• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 6th October

football forum

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

A fixture that is sure to cause some arguing on here.

I'm inclined to say a goalscoring draw. I don't think there is loads between the two sides. I do think their defence is to be gotten at though. We've improved a bit in my opinion since that Bournemouth game but it has helped playing against largely dross.

I think we'll be unchanged.

Schmeichel

Amartey - Morgan - Maguire - Chilwell

Mendy - Ndidi

Ricardo - Iheanacho - Maddison

Vardy

Defence doesn't fill me with confidence but we seem to play quite a lop-sided formation. Amartey stays to effectively make it a back three while Chilwell bombs on, Maddison drifts inside. I've got to say other than his moment of madness two minutes into the season, Amartey hasn't actually been too bad.

Want us to create a few more chances in open play tomorrow. Fingers crossed Maddison follows his England call up with a big performance.

I still don't think Morgan should be starting but it's clear he's going to.

• Subscriber

No result would surprise me here. A bit flat amongst the fans after midweek cup exit which is a shame as last week's 3-0 home win should have generated some momentum.

Just hope we perform not embarrassingly and the post match discussion isn't dominated by shambolic officiating for one reason or another because it's gotten pretty boring. I'd personally like to see Holgate and Bernard in the side but I expect we'll see an almost unchanged side from Fulham. 

Pickford

Kenny Keane Zouma Digne

Davies Gueye

Walcott Sigurdsson Richarlison

Calvert-Lewin 

• Subscriber

Your pace does worry me a bit. We got away with it against Newcastle and Huddersfield but Bournemouth ripped us a new one. I can see you going ahead early doors.

I expect it to be a game dominated by abysmal defending if I'm honest.

2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

No Guaita, no Meyer, no Riedewald. Hodgsons record with players overseas is dismal.

He's a football dinosaur and to be honest appointing someone like him is lazy from any football club's perspective.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He's a football dinosaur and to be honest appointing someone like him is lazy from any football club's perspective.

Very harsh given what happened last season. He's one of the very few that moved with the times in regards to accepting certain wide players should now be treated as strikers. If anything we have been fortunate to have somebody like him who has a strong affiliation to the club.

6 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Very harsh given what happened last season. He's one of the very few that moved with the times in regards to accepting certain wide players should now be treated as strikers. If anything we have been fortunate to have somebody like him who has a strong affiliation to the club.

But you've just finished criticising him for not getting overseas players mate... Although I admit I went a temp further.  But his tenure as England head coach and what happened at Liverpool would dismiss him for me from coaching in any of Europe's top divisions.  Crystal Palace can do better with more thought put into it all because in the same fashion as I said to Bluebird Hewitt on the fact Leeds Utd managed to land Bielsa, Crystal Palace can do so much more and be more inventive than go for what we all know about... A safe appointment that for me isn't all that safe.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

But you've just finished criticising him for not getting overseas players mate... Although I admit I went a temp further.  But his tenure as England head coach and what happened at Liverpool would dismiss him for me from coaching in any of Europe's top divisions.  Crystal Palace can do better with more thought put into it all because in the same fashion as I said to Bluebird Hewitt on the fact Leeds Utd managed to land Bielsa, Crystal Palace can do so much more and be more inventive than go for what we all know about... A safe appointment that for me isn't all that safe.

Hodgson is world class mate, you got it all wrong. 

• Subscriber

Our defending continues to act as a top ten UK charity. Leicester can't create anything so we gift them the ball from our own corner and go ice skating for 45 seconds while they break and score. Good to see us learning our lessons from literally the exact same thing happening last weekend which led to one of Fulhams two goalscoring chances against us.

If we can't win this now that's three away games this season where we've led and not seen it out.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

He's done a good job considering what he took over.

17 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Wish Watford and Bournemouth could both be losing 3-0.

Don't get the Bournemouth hate. They play good football. Small club over achieving 

• Subscriber

Full time 1-2 and a first away win for Marco Silva.

I have to admit I listened to the first 25 minutes on the radio and the streams were shite all afternoon but I managed to follow the second half pretty well.

Sounded like we should have got at least one more early in the game, but in typical Everton fashion were naive and got caught on the break from one of our many corners. Fulham could have got us back last week with a very similar counter attack and should have as well, so we need to learn our lesson there, too many players panicking and diving into tackles, at least make the opposition finish the counter attack with a bit of quality if you can't tackle them.

Second half Leicester started out on top and we were about to bring on Schneiderlin to try and get a foothold, but then Morgan was sent off. Unless I missed something he didn't get a final warning beforehand which is usually what you'd get if you've been booked and you committed that foul on Richarlison, who didn't do himself any favours rolling around clutching his ankle though I do have a tiny bit of sympathy with him, after all the lesson he was taught at Bournemouth the other week is that it's acceptable to try and get other players sent off.

I don't think Morgan needed to go for that one, it should have been "one more and you're off". If I was a Leicester fan I'd feel that that moment turned the game, though it was obviously to our benefit today. As a neutral though I just don't agree with players getting sent off unless they need to be. Just from Everton games this season I've seen red cards for Jagielka, Richarlison, Adam Smith and Morgan that didn't need to be red cards. Sending players off is not good for football matches and referees are getting far too trigger happy in my opinion.

Sigurdsson's goal was a thing of beauty and must have looked like sex from behind the goal (but not to those Leicester fans). After I finish posting my bullshit I'll be off to watch the replays on reddit and have a wank or two.

For us going forward I think the front four we started with today is the best short term solution. Bernard looks a real class act and he along with Richarlison and Sigurdsson are amongst the first names on the team sheet. I was happy with the rest of the players though Davies was a bit meh again and Kenny should have done better on their goal. Hopefully with a consistent coach for more than 6 months they can be moulded and improved rather than just be thrown on the pitch with a lot of talent but little direction and expected to deliver at the level required in the Premier League which is what they've suffered from the last two seasons.

• Administrator

Firstly, what a fucking hit by Gylfi. Top drawer. 

Secondly, Morgan is absolutely done at this level. 2 red cards in a few games and he's just not up to scratch any more. Not good enough. Love what he's done since he joined us in the Championship but times up for him. 

Disappointed given we started the 2nd half well. 

Vardy missed a good chance in first half and Amartey missed a golden one to equalise in last minute. Other than that, pretty shit. 

• Subscriber

A fair result based on 90 minutes. What is gutting is that at the time of the red card I thought we'd really gotten on top of them and I thought we were going to go on and win it, absolutely nothing you can do about a goal like that as well, sensational.

I thought we were lucky to go in level at half time, despite missing chances of our own. Our customary awful start with yet another goal conceded in the first ten minutes.

That's eight red cards in under a year under Puel. It's just reckless.

Said all throughout Morgan shouldn't be starting - he's out of his depth at this level and we cannot get away with him if we're trying to play a possession based game. We'll get away with him in a low-block, defensive side but not playing like this. Either go back to playing that way (which is daft now) or drop him.

A really disappointing result. We're not going to do anything this season. Just there.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived