that City missed a penalty... A draw might have been realistic but thought there would have been goals the way both sides attack.. 

Talking of clubs on form, Arsenal have been doing well, their form can't be ignored either.. 

It's tight at the top now... long may the tussles continue 

We won't win it this season but maybe next season we can mount a good challenge

30 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Because both clubs are in Europe and you talk about a top four all season!  Have you had one pint too many today mate?

Withhout Europe you're nothing and you can't sign or maintain the players and coach you have. Capisci? Entiendes? Understand?

No need to bang on about it in every thread mate. 

Why not just comment on the game,  instead of disecting it and coming up with Europe? 

Oh and what you said about missing out on Europe means you can't sign or maintain players ...  That's bollocks as well. Chelsea have just signed Jorginho over City without CL football and I'm pretty sure they signed Kante without CL too. We signed Firmino and Mane without CL football and I'm pretty sure you lot signed Aubamayang etc without CL football. 

Anyway, all I'm saying is don't be too hung up about European football mate, especially in a domestic league match. 

15 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I think we'd have all taken being level with City and Chelsea after played them both and Tottenham away too. However, I think a few games this season, including today's has showed up our weakness in midfield and you can see why we tried for someone like Fekir. Last season Coutinho provided the quality from midfield and after he left, Chamberlain proved to be a driving force in midfield, especially in those three games against City. The three that started today are all too similar and Keita is still clearly getting to grips with things.

Getting to grips with things? He's absolutely terrified of doing anything!

Kieta started the season well but then he got a bollocking from Klopp after the Leicester game i think? and he's not been the same since. It's like he's bagged in all the things he's good at and exchanged it for passing the ball backwards, and poorly at that. 

Couple that with our signing of Fabinho and our depth looks better but our starting 11 hasn't improved at all in midfield. 

Fabinho looks terrible btw. With Kieta you can see the potential but Fabinho looks like an asmatic snail. Hope he pulls things around. 

12 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

No need to bang on about it in every thread mate. 

Why not just comment on the game,  instead of disecting it and coming up with Europe? 

Oh and what you said about missing out on Europe means you can't sign or maintain players ...  That's bollocks as well. Chelsea have just signed Jorginho over City without CL football and I'm pretty sure they signed Kante without CL too. We signed Firmino and Mane without CL football and I'm pretty sure you lot signed Aubamayang etc without CL football. 

Anyway, all I'm saying is don't be too hung up about European football mate, especially in a domestic league match. 

Also utd.signed di maria who was world class at the time

12 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

A point at Anfield is a great result and we had over 50% :readthemessage:  ...52% :ph34r:

Barcelona would have had more possession :219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived