talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2018/19 - 6-7th October

football forum

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

West Brom wanted Dack in the Summer and allegedly offered a loan and then buy deal (£15m) but if I were them, I’d throw £15m at Leicester to see if I could keep Barnes permanently. 

Not a chance we take that. His ceiling is a lot higher than that.

I want him kept at West Brom for the season and then starting for us next year.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Dan said:

Not a chance we take that. His ceiling is a lot higher than that.

I want him kept at West Brom for the season and then starting for us next year.

That’s the thing, his success on the pitch is driving his price up, which in turn, is making it harder for West Brom to purchase him. 

They’re linked again today with a £20m deal for Dack, which again wouldn’t be enough to sway Leicester IMO. 

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

That’s the thing, his success on the pitch is driving his price up, which in turn, is making it harder for West Brom to purchase him. 

They’re linked again today with a £20m deal for Dack, which again wouldn’t be enough to sway Leicester IMO. 

West Brom will not be able to offer anything that we'd entertain. He's a 20 year old attacking player who regularly produces the goods who has every chance of going into our team in the coming years, and maybe even England if he follows the pattern of others.

It's a pipe-dream for West Brom to think they've got a chance of getting him permanently really, only chance is if we go down this season and they come up, but I highly doubt it.

• Subscriber
On 07/10/2018 at 13:09, StefBWFC said:

Blackburn were very, very lucky to take all three points - they did what we did against Derby a couple of games back, get an early goal and defend like hell. Can't criticise that, it's a successful gameplan.

The football from us was marginally better - the ball actually got played out from the defence rather than an aimless hump forward to nobody. Oztumer is improving, and I think once Ameobi is back from injury, and Lloyd Dyer gets a few games in (if he's still half decent), we'll see it click with them. Wildschut is a big disappointment so far. 

Always annoying to lose to Blackburn, but it is what it is. Fine margins in this game, another day we could have slapped them. Anyway, the yokels to our west got stuffed 4-0 by Preston, so it wasn't a completely shit day. 

Agree with this. We were poor after our goal. Mowbray was honest with his thoughts in his post match press conference. 

Finally plucked the courage to put on a ten pound accumulator and Ipswich go and win their first game of the season against Swansea. Typical.

I know this is bleated almost every season but this league is so open at the moment it's actually mad. Those good starts that Leeds, Brentford etc made literally count for shit. Even Sheffield Wednesday have just made their way in to the playoffs.

It makes you think really that any manager that loses their job will have a case to argue against because the table could look completely different in two weeks time.

On 07/10/2018 at 17:41, Dan said:

West Brom will not be able to offer anything that we'd entertain. He's a 20 year old attacking player who regularly produces the goods who has every chance of going into our team in the coming years, and maybe even England if he follows the pattern of others.

It's a pipe-dream for West Brom to think they've got a chance of getting him permanently really, only chance is if we go down this season and they come up, but I highly doubt it.

He's turned out to be a great shout by our resident scout @Blue.

• The topic was unpinned
2 hours ago, BounceAroundTheGround said:

Maybe a bit. No chance he'll be sacked though unless we go on an extremely bad run of form.

Yeah city aren't a sacking club.

Archived